pixeltracker

GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production- Page 7

GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production

amoni2 Profile Photo
amoni2
#150GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/14/14 at 11:16am

Wow, not that anyone asked you or even cares but I guess that means you've never seen "The Deer Hunter", or "Hairspray" or "Pennies From Heaven", "The Anderson Tapes", "Communion", "Pulp Fiction" or the other ninety so movies he's made. Too bad for you.

Showface
#151GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 9:37am

VERY surprised that they have not stunt-cast this!

I mean, I don't necessarily consider Allison Williams a big celebrity with a large fanbase. Same goes for Christopher Walken. Carrie Underwood was cast to appeal to the teen/tween fanbase.

Peter Pan this year does not have that. This is going to be mainly sold as "Peter Pan: The Live Musical Family Extravaganza" or whatever...

Also, about the Islanders. I think for this production, instead of causing a controversy about the Indians. They are just going to be Natives of Neverland. That way they can shy away from stereotypes and cast as they please.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#152GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 9:42am

It seems almost a reference to Starcatcher, in which the Indians of Neverland are an Indian-like tribal culture gleaned from multicultural tribal elements- bits of the traditional "Red Indian" tropes with big helpings of African Tribe and hints of ronin and samurai as well.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#154GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 5:18pm

I like that font better than the one they had before even though it's essentially a cleaned up version of the logo Rigby used. Walken looks perfectly creepy and Williams looks like a teenage boy so mission accomplished.

jimmycurry01
#155GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 5:24pm

The poster looks great, hopefully the final product will be just as good.

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#156GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 5:30pm

I really like the poster and it suits whatever tone the special will be going for. Now is it just me or does Walken look younger as Hook? Has anyone noticed that?

rosscoe(au) Profile Photo
rosscoe(au)
#157GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 5:32pm

Had no idea this was happening in December, for some reason thought this was being aired next year.

Well I didn't want to get into it, but he's a Satanist. Every full moon he sacrifices 4 puppies to the Dark Lord and smears their blood on his paino. This should help you understand the score for Wicked a little bit more. Tazber's: Reply to Is Stephen Schwartz a Practicing Christian

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#158GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 5:32pm

MUCH better than the slightly terrifying artwork from last year!

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#159GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 5:44pm

@amoni2: Obviously YOU CARE enough to let it bother you that I don't care to see anything that Christopher Walken is in...and no, it's not too bad for me because it's my choice.

Showface
#160GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/16/14 at 10:23pm

I like the poster alot! It looks magical!

But look at it again...doesn't it seem familiar?

Oh, yeah...the Into the Woods Poster....meh...I still like it though!!! GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production

jimmycurry01
#161GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/17/14 at 2:53am

There are countless pages dedicated to trends in film posters. They are all pretty much variations on a theme, and none of them are original any more. Check this one out for an example:
Trends in Movie Posters

Showface
GoSmileLaughCryClap Profile Photo
GoSmileLaughCryClap
#163GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/26/14 at 10:07am

The new trailer and poster seem to be seeking young males. It's all about the pirate, matey!

Updated On: 10/26/14 at 10:07 AM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#164GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/26/14 at 11:54am

The commercial I saw last night did not make it seem like a musical at all. Even before they started showing footage of The Sound of Music, you could tell it was going to be one.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#165GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 10/26/14 at 12:05pm

She didn’t have to audition.

It’s unheard of that a TV actress who had never done a live Broadway musical was given the lead in “Peter Pan Live!,” NBC’s production of the Mary Martin musical airing Dec. 4.

But Allison Williams has that kind of luck.

This is supposed to endear us to her?

Allison Williams flying high in ‘Peter Pan Live!’ rehearsals

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008
Updated On: 10/26/14 at 12:05 PM

Showface
#166GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 11/4/14 at 1:58pm

I think I saw about 5 promos (all the same I think) for it, last night on The Voice.

I always get excited seeing the sets and costumes for this. I have high hopes! GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#168GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 11/5/14 at 10:07pm

^And as a bonus, she is playing the Narrator as well. After seeing the footage of the rehearsals on ET, I think the flying element will be done amazingly well.

AKarp2013 Profile Photo
AKarp2013
#169GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 11/10/14 at 10:55am

The DVD is officially available for pre-order on Amazaon.
Will be released on December 16

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#170GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 11/10/14 at 11:03am

It's not like Carrie Underwood had to audition. NBC is obviously just interested in attracting big names for the main roles--they're not going to make them audition, I imagine they're begging the actors to be on the show. I also can't imagine she was the first person asked though maybe I'm wrong.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

DigificWriter
#171GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 11/12/14 at 1:19am

I hadn't heard that the full cast had basically been decided upon, so it was nice to see it reported in that Playbill article about Minnie Driver joining the cast as Adult Wendy/The Narrator.

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm seriously excited for this thing. It's going to be interesting to see what they do with the material, particularly since it's been 14 years since the show was last broadcast on television in any capacity.

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#172GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 11/12/14 at 4:42pm

Here is the song list per the Peter Pan Live study guide. It's divided into 10 acts to allot time for the commercials:

http://ymiclassroom.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/ppl_songlist.pdf

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#173GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 11/12/14 at 6:04pm

Unless I'm missing something it would appear as if Ugg A Wugg has been jettisoned entirely.

Too bad. The version used in the Rigby productions was a huge showstopper.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#174GIRLS Star Allison Williams To Play Peter Pan In NBC Production
Posted: 11/12/14 at 6:29pm

The "acts" mean commercials, I'm guessing. Super excited for this! Peter Pan starring Cathy Rigby, was my first musical.