pixeltracker

IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!- Page 3

IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!

broadwayfan1995
#50IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 12:13am

Alison Luff would sing it well, but she's too young for the role. She's only 25/26 years old and the role is a 40 year old woman. I'd love to see her to it, but she isn't right for it at the moment. Plus, she's on Broadway in Matilda, which she is perfect in her role as Miss Honey.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#51IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 12:45am

Oo, Julia Murney's name being thrown out there really interests me. Age appropriate, wonderful actress (IMO), and I think her voice would fit nicely with the score.

What would you all think if Murney was announced? Hypothetically, of course.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Pootie2
#52IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 1:02am

I think that'd be great, honestly.

#BoycottTrumplikePattiMurin

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#53IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 2:05am

I would be overjoyed if it was Murney. Does she have a pre-existing relationship with Kitt/Yorkey? After seeing Jessica Phillips name, it makes me think they might try to get someone they have worked with before.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#54IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 9:54am

@broadwayfan1995 I still think Alison could do it, if Jackie Burns' name is being thrown out how about Alison. Alison brings emotion capacity to all her roles and I think she could step it up 100% with Liz/Beth.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

fingerlakessinger Profile Photo
fingerlakessinger
#55IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 1:28pm

Okay except Allison is absolutely wrong for the role. Maybe in like 15 or more years when she is even remotely close to being the proper age for the character. Plus, they are probably going to send out someone who has more of a name. Not saying that Murney or many of the women suggest have big names, but they have a longer resume which will look better on a cast list. Luff is young, she will have her time. But this part is not it.

"Life in theater is give and take...but you need to be ready to give more then you take..."

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#56IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 2:57pm

Jessica Philips would be amazing! the creative team already worked with her also. I think Alison Luff would also be good but she is way to young.

RW3
#57IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 4:14pm

My dream cast for the tour:
Elizabeth(Liz/Beth):Jackie Burns
Josh:Jeremy Stolle
Kate:Tamika Lawrence
Lucas:Curtis Holbrook
Anne:Jennifer Mudge
Standby Elizabeth(Liz/Beth): Saycon Sengbloh

ethan231h Profile Photo
ethan231h
#58IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 4:16pm

I would love to see Carly Hughes as Kate! She would be really funny, she did a lot of adlibbing in Pippin that reminded me of Kate from If/Then

BroadwayGirl107 Profile Photo
BroadwayGirl107
#59IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 1/31/15 at 11:26pm

I've always thought Julia Murney would really be one of the only other people who'd really make this role a knockout like Idina did.

Eden Espinosa would sound nice, but I think she just seems too youthful.

Elphie'sMom Profile Photo
Elphie'sMom
#60IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 2/5/15 at 10:25am

I've never seen anything on tour (since I live in NYC), but I'd imagine that the 'name' thing isn't as big of a deal. So few people get the opportunity to see broadway shows, that I think they are (somewhat) okay with whomever they get, as long as the perfomrer is suitable for the role.

I saw both Idina and Jackie on Broadway, about 6 months apart (Idina first, in previews). Both were amazing, yet different. Jackie definitely did some different things/riffs with some of those big notes (after my daughter wearing out the soundtrack between the two shows and hearing Idina over and over again) it was a nice variation. I am not at all downplaying Idina- we love her. But she is not as young, fresh and vivacious as she used to be. I get it, I've already 'flirted with 40' IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour! and my schedule is not nearly as demanding as hers, and I am tired jsut thinking about what she has to do. Jackie is much younger, not technically the age of Liz/Beth. But she pulled it off, and well I might add. The audience appeared to be at about 75% (we won the lottery, and entered knowing she was in it). We saw her as Elphaba, and we really wanted to see how she was in this role.

That being said, I do not see Idina stepping in at all. She is in talks to do a show produced by Ellen. And she is always talking about the time she does not spend with her son. I don't think she's about to commit to taking him all over the country, or is willing to split him even more with daddy (but I don't know her, so this is all speculation).

While we're throwing Elphabas around, how about Willemijn? Wouldn't that be interesting IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#60IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/22/15 at 8:41pm

My guess is, they will find a star. The model is here, to my thinking, is more like "Song and Dance." Peters scored on Broadway, Melissa Manchester did a tour. I think they'll want someone who will inspire ticket sales, independent of the show title, which isn't one to fill 1300 seats 8 times a week. Sorry, it's just not. The discussions here are very rarefied. Out there, on the road, the prices are not as steep, but steep. This isn't "Cinderella," let alone "Book of Mormon." They need a name performer, and none of the stage stare mentioned here will sell tickets. None. If Menzel doesn't do the sit-downs in Chicago in LA, look for a new star to appear. It's just not a show with name value independent of Menzel, no matter what anyone here says, wishful. To those who say, "But my aunt so-and-so always goes to last year's b'way hit." Look at the hard numbers. Think 1300 seats, not just your aunt. Usually, the recognition value is larger than "If/Then's," from the road standpoint: a vehicle for a star. A star will be needed. And I post this as an admirer of the show who saw it twice and owns the CD.

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling
Updated On: 3/22/15 at 08:41 PM

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#61IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 10:41am

The tour will be doing just fine; the majority of the tickets will already have been pre-purchased by the subscribers in the markets in which it is booked. With the tour now officially moving forward, there has clearly been enough demand amongst presenters.

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#62IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 11:48am

Of note, Lachanze posted a photo of she and Idina at the after party last night, with the caption "@ifthen bye for now" and then added a, uh, smirking emoji. Wonder if that means she's taking part in the tour.

I wouldn't be surprised if a portion of the original cast was on board for the LA production, even Idina perhaps

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#63IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 11:54am

Jessica Philips, besides having kids of her own, has a recurring role on Law and Order: SVU. I doubt she'd be available to tour.

But she'd be fantastic in the role, though. Updated On: 3/23/15 at 11:54 AM

Pootie2
#64IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 11:57am

"Of note, Lachanze posted a photo of she and Idina at the after party last night, with the caption "@ifthen bye for now" and then added a, uh, smirking emoji. Wonder if that means she's taking part in the tour.

I wouldn't be surprised if a portion of the original cast was on board for the LA production, even Idina perhaps
"

I don't see that; the closest is a "Until next time..." with no emoji. Anyway, I really don't think LaChanze would be up for the tour; she's a single parent with two school-aged kids, and one reason why she wanted the supporting role without all the weight of a lead was specifically to have more family time.

Updated On: 3/23/15 at 11:57 AM

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#65IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 12:44pm

I agree that we might be reading too much into LaChanze's instagram post. She may have intended it as "bye for now" to Idina since it was the two of them. Also I notice a lot of theatre folks do the "bye for now" bit so as not to be saying a true goodbye. Kinda like "happy trails"

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

NeverSoShy
#66IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 1:04pm

Last week a regional theatre YouTube account (In Philadelphia I think) posted a promo video with Jackie playing Elizabeth which was taken down a couple of days later, which might indicate that she's going on tour in the role (or alternatively they're trying to promote the show without Idina being the big pull)

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#67IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 1:12pm

I saw that promo video with Jackie Burns footage as well. I viewed it foremost as the tour not wanting to insinuate that Idina Menzel would be headlining.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

delongpre
#68IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 6:30pm

Did someone post a couple of weeks ago that Idina might be doing the LA shows? Not starting a rumor, but I know I saw it mentioned....don't know if it was just someone's wish or not.

Pootie2
#69IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 6:43pm

"Did someone post a couple of weeks ago that Idina might be doing the LA shows? Not starting a rumor, but I know I saw it mentioned....don't know if it was just someone's wish or not."

That initial rumor started with an ill-written interview (Telegraph UK) that stated explicitly that she would be moving to California a couple months after IF/THEN closed "in February" (that portion was corrected later) to continue raising her son since his father is based in California, or something. There was also the thing about the Ellen-produced TV show pilot, which I think was primarily an assumption of convenience based on timing. Basically all just speculation at this point.

ebontoyan
#70IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/23/15 at 8:28pm

If someone will ask a Des Moines (in Iowa) Performing Arts subscriber (which I am one). If/Then is coming to town with Jackie Burns or whoever name(s) were thrown out in this thread the response will be Jackie/whoever who??! So I'd say cast anyone that can carry the role whether unknown or not. Iowa is not getting If/Then this season though, we are getting Bridges of Madison County and I'm not sweating who is playing the Kelli or Steven Pasquale role!! I missed this show in Broadway last season so I'm glad it is coming to Iowa. I did see If/Then with Idina before it closed which was a treat!!!

Updated On: 3/23/15 at 08:28 PM

getlucky2
#71IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/24/15 at 10:39am

"Why not earn bank..what else can she do? I don't see her on a TV show."

I guess you missed the announcement that she's starring in a TV series that Ellen DeGeneres is producing.

Pootie2
#72IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/24/15 at 10:50am

Technically I think it's just a pilot episode, and maybe it'll get picked up. Or it might not. There isn't much information about it otherwise, though.

getlucky2
#73IF/THEN Will Launch National Tour!
Posted: 3/24/15 at 3:40pm

"Technically I think it's just a pilot episode, and maybe it'll get picked up. Or it might not. There isn't much information about it otherwise, though."

Yeah, most TV shows start off as a pilot. My point is, to sit here and act like she doesn't have plenty of career options right now (including TV) is not only ridiculous but actually delusional.