pixeltracker

Riedel on Hamilton transfer- Page 4

Riedel on Hamilton transfer

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#75Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/20/15 at 8:13pm

Riedel desperately tried to talk up Bullets last season, to hilarious failure.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

binau Profile Photo
binau
#76Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/20/15 at 8:18pm

Yes Kad, that was so hilarious. He was predicting another "Producers".

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#77Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/20/15 at 8:19pm

I would add my two cents on how much I loathe Riedel.. but assuming he's eavesdropping around here, that'll only make him happy. He gets turned on by the hatred.

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#78Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/20/15 at 8:31pm

I saw it and being critical of LMM work before, this was was something I enjoyed. That said, I don't understand the hype and don't believe it could/would close to running longer than a year on Broadway. If it got a Best Musical Tony perhaps, but I don't get the commercial appeal. It is also gonna get thromped by Rotten.

Mattbrain
#79Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/20/15 at 11:42pm

"Riedel desperately tried to talk up Bullets last season, to hilarious failure."

Yeah, that was fun.

"He gets turned on by the hatred."

Well, you know what they say. Pride is present before the fall.

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."
Updated On: 2/20/15 at 11:42 PM

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#80Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/21/15 at 2:59pm

This is a tuff one, rush in and capitalize on the hype and momentum or wait and finesse further and possibly risk over tinkering. After looking at the promo clips for Rotten and Shoulda the Hamilton clip looks like exciting genius. Personally I'd invest in a full price ticket for Hamilton and look for comps on the other two and not care if I missed either of them based on what they are putting out there.

Up In One
Updated On: 2/21/15 at 02:59 PM

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#81Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/21/15 at 3:28pm

If they don't transfer now, I think they should wait until next spring unless they can secure a smaller house than the Rodgers for the fall. With a house of that size, I have doubts about whether or not they would be able to ride the hype all the way through the slower winter months.

Updated On: 2/21/15 at 03:28 PM

betted
#82Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/21/15 at 3:43pm

the producers know that the buzz is on now, so they probably don't want to risk waiting for something else to get such a buzz

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#83Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/21/15 at 10:16pm

It's a hot ticket. But so was Here Lies Love, Bloody Bloody... etc. Doesn't guarantee any commercial success.

Wasn't In the Heights a tough sell off-Broadway? Then transferred and stuff?

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#84Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 9:39am

Lin tweeted he was out tonight and Javi would be on so he can take notes in the audience. Does this mean it may transfer this season, because why else would he take notes on a frozen show? (Or do writers do that even after the show is already frozen and opened).

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#85Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 9:55am

The show may be frozen for the Off-Broadway run, but it sounds like the plan is to transfer no matter what, it just depends on when. So even if they transfer now or transfer next season, Lin probably wants more views of the show on its feet.

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#86Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 9:56am

With everything that seems to be going on, I'm sure he needs to watch it and get some perspective and objectivity.

It's hard enough having either of those under the pressure of this kind of pre-Broadway situation. Performing in it as well must only increase the pressure.

Here's wishing you wisdom and courage, Lin. Everyone is pulling for you.

BroadwayBaby14
#87Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 10:40am

Totally agreed finebydesign!

temms Profile Photo
temms
#88Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 11:09am

"Wasn't In the Heights a tough sell off-Broadway? Then transferred and stuff?"

Actually, "In The Heights" didn't sell very well off-Broadway at all. It was way over at 37 Arts on 37th and 10th, which is in the middle of nowhere and difficult to get to. If I remember right, reviews were good but not earth-shaking. There was some serious discussion about whether it was worth moving considering how poorly it was doing. A lot of "If they can't even sell 400 seats off-Broadway how are they possibly going to do 1000 a night on?"

RUkiddingme
#89Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 2:09pm

I think if he missed a Saturday evening, it would mean an April transfer.
If he missed a Wednesday date that is also a prime number, it would mean a May transfer.
A Sunday evening ... could simply be a missed performance.

billyelliotfan123
#90Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 2:28pm

RUkiddingme, how does it feel to be a a total moron? The reason he is missing the show is to take notes and work on the show.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#91Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 2:32pm

It's pretty clear he was being sarcastic.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#92Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 2:34pm

Shame on RUKidding for not using the universally accepted sarcasm font.

Thud.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#93Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 5:06pm

Oh, good grief. I certainly hope it doesn't come in this season. I HATE when the TONYs are so predictable. I won't be able to deal with another "sweep". Jeanine deserves some gold this spring.

CoreyRyan3
#94Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 5:27pm

If this were to cancel the extension at the Public and transfer this season, when would the final performance at the Public be? I have tickets for March 11th.

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#95Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 5:30pm

Well, since nothing has been announced, I doubt anybody actually knows. :P

CoreyRyan3
#96Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 5:36pm

Hahah true, just wondering if there were any ideas as to what the final date may be. I mean, i'm seeing the show in only 2 and a half weeks, if they're going to cancel it before then, i'd like to know soon so i can make other plans!

broadway_show_fan Profile Photo
broadway_show_fan
#97Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 6:04pm

If they cancel the performance you're scheduled to attend, and they move to broadway, I'd assume they would give you a voucher or chance to get new tickets for a new date in the Broadway theater.

CoreyRyan3
#98Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 6:05pm

Yes, I know, but I only get to the city 3 or 4 times a year, so I'd have to get a ticket for a far later date and find a new show to see on my March trip.

Daddy Warbucks Profile Photo
Daddy Warbucks
#99Riedel on Hamilton transfer
Posted: 2/22/15 at 6:05pm

Anyone heard any further updates on whether this is looking like it will transfer this season?