Audra On Tour?

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#1Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/16/15 at 10:34pm

Anyone see her show? What's her set-list?

ArtMan
#2Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/16/15 at 11:15pm

I see her Saturday in Jacksonville with our symphony. (fifth row, $59) I'll report back. But if you do a search with her name and Ticketmaster concert reviews, you will get an idea of some songs in her setlist by reviewers. I know she does Moments In The Woods and Over The Rainbow.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#2Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 12:00am

I saw her in November of 2013 and she also included Go Back Home, I'll Be Here, and We Could Have Danced All Night.

JamesBroadwayWiner Profile Photo
JamesBroadwayWiner
#3Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 12:05am

I saw her show a year ago. It was a lot of standard musical theatre classics like the ones already listed by other posters. She also sang Stars and the Moon

"Brevity is the soul of wit"--Hamlet

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#4Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 12:38am

Just google Audra McDonald tour.

In the New York area she'll be at the New Jersey Performing Arts Center in Newark on Sunday, April 19th and at the Tilles Center on Long Island on Saturday, May 9th.

The Tilles Center says Sold Out and even StubHub doesn't show tickets.

The NJ Center still has a lot of seats left in their 2nd, 3rd and 4th tiers for $62, $44 and $32 dollars. They also have a scattering of single seats up closer. Of course that place is in Newark.

On Wednesday, April 29th she is finally doing her Carnegie Hall concert which was rescheduled from December. Carnegie Hall has mostly just about 50 seats in the furthest part of the balcony available. StubHub has a lot of tickets, though, (90 right now I think) and you can get a good seat for a not ridiculous price of $140. If you wait to the last few days you can probably pick up a good seat from StubHub at a firesale price from people who are panicking that they won't sell their tickets at all.

At Carnegie Hall it looks like she will be singing with just a trio of piano, bass and drums. They have an audio sample of "First You Dream" by Kander and Ebb.

I, ahem, have two seats in the First Tier.

Updated On: 3/17/15 at 12:38 AM

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#5Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 3:39am

She's coming to Pittsburgh on April 15th and I'm torn whether or not to go. I'd have to skip class and the cheapest seats in the second tier are still $62.

I'm probably gonna buckle down and go though.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#6Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 3:51am

I was also deterred by the cost of tickets in Pittsburgh at first, but I broke down. It's Audra, you have to.

cbcgirl4life
#7Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:08am

I saw her last month-what a performance! She sang music from lots of up and coming composers, but also sang "Stars and the Moon", "Moments in the Woods", "I Could Have Danced all Night", "Summertime", "Climb Every Mountain", and "Somewhere Over The Rainbow".

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#8Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:13am

Saw her in Chapel Hill, NC last month. The ones I can remember now:
Stars and the Moon
Maybe This Time
Climb Ev'ry Mountain
Moments in the Woods
A German lieder song with Craig's List ads for lyrics
Make Someone Happy
I'll Be Here
Over the Rainbow
A comic song called "Baltimore"

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before
Updated On: 3/17/15 at 08:13 AM

rjm516
#9Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 10:29am

Saw her in Madrid in Jan. and we got a program with the entire setlist and I think it's the same the whole tour. The website also has it up still:

http://www.teatro-real.com/en/espectaculos/1904

Updated On: 3/17/15 at 10:29 AM

madela2
#10Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 10:32am

Saw Audra in Kohler, WI last month and it was so so good! She was beautiful, humble, hilarious, and (obviously) sounded amazing.

I wish I would have written down exactly what she sang because I am terrible at remembering song titles. However, it was very similar to what carolinaguy has listed.

These reviews I found give a little bit more information.
https://www.bostonglobe.com/arts/music/2015/03/03/mcdonald-shifts-fluidly-among-styles-symphony-hall/bzeUX4syqFzT1yU9MkkmzI/story.html#

https://www.broadwayworld.com/houston/article/BWW-Reviews-Audra-McDonald-a-Living-Legend-20150312

"At Carnegie Hall it looks like she will be singing with just a trio of piano, bass and drums."
This was the set up for the concert I was at also.

I was unfamiliar with the song I'll Be Here and I found myself in a puddle of tears after that song. The anecdotes of her daughter being unimpressed with her success and her love for Chipotle were hilarious. It was quite a lovely evening. Highly recommend if you can make it!

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#11Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 12:40pm

I saw her recently and she sang most of what is listed above, plus a song about 9/11, a song that was called something along the lines of "The Otter and the Bear" and a song called "Sandwich Relish".

rjm516
#12Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 5:26pm

^ The song about 9/11 is "I'll Be Here", on the program listing.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#13Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 6:58pm

For anyone in the Boston area: she'll be performing with the Pops this spring season, in June.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

MichelleCraig Profile Photo
MichelleCraig
#14Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 7:49pm

I saw her at Disney Hall in Los Angeles several years ago. She was spellbinding and I will see her the next time she's in town, too. Magnificent. I've also seen her in a good number of Broadway productions, but just know she can command a stage on her own, too.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#15Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 8:33pm

I broke down and bought a ticket. I just can't miss her

Soozie
#16Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/17/15 at 10:32pm

I saw her in Boston at Symphony Hall about 2 weeks ago.

She had a trio of musicians.

I don't recall every song she sang, but they included:

Sing Happy
The Glamorous Life
Stars and the Moon
Baltimore
Let's Not Talk About Love
I Could Have Danced All Night
Maybe This Time
Craigslistlieder
I'll be Here
Hurry, It's Lovely Up Here
Make Someone Happy
The Tale of Bear and Otter
Climb Every Mountain

The encore was: Somewhere Over the Rainbow

By the way, in reference to a post a few up the page, the song is called The Tale of Bear and Otter and it is by Shaina Taub.

Updated On: 3/17/15 at 10:32 PM

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#17Audra On Tour?
Posted: 3/18/15 at 1:12am

Why did PBS stop broadcasting "Evening with Pops?" So many great entertainers on that show. Did any obscure cable station pick it up? Big loss of revenue for the Pops, I would think.

And they never sold tapes or DVDs of those shows.

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#18Audra On Tour?
Posted: 4/7/15 at 4:27pm

Does anyone have any idea why the tour dates are being shuffled? I had to cancel my tickets for the Pittsburgh show on April 15 because it's now May 11 when I'm out of the city.

The only reason the box office gave was "conflicts with the artist's schedule."

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#19Audra On Tour?
Posted: 4/7/15 at 8:09pm

My wife and I saw her in West Palm a couple of weeks ago, and she was brilliant, as ever.  We've seen her many times, and she's incorporated several new songs along with several that she says she "will never jettison."  The song about 9/11, "I'll be Here", has been in her set list for a few years, and it produces tears every time.  It's by Adam Gwon, who won both the Kleban award and the Frank Ebb award given to young composers.  Aside from her incredible voice, what sets her apart is the rapport she develops with her audience.

For example, in the song "Baltimore" (not a new addition) she stopped after the first eight bars, confessed (with no defensiveness at all) that she had botched the lyrics, and told her great musical director, Andy Einhorn, that she needed to start again and get it right.

She always saves "I Could Have Danced All Night" towards the end of the show and does it with an audience sing along.

I love this woman.  

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#20Audra On Tour?
Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:13pm

More tickets opened up for Carnegie.  Just bought my seats!  Can't wait...even though this is my fourth third Audra concert, I just can't get enough of that brilliant woman!

Soozie
#21Audra On Tour?
Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:56pm

To reply to an earlier post upthread, I recently found the set list online for Audra's Boston Symphony Hall concert last month:

Program
JOHN KANDER/FRED EBB (arr. Einhorn)
“Sing Happy,” from Flora, the Red Menace (1965)

RICHARD RODGERS/OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II
“It Might as well be Spring,” from the film State Fair (1945)

BURTON LANE/ALAN JAY LERNER
“Hurry! It’s Lovely Up Here,” from On a Clear Day You Can See Forever (1965)

GUS KAHN/WALTER DONALDSON (arr. Einhorn)
“My Buddy” (1922)

MARCY HEISLER/ZINA GOLDRICH
“Baltimore”

COLE PORTER (add’l: Dachslager) (arr. Einhorn)
“Let’s Not Talk About Love”

JASON ROBERT BROWN
“Stars and the Moon,” from Songs for a New World (1995)

STEPHEN SONDHEIM
“Glamorous Life”

DAVE MALLOY
“No One Else,” from Natasha, Pierre, and the Great Comet of 1812 (2013)

ALAN JAY LERNER/FREDERICK LOEWE
“I Could Have Danced All Night,” from My Fair Lady

SHAINA TAUB
“The Tale of Bear and Otter” (2011)

JOHN KANDER/FRED EBB
“Maybe This Time” from Cabaret

GABRIEL KAHANE
Selections from Craigslistlieder (2006)

GEORGE GERSHWIN
“Summertime,” from Porgy and Bess

JOHN KANDER/FRED EBB
“Go Back Home,” from The Scottsboro Boys (2010)

ADAM GWON
“I’ll Be Here,” from Ordinary Days (2009)

JULE STYNE/BETTY COMDEN/ADOLPH GREEN
“Make Someone Happy”

RICHARD RODGERS/OSCAR HAMMERSTEIN II
“Climb Ev’ry Mountain,” from The Sound of Music (1959)

ENCORE:
HAROLD ARLEN
“Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” from The Wizard of Oz

Cupid Boy2 Profile Photo
Cupid Boy2
#22Audra On Tour?
Posted: 4/15/15 at 1:59pm

Ugh, how I wish the Pittsburgh date hadn't been moved. I was supposed to be seeing her tonight, and that set list is incredible 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#23Audra On Tour?
Posted: 4/15/15 at 2:55pm

"Ugh, how I wish the Pittsburgh date hadn't been moved. I was supposed to be seeing her tonight, and that set list is incredible "

Same here. I'm so bummed!

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#24Audra On Tour?
Posted: 4/21/15 at 3:11pm

Review of Audra in Newark

http://www.examiner.com/review/audra-mcdonald-passionately-pleads-keep-american-musical-theater-alive

How many knew that she made a suicide attempt while at Juilliard? Probably everyone except me.

Three pairs of $120 seats right now (3:10 pm  4/21) in parquet (orchestra) between rows B and O.

Updated On: 4/21/15 at 03:11 PM

Videos