pixeltracker

Bruce Jenner Interview- Page 2

Bruce Jenner Interview

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#25Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/25/15 at 2:15pm

I found it interesting but not sure it needed two hours.

FindingNamo
#26Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/25/15 at 3:08pm

Of course they do.  Of course there is.

“Log Cabin Republicans congratulates Bruce Jenner in the tremendous courage he demonstrated tonight, being true to himself both in terms of his personal identity as well as his political identity,” the statement read. “There is a home for you in Log Cabin Republicans — as there is for all lesbian, gay, bi-sexual, and transgender conservatives and straight allies.”

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#27Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/25/15 at 5:36pm

So much online today after the interview, I'd say almost 100%, is people saying that because he came out as a transjenner woman, that he MUST be praised and he MUST be applauded. Give me a break. Yes, it was brave of him to do it but he's still a reality whore WHO IS A F*CKING REPUBLICAN. The hypocrisy is disgusting and I have no respect for him over that. 

Oh, and he said that he still wanted to be referred to as a "he" until "she" is real, but he kept referring to himself as "she" and saying he's a woman. That confused the crap out of me so i can only imagine how confusing it is to people who have no clue what this whole thing is about.

philly03 Profile Photo
philly03
#28Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/25/15 at 5:45pm

I agree with Jordan. The huge chunk of it was a gross commercial for anything and all Kardashian-Jenner children (the musician son/daughter, the different shows, etc.). Kudos to him, but I would've preferred something with a lot less flash.

I'm not sure whose worse... Bruce Jenner, Kris Kardashian or Faye Resnick, certainly the morally corrupt trinity since the 80s, with Bruce's kids (and step kids) quickly taking over.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#29Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/25/15 at 6:01pm

Probably the best response for that plastic fame-whore family.  Bruce Jenner Interview

StageManager2 Profile Photo
StageManager2
#30Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/25/15 at 6:54pm

His "I'm a Republican, I believe in the Constitution" was laughable!

I'm sick of the myth that only Republicans care about the Constitution and life and family values and love America and the military, etc. None of that is true. They only care about corporations and lining their (and their cronies') pockets.

Salve, Regina, Mater misericordiae
Vita, dulcedo, et spes nostra
Salve, Salve Regina
Ad te clamamus exsules filii Eva
Ad te suspiramus, gementes et flentes
O clemens O pia

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#31Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/25/15 at 8:26pm

He'll always be "that vapid Capitalist c**t" to me.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#32Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/25/15 at 9:10pm

One can't help but wonder if Jenner would be a different (better) person today if he had been allowed to be his true self decades ago.

Wilmingtom
#33Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:27am

I admit to knowing nothing about Jenner's extended family. I know they're famous, that they have a TV show, that their patriarch was a famous lawyer and that, for whatever reasons, they're controversial, but that's it.  It seems that they're all supportive which is, of course, a good thing (his oldest son was most compelling in the interview).  I think his most recent wife (or estranged?) when asked, replied with "No comment." which I think is strange.  Especially in light of his other former wives all wishing him well.  If I was her publicist, I would have gotten out in front of that and said, "Oh no, you're going to wish him the best just like everyone else."  And to those who think this is some kind of publicity stunt, really?  There are certainly easier ways of getting publicty than having gender reassignment.  That's yet one more example of people unable to wrap their small minds around the whole transgender issue.  I'm grateful that he's brave enough to bring it into the mainstream.

SNAFU Profile Photo
SNAFU
#34Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:31am

I just tried to watch it but had to stop at the halfway point. Why was this two hours?

Those Blocked: SueStorm. N2N Nate. Good riddence to stupid! Rad-Z, shill begone!

Wilmingtom
#35Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:46am

I found the entire two hours fascinating, but then I'm sure there are those who don't find the subject that engaging. I wouldn't watch two hours about deep sea fishing but I'm sure there are others who would find it interesting.

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#36Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 4:25am

Was it because of his political leanings that he wasn't willing to discuss the possibility of future relationships? If you are adamant that you were HETEROSEXUAL while fighting yourself to continue identifying as male, once you transition to female, are you not now a lesbian? He was so damn dismissive of the question. 

He was pretty obnoxious. 

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#37Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 4:54am

I watched most of it and was so confused when Diane brought up his sexuality and his constant sidestepping. Yes I understand that that gender and desire are two separate things, but it's not like they're mutually exclusive concepts that are completely independent. He insists that he has only ever been attracted to women, but refuses to call it anything. It's like he's clinging to his last bastion of heteronormity as if the lesbian part is what is going to lose people's affection. Dude, you just came out as a woman... Does the word lesbian really terrify you?

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#38Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 7:24am

I appreciate the latest page of posts (particularly those by Namo and JerseyGirl) because although I have great admiration for Jenner's courage in coming out after 40 years as a national icon, in the interview I found him sort of a douche.

I think it was all the caginess about names and labels and pronouns. That and all the talk about how *he* kept thinking "I have the real story" during the years of filming the Kardashian show. Yeah, you fooled us all (even those of us who haven't seen the show). Good for you.

You've had 65 years to struggle with this issue, Mr. J. Haven't you at least decided whether you can handle the term "lesbian"? (Or whether it doesn't apply to M2F transsexuals. Fine with me either way.)

ArtMan
#39Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 7:59am

I didn't watch the entire interview just the beginning.  I actually felt sorry for him, but happy for him.  However, that changed when I read that he will have his own reality series on E which will follow his transition.  If this was such a difficult decision for him, the interview with Diane, and going public, then why have the reality series?  I know his transition is not a publicity stunt, but possibly the interview was a two hour coming attraction trailer for his series.  Had he continued his path in a more private course, I would still continue to have empathy for him.  Did anyone else think, when he let his hair down (from the pony tail) he favored Julianne Moore?

Updated On: 4/26/15 at 07:59 AM

JerseyGirl2 Profile Photo
JerseyGirl2
#40Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 8:56am

I think that he has had enough work done that, even though he will be very tall, he will probably look quite nice as a woman. He already reminds me of a female golf pro. (Is that terrible to say?!) He's only about 3.5 inches taller than I am. He's got 2" on Allison Janney. 

"All that time I had the REAL story!"

That keeps playing over and over in my mind. Part of me wonders how much of this (the interview, the reality show) is to give Kris the middle finger after so many years being the kicking boy on the show. (I have only seen a handful of episodes, but one that I have seen was Khloe planning her very fast wedding. It was incredibly scripted, but Bruce just kept waiting around for Khloe to ask him to walk her down the aisle, but she asked her brother. Everyone had something to do at the rehearsal, except Bruce, who sat there moping. Eventually, at the very end, she asked him. It was very obviously planned, but this is what they did to him.) Now he can, "make it," without her controlling things. He keeps saying they are going to change the world with this. I guess they could. I just wonder if he has been made a joke too much in the past to ever be taken seriously. I mean, he's a REPUBLICAN. He supports the party that is voting against his rights. 

I was chastised yesterday for daring to say that while I feel for him because it's obvious that he has suffered while having to hide this, I didn't think I could watch his show. I didn't want to give the family any more publicity. Apparently his bravery removes anything nagative the family has put into the universe and I don't have the right to judge him! 

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than f**ckin' perfect!
Updated On: 4/26/15 at 08:56 AM

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#41Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 9:01am

One of my old Act-Up friends remarked that despite our objections to various things he said, for mainstream America, Bruce Jenner will be to transgender people what Rock Hudson was for people with HIV.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#42Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 11:12am

How sad for our culture that after years of struggles, extreme violence, and deaths suffered by transgender people, many of them lower-class transgenders of colors, it takes this hypocritical bastard to get people to pay attention. I guess it's a win for transgender people (certain transgender people), and a win for patriarchy, conservativism, and heterosexism.

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#43Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:00pm

The show's two hours were masterfully shaped in post-production to maximize the turns  in Jenner's story.  If you look at it in terms of the Freytag Pyramid or any classic dramatic story structure (Robert McKee screenwriting works fine), the revelation that Jenner is a Republican came at 10:29 p.m. The "crisis" point before the third act climax in the last 30 minutes. It was brilliantly placed, because by then we'd already heard most of the other telling information, the backstory had become foreground with his children interviewed and the program was inching toward its end. What shocked me: at 10:29 I realized I'd been engaged for almost 90 minutes with a story that seemingly packed all of its (new) information into the first 30 minutes.  Solid television, and as Pal Joey said, good for trans people everywhere, yeah, maybe the equivalent to Hudson and HIV.  The fact that Jenner has held onto his conservative worldview only drives the point home: your politics don't determine your gender or sexual orientation.  Whether self-acceptance or societal, these personal matters shouldn't be relegated to party platforms.        

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

EricMontreal22 Profile Photo
EricMontreal22
#44Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:08pm

"Not sure what "Can't Stop the Music" has to do with this discussion. Are you suggesting that everyone in that cast was gay?  Steve Guttenberg, Russell Nype, Jack Weston, Paul Sand...  And if you had listened to what Jenner said, or what any trans person has ever said, sexual orientation has nothing to do with sexual identity.  Watch "Transparent" on Netflix for a started course then come back to the conversation."

They DO have something to do with each other--in the least because they both are issues that are highly controversial, involve on *some* level questions about sex, and are groups that are repressed.  I think it is important to make clear that they aren't connected in terms of sexual attraction, but I hate how some seem to want to act like they are completely separate issues.  Sociologically speaking, at the least, they aren't.

I agree that the interview was surprisingly non sensationalistic and overall well done.  I admit I found Jenner's politics a weird point, and agree with Namo there (though I certainly know other millionaire celebrities I otherwise admire who feel the same way,) and found his uncomfortableness with him (sorry, I suppose I should say her, and I don't mean that with any disrespect) identifying now as a lesbian... strange.  This is probably me projecting, but it seemed like he was still happier thinking he was having straight sex, everything else aside.  And y'know, that's fine and maybe even expected given everything he has gone through.

EricMontreal22
#45Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:10pm

"Seriously, namo, what do you know about sexuality or gender?  

Oh gimme a break.  Namo and I have had, and continue to have our issues between each other, but to suggest he knows nothing about issues of sexuality and gender and isn't empathetic towards minority struggles just implies you never read this forum.

EricMontreal22
#46Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:13pm

"Reading an Internet comments section and forming an opinion about humankind is inaccurate as reading a previews thread on an Internet Broadway site and forming an opinion about the quality and future success of a show. You just get a bunch of people crabbing whose voices seem disproportionately loud.
Better to judge by the show itself. Think about how many millions of people now heave listened to the heart of a trans person.
That is how progress happens: by people listening.
I would say the overall impression is "I hope he's happy...or should I say 'she'?"
And that's a good thing."

Perfectly said, PJ.

Liza's Headband
#47Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:14pm

Eric.. I'm pretty sure that remark was sarcastic. 

EricMontreal22
#48Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:21pm

"I agree with Jordan. The huge chunk of it was a gross commercial for anything and all Kardashian-Jenner children (the musician son/daughter, the different shows, etc.). ."

I wouldn't say that, otherwise they would have actually been featured.  And the talk of them was kept very brief.  I admit, though, I've never seen an episode at all and the most I've seen of any of them has been on talk shows, so maybe I missed something.

And apologies, I see a few others have said basically what I said in above posts--serves me right for coming late to the party and commenting as I read the thread.

EricMontreal22
#49Bruce Jenner Interview
Posted: 4/26/15 at 1:22pm

"Eric.. I'm pretty sure that remark was sarcastic. "

If they were, I hugely apologize.