pixeltracker

Line-Up of Tony Performances & Presenters 2015- Page 2

Line-Up of Tony Performances & Presenters 2015

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#25Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 6:44pm

American in Paris is doing a medley. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#26Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 6:50pm

UPDATE from Playbill: Lisa Howard, who plays Jenny Steinberg in the new musical It Shoulda Been You, will sing Brian Hargrove and Barbara Anselmi's "Jenny's Blues."

Matt1
#27Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 8:03pm

Excited for A Musical and Ring of Keys.   I think the single song is the way to go.  

GlindatheGood22  Profile Photo
GlindatheGood22
#28Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 8:36pm

Hooray hooray hooray for Fun Home doing of Ring of Keys. I hope (and think) Sydney will win.

I know you. I know you. I know you.

jacobsnchz14
#29Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 10:26am

Presenters have been announced also:

Hosted by Tony Award winners, Kristin Chenoweth and Alan Cumming, Broadway's biggest night will feature appearances by Bradley Cooper, Neil Patrick Harris, Jim Parsons, Amanda Seyfried, Ashley Tisdale, Bryan Cranston, Joe Manganiello, Kiefer Sutherland, Anna Chlumsky, Larry David, Jason Alexander, Misty Copeland, Sting, Corey Stoll, David Hyde Pierce, Debra Messing, Jennifer Nettles, Marg Helgenberger, Rita Wilson, Rose Byrne, Thomas Sadoski, Sutton Foster, Taye Diggs, Taylor Schilling, Bobby Cannavale & Tommy Tune among others.

Hope to see Ashley Tisdale present the GIGI performance with Vanessa!

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#30Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 11:00am

"I thought Matilda and The Scottsboro Boys were both terrific medleys."

Totally agree, at least in the case of Matilda, don't really remember Scottsboro Boys. I'm very happy OTTC is doing a medley, and it's a very good combo of songs, too.

jacobsnchz14
#31Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 11:01am

Re: OTTC

It's pretty much the same medley they performed on Today (I believe) but will have more of the production value on the Radio City Stage and probably have more of the cast.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#32Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 11:07am

"Y'all are throwing praise @ Fun Home but SR! isn't doing a medley either. So blinded. "

I think having an 11-year-old perform a solo song is vastly different than a giant, very splashy production number.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

gmhots
#33Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 2:59pm

I only wish they had Kristin perform Veronique instead of Babette. It's showier, showcases her voice and performance more, and has great ensemble action too. Also, it's a better visual than Babette and easier to edit down.

If you want to talk about context, both Babette and Veronique taken out of context makes no sense whatsoever, so what's the harm with choosing the latter? Sigh.

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#34Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/28/15 at 4:41pm

I'm really excited that Lisa Howard is doing "Jenny's Blues." She is a standout and that was my favorite song in the show. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

jacobsnchz14
#35Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/29/15 at 11:30am

I haven't seen "It Shoulda Been You"... does Sierra Boggess have any sort of song?

ucjrdude902 Profile Photo
ucjrdude902
#36Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/31/15 at 4:20pm

I heard a rumor of a surprise Josh Groban performance at the TONYS with Kelly Clarkson. Anyone know if its just a rumor?

mFabila
#37Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/31/15 at 4:28pm

We'll find out if it's officially announced this week (and not a surprise) or if BWW does another live blog of the Tony rehearsal. I went last year and that whole rap thing Hugh Jackman did was not done during the rehearsal and was a complete shock when I saw the actual ceremony at the Times Square simulcast.

Will they be singing the "All I Ask Of You" Duet from his STAGES album?

jacobsnchz14
#38Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/31/15 at 4:31pm

^^ Ditto to that.

ucjrdude902
#39Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/31/15 at 4:32pm

I was told that was the plan!

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#40Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/31/15 at 4:45pm

What a weak and uninteresting group of presenters:

Broadway's biggest night will feature appearances by Bradley Cooper, Neil Patrick Harris, Jim Parsons, Amanda Seyfried,Ashley Tisdale, Bryan Cranston, Joe Manganiello, Kiefer Sutherland,Anna Chlumsky, Larry David, Jason Alexander, Misty Copeland, Sting, Corey Stoll, David Hyde Pierce, Debra Messing, Jennifer Nettles, Marg Helgenberger, Rita Wilson, Rose Byrne, Thomas Sadoski, Sutton Foster, Taye Diggs, Taylor Schilling, Bobby Cannavale & Tommy Tune among others.

The one's highlighted...what are their connections to Broadway other than some being on a CBS show?

Where are all the Broadway legends-stars from past & present?

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ClumsyDude15 Profile Photo
ClumsyDude15
#41Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/31/15 at 5:09pm

Misty Copeland is a famous ballet dancer and would I assume have something to do with An American in Paris or even On the Town. Misty served as a judge on So You Think You Can Dance this past season which awarded its winner an ensemble dance role in On the Town. 

"Anybody that goes to the theater, I think we’re all misfits, so we ended up on stage or in the audience.” --- Patti LuPone.
Updated On: 5/31/15 at 05:09 PM

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#42Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/31/15 at 5:16pm

*Ashley Tisdale-Likely gonna be presenting the cast of Gigi.
*Joe Manganiello-He's done theatre before, he was even on Show People with Paul Wontorek as he was getting ready to do a production of A Streetcar Named Desire at Yale Repertory Theatre.
*Misty Copeland-Probably gonna be presenting the cast of An American in Paris.
*Corey Stoll-He's been on Broadway three times before.
*Marg Helgenberger-She may not have been on Broadway yet, but she did start out in the theatre. This is actually her third time presenting at the Tonys.

jnb9872 Profile Photo
jnb9872
#43Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 5/31/15 at 5:37pm

Also, never forget: the Tony Award Telecast is not a charity drive. CBS graciously broadcasts the low-rated telecast annually, and they're allowed to populate it with actors from their programs if they so choose. NPH wasn't picked repeatedly just because he was a well-received host. Each of his Emmy Award hosting gigs were CBS' turn in the rotation. The networks do this at any major award that isn't the Oscars (and sometimes, even then, but AMPAS has - for better or worse - kept itself out of that ring for the most part.) Just part of the game.

Words don't deserve that kind of malarkey. They're innocent, neutral, precise, standing for this, describing that, meaning the other, so if you look after them you can build bridges across incomprehension and chaos. But when they get their corners knocked off, they're no good anymore…I don't think writers are sacred, but words are. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

jacobsnchz14
Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#45Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 6/1/15 at 2:24pm

^No mention of Clarkson there though.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#46Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 6/1/15 at 2:35pm

""Y'all are throwing praise @ Fun Home but SR! isn't doing a medley either. So blinded. "

I think having an 11-year-old perform a solo song is vastly different than a giant, very splashy production number. "

We weren't talking about content of performances... we were talking about medley vs. one song. If we're talking about content, then sure: I'd hand that kid the Tony if I could. But we were not. 

ucjrdude902
#47Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 6/1/15 at 10:36pm

I believe Clarkson is still being worked out and will be the "surprise."

gstrus2 Profile Photo
gstrus2
#48Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 6/3/15 at 10:08am

Jersey Boys is performing to celebrate their 10 year anniversary. 

RaiseYouUp Profile Photo
RaiseYouUp
#49Line-Up of Tony Performances 2015
Posted: 6/3/15 at 10:25am

All these medleys really are super annoying. They are way less enjoyable than a single song. In fact, one of the reason I disliked Jersey Boys as a musical was that there were too many medleys and not enough single songs.