^ Word.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#51WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/4/15 at 12:05am

"lmfaoooo"

Now wtf does that mean?

What is it with you that all your childish sentences end with ooooooooooo or eeeeeeeeee or whatever ?

At least sue, God rest her soul , gave us very spirited 'discussions' on many and varied subjects.

Your ego must drive your fellow students well away so to balance that you creat imaginary 'friends' on cyber space.

I applaud your love/passion and interest in musical theatre but do us all a favour and THINK next time before you type another fvuking word.

PS...Now please tell me how I should behave....only fair.

asmith0307
#52WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/4/15 at 12:19am

"lol no they read my posts for information.
We can't really compare Honeymoon with On the Town since Honeymoon in Vegas didn't make it until tony noms, but if it did, they would have gotten a best musical nomination"

You say that if the show had lasted a few more weeks, then it would have gotten a nomination (any nomination let alone a Best Musical nomination). Yet, The Last Ship, which closed MONTHS before Honeymoon did in fact get two nominations (and in categories that usually include Jason Robert Brown). I'm not saying Honeymoon was a bad show - I sadly did not get the chance to see it - but your logic is slightly flawed. 

Updated On: 7/4/15 at 12:19 AM

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#53WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/4/15 at 8:58am

It's delusion reaches "performance art" levels of trolling.

....but the world goes 'round

Mattbrain
#54WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/4/15 at 9:18am

*siiiiiiiigh* I'm gonna break my posting embargo just to ask.....why is this child still allowed access to a keyboard?

Butters, go buy World of Warcraft, install it on your computer, and join the online sensation before we all murder you. --Cartman: South Park ATTENTION FANS: I will be played by James Barbour in the upcoming musical, "BroadwayWorld: The Musical."

Jayar2 Profile Photo
Jayar2
#55WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 2:38am

I know this isn't exactly the perfect topic for my question, but can someone tell me who the actress is in the purplish costume on the far right?  http://www.justjared.com/photo-gallery/3320994/vanessa-hudgens-annasophia-robb-enjoy-a-night-on-the-town-03/

I LOVED her in On the Town, and I cannot make the leap from performer to bio in my Playbill.

getatme
#56WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 3:06am

That's Eloise Kropp.

Jayar2 Profile Photo
Jayar2
#57WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 3:15am

"That's Eloise Kropp."

Thank you!!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#58WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 7:36am

I hope the business picks up for this show. It has a stellar cast. Amazing dance. It's funny. I have seen it numerous times and I hope others will do the same. A special production.

In fact I would say it is on my top ten list of all shows. If you love dance go and see it!

You might get carried away!!!!

Up In One Profile Photo
Up In One
#59WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 8:42am

I think dance is the issue with OTT, friends and I caught up with it last week and all but one found it an hour longer than it needed to be. What could have been a taught crowd pleasing  hour and half or hour and 45 minute one act show seemed unnecessarily stretched out by extended dance numbers and unnecessary reprises. The dance too was of a dated style not many of us appreciate any longer. Watching chorus members mugging didn't help. It all felt very much a museum piece that was done very well but way too exaggerated to be funny or real for a modern audience. Overheard  a tourist in the lobby saying "It's no 42nd Street but it's cute." Our friend the dance connisour was over the moon and not happy with us who lost our patience with the show 30 minutes in. Three in the group cut out at intermission and met up with us afterwards for coffee. My opinion? Meh. There have been many revivals of better material done much better but it was well done. Loved the sound from the orchestra. I'm wary of sitting through An American In Paris now after my reaction to the volume of dance in OTT.

Up In One

followspot Profile Photo
followspot
Scarywarhol Profile Photo
Scarywarhol
#61WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 11:21am

Updated On: 7/5/15 at 11:21 AM

SantanaLopez Profile Photo
SantanaLopez
#62WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 11:33am

"The show's nut is not significantly different than what was announced by the lead producer. Math is your friend. "

WANKY!

Wanky!

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#63WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 11:45am

As a dance person I was like your friend. I would add more dance and remove the silly banter with subway riders. That bra company banter could be cut. More dance please.

THe dream ballet in Act 2 was worth the price of admission for me. Megan Fairchild and Tony Yazbeck do an incredible job. I have seen it 7 times. It is breathtaking dance.

Updated On: 7/5/15 at 11:45 AM

MayAudraBlessYou2 Profile Photo
MayAudraBlessYou2
#64WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 12:00pm

similar to GreasedLightning, I too had heard of a different holiday show going in. I know the landlords were looking at several options for the christmas season, but i was under the impression that negotiations for A Christmas Carol fell through, and that production found a different theatre. Id be happy to be wrong though, I'm a sucker for a good production of A Christmas Carol, and given the talent involved (and limited holiday run), they would actually be able to fill the house. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#65WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 12:09pm

what show did you hear?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#66WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 1:01pm

I'm sure your friends in the biz could tell you, philly. 

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#67WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 1:21pm

I'm sure they will!! 

omg 55 people in the original production?? Isn't that a bit TOO many people on stage?

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

adam.peterson44 Profile Photo
adam.peterson44
#68WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/5/15 at 4:33pm

Jayar2,

Here's a clip that Goodspeed Musicals posted on their own youtube page of an excerpt from their Carousel 2nd-act ballet featuring Eloise Kropp as Louise Bigelow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kz77j-tPA6Y

Unfortunately, this clip doesn't capture the most breathtaking moments of the ballet, but the overall dance was beautifully choreographed and danced, with a heart-wrenching ending that has moved me more than any other version of the Carousel Ballet that i have seen.  I really wish that the performance had been preserved or moved to Broadway.

neonlightsxo
#69WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/6/15 at 9:17am

"As a dance person I was like your friend. " WTF is this English?

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#70WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/6/15 at 10:02am

I just love how everybody here is an insider in to what the finances are for this show, we actually have no idea as to what it's running costs are now. Also the show is watched by a lot of people, in a smaller house on Broadway this would be selling out, the theatre is killing it.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

neonlightsxo
#71WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/6/15 at 10:03am

As I said before, we actually do know the running costs, as they were reported in the New York Times.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#72WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/6/15 at 10:53am

and as i said before, even if we didn't know the nut, it would not take insider info to get very close to the correct number by just doing the math. 

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#73WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 9:33pm

I had a thought the other day, and it may not have anything to do with this- but Jackie Hoffman is doing Once Upon a Mattress for the Transport Group in the winter. Do you think that will impact On the Town at all, or will it have closed by then?

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#74WHAT IS ON THE TOWN DOING?
Posted: 7/9/15 at 9:38pm

I can't wait to see it again with Misty Copeland.