pixeltracker

SHE LOVES ME: Roundabout's 2015 B'way Revival- Page 6

SHE LOVES ME: Roundabout's 2015 B'way Revival

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#125SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 9/14/15 at 5:54pm

Timmer said: "I love "She Loves Me" -- but they keep reviving the same shows over and over.  Didn't they do this one a few years ago?

No. They did a one night only concert about three years ago. The last Broadway revival of She Loves Me opened 22 years ago. 

It's time for a revival.

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

gimlet2
#126SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 11:36am

Roundabout's production has shifted 2 weeks (previews now start Feb 19, opens Mar 17, ends Jun 4).

James2 Profile Photo
James2
#127SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 11:44am

I think the show has changed it dates.  The calendar now has the first preview as Feb. 19, opening night as Mar. 17, and the closing as June 4.

My avatar = A screencap from Avatar, arguably the greatest animated show of all

#128SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 11:50am

Yup, what James2 said. Got an email from Roundabout changing my tickets due to the preview date change. 

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#129SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 11:52am

Got the email as well. It's nice that they accomodated the access 10 buyers. 

Updated On: 10/23/15 at 11:52 AM

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#130SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 2:46pm

They moved my tickets to JUNE 4TH.

I mean, I appreciate that they automatically rescheduled, and probably were trying to maintain the exact seats, but really? June 4th?

Going to give them a call this weekend; hopefully they can move, because I had planned to see it February 6. Not really wanting to wait an extra 4 months.

laural
#131SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 3:02pm

I called and they were able to move my tickets back to previews with similar, but not exact seats.

On the other hand, June 4th is right before the Tony's and it might be interesting to see it then too.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#132SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 3:11pm

Interesting.

Anyone know why they bumped the dates?
Updated On: 10/23/15 at 03:11 PM

HighFlyingAdored97 Profile Photo
HighFlyingAdored97
#133SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 3:37pm

My seats for February 13th got switched to May 28th.... I guess it'll be nice to see the show right before the Tonys.

"The city seen from the Queensboro Bridge is always the city seen for the first time, in its first wild promise of all the mystery and the beauty in the world." - F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

nasty_khakis
#134SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 4:03pm

I got moved to the same ACCESS10 seat exactly two weeks later. Interesting.

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#135SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 4:42pm

Me too. I imagine those seats two weeks later were still unsold.

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#136SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 4:56pm

Wow, that's a big difference! June 4th is supposed to be the final performance, which might actually be a fun one to attend (although of course I understand you were planning and hoping to see it four months earlier).

veronicamae said: "They moved my tickets to JUNE 4TH.

I mean, I appreciate that they automatically rescheduled, and probably were trying to maintain the exact seats, but really? June 4th?

"

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#137SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/23/15 at 6:47pm

^It's June 5th!

theatreguy12
#138SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/25/15 at 12:30pm

I have never seen this musical but have heard amazing things about it. I've even heard some refer to it as "the perfect musical."  This doesn't surprise me because it's one of the few Broadway recordings I have for a show I haven't seen, and I love it.  Every song.

I'm in NYC again this upcoming spring and want to see it.  I have a couple of friends who might be joining me and if they go, they want to see it too.  I still have to wait for their confirmation with regard to work schedules.

I know it's hard to say at this point, but will it be a hard ticket to get if I wait to make the purchase do you think?  If I was flying solo on this trip I would make the purchase now.  Just to have it.

Being that it's such a highly thought of musical, and add to that a stellar cast….wow!  This has all the makings of a hit. I don't want to miss it.

VintageSnarker
#139SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/25/15 at 12:37pm

I'm kind of irritated because I got a ticket for what used to be the last performance and is now just an matinee where I'm taking off from work for no reason. I'm not sure what the work around is here. 

aj88
#140SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/25/15 at 5:09pm

I had already bought two tickets for the 19th so it looks like I am officially seeing the first preview. 

I've only ever done that once so it should be interesting. Usually I like to wait a couple of weeks into previews before seeing something.

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#141SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/25/15 at 5:53pm

VintageSnarker said: "I'm kind of irritated because I got a ticket for what used to be the last performance and is now just an matinee where I'm taking off from work for no reason. I'm not sure what the work around is here. 

"

What if the show sold well and extended? You can never truly buy a "final performance" ticket to a limited run until the date is closer. Even "strictly limited engagements" get extended these days. Look at Spring Awakening. 

NYfanfromCA Profile Photo
NYfanfromCA
#142SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/25/15 at 6:34pm

This show is now on my must see list!  I will be in NYC in May and am looking online for seats.  Do you think Orchestra Row C is too close to the stage at this theater?  The seat is $147 plus the usual fees.  Do you have a recommendation on where to sit since I am paying full price?

jayinchelsea Profile Photo
jayinchelsea
#143SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/25/15 at 8:14pm

Just as wonderful a musical as anyone could wish for. The original cast, led by Barbara Cook and Daniel Massey, was perfection; you can hear much of it on the OCR, which was one of the first to be released on a double album, and deservedly so (oh if only FOLLIES had been so lucky, but I digress). Have seen the show a number of time since then; one of my favorite productions was at Williamstown Theatre Festival, where Brooks Ashmankas and Kate Baldwin was as touching, funny and charming as could be, and Baldwin sang wonderfully. Even saw this in Paris in French, which I really don't speak, but I know the show well enough to follow very well.

Can't wait for this production!

OlBlueEyes Profile Photo
OlBlueEyes
#144SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/25/15 at 10:28pm

LimelightMike said: "Interesting.
Anyone know why they bumped the dates?

Roundabout often uses the same theater for two of its limited run productions for a season. She Loves Me will play at Studio 54. Right now Thérèse Raquin is playing Studio 54 with tickets on sale through early January. Perhaps they have decided to extend that show or want to leave themselves the flexibility of later deciding to extend it.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#145SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/26/15 at 1:29am

Off topic: I saw and chatted with Laura Benanti at Kansas City Choir Boy, here in LA (show was a complete disaster) she is friends with the Todd guy. She is really nice and easy to talk to. Love her.

VintageSnarker
#146SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 10/26/15 at 2:42pm

"What if the show sold well and extended? You can never truly buy a "final performance" ticket to a limited run until the date is closer. Even "strictly limited engagements" get extended these days. Look at Spring Awakening."

Hindsight. But at the time I'd assumed that with so many big names (in my mind) attached they would have to stick to a strictly limited engagement because the actors would have other commitments.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#147SHE LOVES ME Casting
Posted: 11/3/15 at 10:15pm

I just found out that I won Roundabout's sweepstakes for passes to this week's sneak peek performance at 54 Below! I've never won anything like this!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com