pixeltracker

Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?- Page 2

Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?

musicaljen Profile Photo
musicaljen
#25Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 10:15am

Cinderella could have been a potential draw. But Wicked would definitely bring the best ratings.

musicaljen Profile Photo
musicaljen
#26Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 10:15am

Cinderella could have been a potential draw. But Wicked would definitely bring the best ratings.

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#27Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 10:31am

Matthew Broderick did a tv movie too of The Music Man with Kristen Chenowith more than great as Marian, But MB's Harold not so great. I did see Craig Beirko too and thought he was really high energy, (Robert Preston on a few Red Bulls) , but I admit, he was good. I just don't see either WSS or MM drawing audiences. The movies are just too perfect. 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#28Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 10:54am

My vote is ONCE ON THIS ISLAND. 

Ravishing score. Heartbreaking story. Doesn't depend on huge sets and costumes. Could use major pop-stars in all sorts of roles. (Jennifer Hudson as Asaka, anyone?) And I've been dying to see a well-cast professional production my whole life. 

Also I'm told every high school kid knows the show 'cause it's a staple in middle school and high school theater departments. Is that true?

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#29Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 11:00am

"Also I'm told every high school kid knows the show 'cause it's a staple in middle school and high school theater departments. Is that true?"

Yup! More so middle school. Eight middle schools did it in Oregon (each within twenty five miles of each other!) one year a few years back, and I almost directed it at my high school for my senior project awhile back.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."
Updated On: 9/4/15 at 11:00 AM

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#30Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 11:22am

Bye Bye Birdie. You can cast names in pretty much every role.

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

MrsSallyAdams Profile Photo
MrsSallyAdams
#31Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 11:37am

I'm not sure what criteria the studio execs are using but here are some possible categories.

Shows with a Children's Chorus

• Annie
  • Christmas Story
  • King and I
  • Oliver
  • You're a Good Man Charlie Brown

Shows with a "Teen" chorus

• Babes in Arms (if we want to go real retro)
  • Bye Bye Birdie
  • Hairspray
  • Music Man
  • West Side Story

Classic Shows with roles for "Stars"

• Annie Get Your Gun 
  • Camelot
  • Cinderella
  • Fiddler on the Roof
  • Guys and Dolls (My personal pick)
  • Hello Dolly
  • Mame
  • Man of La Mancha
  • My Fair Lady
  • Once Upon a Mattress

threepanelmusicals.blogspot.com
Updated On: 9/4/15 at 11:37 AM

Tom5
#32Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 11:53am

The Musical I nominated before, which I think was to the same question, was  PAJAMA GAME. It would also have particular relevance to the current fight for raising the minimum wage for fast food workers. But whichever musical is chosen I hope the lead(s) will be cast on merit and not chosen because they are on a TV series on the same network.

Charley Kringas Inc Profile Photo
Charley Kringas Inc
#33Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 12:08pm

Annie 2: Miss Hannigan's Revenge

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#34Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 2:06pm

"How to Succeed..." would be my pick. They could load it up with recognizable character actors for the "authority"/older roles, and have their pick of any number of well-known or buzzy younger singer/actors for J.P., Rosemary, Bud, etc. Plus the movie, while charming, is missing a whole lot of the score. (And it's fairly family friendly due to its age, despite some adult themes.)

Could also be confined to a few larger sets (luncheonette, office pool, etc.) plus some smaller ones. 

Updated On: 9/4/15 at 02:06 PM

SundayInThePark2 Profile Photo
SundayInThePark2
#35Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 2:32pm

Awesome ideas! I didn't think too much about Guys and Dolls and Bye Bye Birdie particularly, but I think those would be fun to see live. Plus, there is a large ensemble for BBB (so more people could potentially audition for it). I agree with Oliver! being a little more mature than what these networks would typically go for. Although it is a wonderful show. 

Side note: I heard about a possible film version of Guys and Dolls with Henry Cavill as Sky Masterson, James Marsden as Nathan Detroit, Idina Menzel as Miss Adelaide... And I forget who was in talks for Sarah Brown.

Updated On: 9/4/15 at 02:32 PM

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#36Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/4/15 at 3:11pm

Oh, I'd love Guys & Dolls - that would be perfect. 

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Danster
#37Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 6:32am

We really need to be realistic here. Its not what we wish, but what rights they are able to obtain. I don't think that The Music Man is out of the woods, as I recall reading that NBC was going to do both The Wiz and The Music Man, but for some reason they decided to go with the Wiz first. That being said there is a chance that if The Wiz fails to bring in good ratings, next season wont be renewed. Television shows are cancelled all the time. As stated before I do not believe that both The Music Man and The Wiz will get them the ratings they got for the Sound of Music, but its a matter of waiting.

Having Cameron Mackintosh bringing Oliver to the big screen and same with Disneys Beauty and the Beast, those are two musicals we will never see in our living room, at least for another decade.

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#38Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 8:42am

Guys and Dolls gets my vote.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#39Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 1:40pm

My top vote is something has never had a movie adaption or television adaption.

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#40Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 2:10pm

There's been rumblings of YANKEES at some point, too.

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#41Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 2:28pm

I'd like to see ABC do a Network All-Stars production of "Guys and Dolls," with Eric Stonestreet and Jesse Tyler Ferguson as Nicely and Benny, Anthony Anderson as Nathan Detroit and Neil Flynn as Arvide Abernathy.

mikey2573
#42Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 2:30pm

I will once again voice my support for A CHRISTMAS STORY: The Musical.  It is an absolute no-brainer.

And while we are on the subject of Christmas musicals, I wish someone would bring "Amahl and the Night Visitors" back to TV.  I know it is an opera, but still.  It used to be a TV tradition.  And Audra has expressed interest in playing Amahl's mother. 

SundayInThePark2 Profile Photo
SundayInThePark2
#43Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 2:52pm

A Christmas Story has a fantastic score! I love it a lot. Also, White Christmas (I forget who suggested it) and Guys and Dolls. I agree with  JoseLee_ to the extent of doing something that hasn't been adapted millions of times, so obviously Annie or something like that wouldn't work. Annie Get Your Gun or something classic would be interesting to me.

Showface
#44Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 3:00pm

I would LOVE a Halloween broadcast of Little Shop of Horrors!

And I would LOVE a December broadcast of Annie Get Your Gun starring Kelly Clarkson!

Or Guys and Dolls 

For LSOH and Guys and Dolls, they can cast big names in the roles, and LSOH is pretty big itself without huge stars anyway, but they can cast a decent name for "Seymour" and Megan Hilty for Audrey. 

Hilty would also play a really good Adelaide too...

Starship
#45Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 3:28pm

NBC optioned both The Music Man and The Wiz. I remember reading somewhere that ultimately what came down to which came first was casting. I'm more than sure The Music Man will come next year, and since it's already in place, they'll have more time to secure the lead(s) for it.

Also:

"It was previously reported in May 2014 that NBC had obtained the rights for Meredith Wilson's 1957 classic The Music Man. Executives there have already begun considering high-profile casting for the event and pre-production is scheduled to begin in the next several months.

Greenblatt just revealed during a Jan. 16 Television Critics Association Winter Press Tour in Pasadena, that NBC has also optioned rights for the Tony Award-winning 1975 musical The Wiz. 

Playbill.com has learned that both shows are officially on the docket for production, but executives are currently deciding which musical will be produced first.

Will It Be The Wiz or The Music Man First? NBC Lines Up Two Musicals for Live Broadcast - See more at:

Updated On: 9/5/15 at 03:28 PM

firebolts Profile Photo
firebolts
#46Which Musical would you love to see NBC or FOX do live next?
Posted: 9/5/15 at 11:05pm

"High-profile casting." D: D: D: D:

Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

NewsiesForever Profile Photo
NewsiesForever
NewsiesForever
NewsiesForever