Kristin Chenoweth Tour

Melissa25 Profile Photo
Melissa25
#25Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 9/11/15 at 6:40am

I am going to wait because some Tilles subscribers will opt out and those tickets will show up later on Ticketmaster.

tombomb31
#26Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 9/17/15 at 2:18pm

Is the set list posted anywhere? I'm seeing her in ATL tomorrow and am really hoping she sings "Evil Like Me"! 

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#27Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 9/18/15 at 9:48am

We went to see Kristin Chenoweth perform last Friday night (9/11) in Morristown, NJ. About midway through the concert, she began to talk about the events that had taken place 14 years ago. (Morristown is close enough to NYC that no doubt many in the audience had either lost a family member or friend that day or at least knew someone who had perished.) She talked about her two sisters and a cousin who had all entered the military, the cousin having served three tours in Afghanistan. She recalled that on the day that her cousin had gotten on a plane at the start of his last tour, he said to her: "I can't tell you where I'm going, but I want you to know that I'm doing what I want to do." She then went on to describe how her mind went immediately to her favorite cast album and a particular song from that album, at which time she performed the most breathtaking rendition of "Bring Him Home" you can imagine. (It was the first time I'd ever heard it performed by a female.) When she finished, the audience rose as one and gave her a prolonged and well deserved standing ovation. After a minute or so, it was clear that she was crying on stage. It was, truly, "a moment."

Her entire concert was brilliant. She is an amazing performer.  

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

junglered Profile Photo
junglered
#28Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 9/18/15 at 3:42pm

Looking forward to seeing Kristin tonight!!

Disneydude71
#29Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 10/20/15 at 7:56pm

This may be a stupid question, but does Kristin Chenoweth stage door on tour?

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#30Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 10/20/15 at 8:15pm

Pretty sure it depends on the venue. I don't see why someone wouldn't sign something if you were at the stage door. The only times when they don't, is when they have security who say "no pictures, no autographs , sorry" *cough, cough* Audra McDonald, Angela Lansbury, Cecily Tyson, & Vanessa Williams. I really want to meet her after her LA show, but I have no idea where the stage door is at in the Walt Disney Concert Hall.

ArtMan
#31Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 12:35am

Well, her concert was in Jacksonville last night.  What was advertised as Kristin with our Children's Chorus ended up being our Children's Chorus with Kristin.  The chorus opened the show (without her) and performed for well over a hour.   (It seemed longer)  Then intermission.  Kristin finally came out and did 13 songs.  Which according to the last published setlist was six songs short.  If I hadn't know the previous setlist then it wouldn't bother me.  I didn't feel like I got a full show.  Thank goodness I bought the cheapest ticket.  What a disappointment.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#32Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 2:30am

So sorry to hear that. Maybe she wasn't feeling well, but still wanted to perform at least some of the show? 

AngelEyez
#33Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 11:35am

That's too bad that the choir took up so much time. What songs did she sing (or skip)?

I know she changes up the set list from venue to venue. I saw her perform twice this tour and the 2nd time she performed fewer songs. That was in Rochester and one of her OTTC castmates performed a solo because she went to school there. 

ArtMan
#34Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 11:55am

AngelEyez, If I compare the last published setlist.  The songs are Dance Ten,Looks Three, Little Sparrow, Upon This Rock, When Somebody Loves Me, All The Things You Are And The Heart Of The Matter.  The last is a Don Henley cover which I can see being substituted.  At least three of these have been consistent for her set.  If she is usually doing 19 songs and only did 13 that is quite a bit to omit.

ArtMan
#35Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 11:55am

double post

Updated On: 11/15/15 at 11:55 AM

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#36Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 12:19pm

Sorry to hear that. ):

I know she's been tweeting about not getting enough sleep and such and she's really great at keeping her fans informed on when she's not feeling well, but I looked through her Twitter and didn't see anything about that particular performance.

She says she's on her way to DC, but that isn't a tour stop.  Anyone know what she's doing?

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#37Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 12:28pm

Is it possible that the venue you went to made it impossible for her to perform everything? Like in NJ, the kids choir for that venue came out closer to the end of the show and were only there for like 1 or 2. I agree that an hour seems like a lot if they were not supposed to be the main attraction. Like maybe the people at the venue insisted that the show had to be over by a certain time. Granted, I obviously don't know anything. 

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

_IrisTInkerbell Profile Photo
_IrisTInkerbell
#38Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 12:54pm

Sorry that you were disappointed but the 19-song set list was quite the exception but what I can tell. Most her concert were one act, no intermission and probably around 15 songs (the most recent one I saw was Chicago, NJ before that). She only did When Somebody Loves Me at the first few concerts (sadly, because I love it), The Heart of the Matter only once. She does usually do. So really, you only got 2 songs less than most shows, but your overall concert was a whole hour longer because of the choir concert. I didn't realize the choir would sing a whole act when I read about this show, but it was specially advertised I guess (as compared to her other shows where a small local choir only does backup). Reminds me of the Tanglewood show with the Boston Pops, where they played Act 1 and Kristin did Act 2, but I believe we only got 9 or 10 songs there, which felt very short.

ArtMan
#39Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 1:00pm

Marianne2,  The chorus came out at the end and joined her for the last two songs, I Was Here and Smile.  The show ended at 10:20.  We do have some crazy rules here in Jacksonville, but shows at this venue have gone on close to 11:00 p.m.  In reality, the chorus performed longer than she did.  It wasn't just children,but college age and adults.  It was a little too much.  However, the kids, appoximately 200 or more got to fill up the empty seats and watch her show.  This show did not sell well here in Jax.

ArtMan
#40Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 1:05pm

Thanks Iris for the info. Knowing that makes me feel alot better.  You are correct her set was performed without an intermission.  I guess the only song I would have liked to hear was Dance 10 Looks 3.  It just made it a longer night with the long first half.   A handful of songs by the chorus would have been pleasant.  But a hour and ten minutes was a little too much.   I thought I would be home by 10.

ArtMan
#40Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 1:05pm

Double post

Updated On: 11/15/15 at 01:05 PM

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#41Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 1:24pm

That probably would have driven me crazy too if I was not really interested in the performers before Kristin Chenoweth. 

If it makes you feel any better, my college had the Black Eyed Peas come for a concert. I don't even remember who was opening. But, they performed longer than the Black Eyed Peas. I think they performed like 5 songs and that was it. Was glad to have gotten a special discount for students for that one.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#42Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 2:10pm

promisespromises2 said: "Sorry to hear that. ):

I know she's been tweeting about not getting enough sleep and such and she's really great at keeping her fans informed on when she's not feeling well, but I looked through her Twitter and didn't see anything about that particular performance.

She says she's on her way to DC, but that isn't a tour stop.  Anyone know what she's doing?"

She's hosting a Broadway at the White House Thanksgiving special w/ Matt Morrison.

promisespromises2 Profile Photo
promisespromises2
#43Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 11/15/15 at 5:34pm

Thank you!  I read about that but it completely skipped my mind.

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#44Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 2/1/16 at 8:40am

Saw her last night in Charlotte.

Wow - what a concert. I had such a great time. She packs so much stage presence into that tiny little body! She was clearly not feeling her best, and she sounded like she was holding back a bit for the first few numbers, but as the show went on, she got stronger and stronger. Her voice is entrancing.

She spoke a bit about the tragic events at Sandy Hook and San Bernandino, and lightened the mood with a very funny "eulogy" for the Pillsbury Dough Boy, who she claimed passed away the other day. She also made Trump jokes (she sang Popular about him), and talked about the Carolina Panthers at the Superbowl, which the Charlotte audience went absolutely wild for.

She is so funny, and very engaging with her audience. She invited a teenage girl on stage with her to duet For Good. 

I can't recall her full setlist, it wasn't in the program, but some that I can remember are:

Little Sparrow

Taylor the Latte Boy

I Could Have Danced All Night

For Good

Bring Him Home (This one moved me to tears)

Popular

Dance Ten Looks Three

Absolutely loved the show. I was fortunate enough to see her at the stage door after the show, she was very sweet to everyone and signed my Wicked Grimmerie. I would definitely see this concert if it comes anywhere near you.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#45Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 2/1/16 at 10:25am

Did she pose for pictures? Last time I saw her she would only sign of things. Seeing her on the 13th in Louisville. She was a last minute replace my for the late Natalie Cole. 

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#46Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 2/1/16 at 10:25am

Did she pose for pictures? Last time I saw her she would only sign of things. Seeing her on the 13th in Louisville. She was a last minute replace my for the late Natalie Cole. 

DallasS Profile Photo
DallasS
#47Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 2/1/16 at 11:52am

I was also at the Charlotte show last night, and it was obvious she wasn't feeling well, I was kinda worried when she missed a couple of the notes in Should I Be Sweet, Maybe this Time, and Taylor the Latte Boy, the first three songs, but after that, she kept drinking water (from a Bojangles cup, made great jokes about that lol) and her voice seemed to return to pure perfection, the rest of the show was spot on.....and I honestly loved it even more than Idina's world tour that I went to last summer, and I consider myself a bigger Idina fan...

She was super sweet at the stage door, but no, no posed pictures...there was like 100 people gathered at least waiting on her, it took her about 45-50 minutes to come out, but she did the whole line and signed whatever you had. Couldn't have asked for her to be any nicer :)

PM me if you're interested in purchasing or trading signed playbills! I have a large collection! :)

yankeefan7 Profile Photo
yankeefan7
#48Kristin Chenoweth Tour
Posted: 2/1/16 at 12:00pm

I was also at the Charlotte show last night, and it was obvious she wasn't feeling well, I was kinda worried when she missed a couple of the notes in Should I Be Sweet, Maybe this Time, and Taylor the Latte Boy, the first three songs, but after that, she kept drinking water (from a Bojangles cup, made great jokes about that lol) and her voice seemed to return to pure perfection, the rest of the show was spot on.....and I honestly loved it even more than Idina's world tour that I went to last summer, and I consider myself a bigger Idina fan...

She was super sweet at the stage door, but no, no posed pictures...there was like 100 people gathered at least waiting on her, it took her about 45-50 minutes to come out, but she did the whole line and signed whatever you had. Couldn't have asked for her to be any nicer :)"

Sounds great. Nice to know there are some other people from Charlotte NC on this board besides me - lol