pixeltracker

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording "First Listen"- Page 3

Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording "First Listen"

FindingNamo
#50Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:20pm

Got a chance to continue listening to this while I had to leave the office to deliver something on deadline.  Walking back I had to stop and compose myself after the one-two punch of "Helpless" and "Satisfied."  I'm so emotional, baby.

Twitter @NamoInExile Instagram none

serene_embers
#51Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:25pm

Helpless and Satisfied are the first songs that got me. Emotional mess.

lite2shine Profile Photo
lite2shine
#52Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:44pm

FindingNamo said: "Got a chance to continue listening to this while I had to leave the office to deliver something on deadline.  

"

Did you listen to it via NPR app? Could you listen to Act 2 too?

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#53Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:45pm

So...um...wow.

Just wow.

I really like it.  It sounds very "clean" to me...and that's not necessarily a bad thing.  It's a chance to really hear the lyrics and analyze them.  I found the orchestrations to be very well done and more distinct then they sounded in the theater.  They're just as good as the lyrics.  There's a great combination of the orchestra, stylistic rap elements, and verbal percussion.  Bravo to Alex Lacamoire for that.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#54Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 4:50pm

I just got home from work to this wonderful news. I can't wait to sit and concentrate. What a gift to us all!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

rcwr Profile Photo
rcwr
#55Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 5:02pm

It's 

so

so

good.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#56Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 5:05pm

I laugh at myself shaking my head listening to this. "he got flow".. or whatever they say ahahaha. It's so good. I haven't felt like this since Kinky Boots came out. I'm more excited for this though.

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#57Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 5:51pm

As I listen I pick up a few references here and there and wonder how many other references I'm missing.

Jimbo2 Profile Photo
Jimbo2
#58Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 6:14pm

I think I've listened to "The Schuyler Sisters" about a dozen times already!

"If we don't wake up and shake the nation, we'll eat the dust of the world, wondering why...why?"

LightsOut90
#59Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 6:17pm

anyone hear any rumblings of a Barnes & Noble event?

ebontoyan
#60Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 7:33pm

Love love the cast recording! And just in time I am watching the show on 9/26!! Btw I love to listen to cast recordings before I go see a show ("to prep"Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording  It enhances my enjoyment when I go see it!

Updated On: 9/21/15 at 07:33 PM

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#61Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 8:04pm

I only like the end of "The Room Where It Happens". I love "The Schuyler Sisters" & "Satisfied" <3

ChiTheaterFan
#62Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 8:17pm

CATSNYrevival said: "As I listen I pick up a few references here and there and wonder how many other references I'm missing."

I missed the scottish play reference all three times I saw it, although the third time I caught McDuff and Banquo (probably because I had just been to sleep no more the night before and had been reading up on it...)

asmith0307
#63Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 8:42pm

Does anyone know where the DMX "Up in Here" reference is? I missed it when I saw the show in August, and I think I missed it again when I was listening to it today. 

Phantom4ever
#64Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 8:55pm

I am directing IN THE HEIGHTS at my high school this fall and I played a few songs from HAMILTON for my seniors in homeroom today and they loooooooved it. 

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#65Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 9:07pm

Absolutely amazing! As a huge HEIGHTS fan it's great to hear another perhaps more polished score from LMM. Love the voices of the cast too.

As others have said "Schuyler Sisters" and the "Helpless"/"Satisfied" sequence are the highlights on disc for me, they've been on repeat practically. When can the tour get going?????

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Phantom4ever
#66Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 9:11pm

I do wonder how tour audiences will buy into the New York-centric lyrics.  Especially when G.W. says "you could be anywhere in the world but you chose to be here in New York City tonight"..........and you're in Bumbleweed, IA seeing the tour.  Womp, womp. 

loliveve Profile Photo
loliveve
#67Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 9:19pm

^  I think it's fine. From a history perspective, and theatre perspective, people know NYC is important.

(I'm from CA and it didn't phase me at all.)

ebontoyan
#68Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 9:22pm

As a season tix holder of Iowa theater, I will love it (already have tix to see the show on 9/26 and Jan 2016). And I think the other theater goers (season tix holders or not) will enjoy it. We are quite savvy over here, we get the previous year Tony Best Musical winners in the next year (if they tour)! And Hamilton has a pretty good chance to be that this season

Updated On: 9/21/15 at 09:22 PM

sorano916 Profile Photo
sorano916
#69Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 9:26pm

Anyone who's seen the show, did get the feeling of something missing between "Dear Theodosia" and "Non-Stop"? I mean, I always get touched by the scene/song that's between those two songs so yeah, there's something literally missing but the connection was also missing. ^^;;; I can't really put it into words.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#70Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 9:27pm

I don't think the NYC references would be an issue at all. It's based on real events that occurred in New York City.

Also specifically, that particular "you could have been anywhere in the world tonight" line is from a popular Jay-Z song so many people will pick up on that.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

E.Davis Profile Photo
E.Davis
#71Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 9:38pm

Like I said when the B-roll was released, I fell in love with "The Schuyler Sisters". Really digging "Burn" too.

"I think lying to children is really important, it sets them off on the right track" -Sherie Rene Scott-

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#72Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 10:09pm

The album sounds amazing and it's exciting to think that decades from now this recording will be iconic and legendary. I haven't had a chance to listen all the way through yet. Is every word/line from the show on the album? Curious to know if any cuts were made.

JoseLee_ Profile Photo
JoseLee_
#73Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 10:35pm

"Work, work, Angelicaaaaaa. Work, work, Elizaaaaaa and Penny. The Schuyler Sisters" I love that part but I can't stop laughing that Penny doesn't get to since her name like the rest. I can already tell who is Michelle. ahaha. Renee Elise Goldsberry sings all my favorite songs what a VOICE! By the end of this year I will be able to sing/rap these lyrics as fast as them :p I love the lyrics in "Satisfied". I'm obsessed with this show.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#74Lin shared complete Hamilton Recording
Posted: 9/21/15 at 10:47pm

Peggy, not Penny.

The only place where I've noticed a few cuts made is in the first act between Dear Theodosia and Non-Stop. I'd say 98-99% of the show is recorded.