pixeltracker

Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of Theater People!- Page 4

Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of Theater People!

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#75Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/18/16 at 11:37pm

A few things since my last post:

- Fosse, I can only speak for my former theater, but the problem with Nicki wasn't poor communication between box office manager and house manager. The box office is more than happy to tell people no. They're behind glass and anybody arguing with the employee behind the window just looks crazy. Once she has a ticket, it's a very delicate situation for a house manager. She's already inside the building. Other paying customers are around. She's old. She has luggage. She has to do something obvious, loud, and terrible for the theater not to look like the bad guy. By the time others patrons want her gone, it's already too late. We couldn't deny her if she had a ticket at the door, regardless of who paid for it. Nor were we really equipped to ban people from entering. Only Broadway shows have security.

- Matiss, I realize you're young. Maybe you've had a job, maybe you haven't. Would you invite someone who knowingly causes problems to your business and let a crazy woman berate your paying customers while a camera crew films it? I think not. Also, I would go on camera, but I refuse to give one second of my time to talk about this woman for free in a venue other than this message board. You'd have to pay me. Like a lot of money. We're talking Hamilton ticket money. The premium seats. And even then I'm not sure I'd do it. Because that's how horrible she was to me and the people I worked with when I used to work front of house.

- This is the end of my giving this woman any more thought. I just can't. I'll leave the rest to you. My fingers will not type another word. :)

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
Theater_Nerd Profile Photo
Theater_Nerd
#78Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/19/16 at 2:19pm

“Had an innovative student filmmaker approached me and said ‘We are making a film about a notoriously impossible and unpleasant theater-goer to help expose her as the ridiculous and somewhat sad character she is,’ you can rest assured I would have donated to that cause,” Mr. Hume said.

OUCH! angry

You Can Disagree Without Being Disagreeable

vitamins
#79Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/19/16 at 6:31pm

While I have not (yet) encountered Nicki, I am familiar with the older baling guy with very thick glasses, who also always carries a large Duane Reade bag. I have had to stand with actor friends before while he keeps talking, and talking, and talking to them. He's obviously got some issues, and I feel bad for speaking about him, but he also makes performers feel really uncomfortable. I know that some performers warn venues, who in turn warn house staff about stalkers, and he isn't exactly that, but he's still a nightmare to deal with. 

Dolly80
#80Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/19/16 at 7:38pm

More fool anyone that gives her a ticket for free.she sounds vile. Eating in her seat alone is incredibly rude to the cast and her fellow audience. Disgusting behaviour.

lunch
#81Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/21/16 at 5:33pm

SNAFU said: "I have a stage manager friend who had her in almost Every performance of his recent Off-Broadway show. She will sit in her seat and unpack a large meal and eat during the show. You see her doing this in the trailer.

-----

The scene in the trailer where is eating is her on a bus, not in a theater.  

I don't know her and it's possible that she does eat in the theater, and do worse things, but there is no scene of this in the trailer.

In any case, it doesn't seem like an interesting or worthwhile film.  

Updated On: 2/21/16 at 05:33 PM

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#82Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/21/16 at 10:29pm

Wait am I wrong but doesn't a documentary have to be organic? You can't set up scenes to film, can you? That's a hard sale of you can find anyone that willingly wants to be around her for more than 2 minutes.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#83Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/21/16 at 10:31pm

Oh, child...

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

AHLiebross Profile Photo
AHLiebross
#84Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/22/16 at 3:24am

A couple of comments: If this lady is falsely presenting herself as an Equity member to obtain free tickets, that is fraud. It would give theater  management  a legitimate reason not to let her in. Also, if she takes someone else's seat and refuses to move, that would be a basis to eject her.

It sounds like this lady has mental illness issues. If she becomes disruptive and the theatre has no security guards, it's probably time to call the police. Hopefully, they'd get in touch with the city's senior protective services agency - she sounds like she may be homeless, or otherwise at risk. Getting her help would solve the venue's problems at the same time. However, I realize it's hard to accomplish.

Audrey, the Phantom Phanatic, who nonetheless would rather be Jean Valjean, who knew how to make lemonade out of lemons.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#85Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/22/16 at 12:37pm

I think I had a run in with this woman in the standing room line at Book of Mormon when it first opened. A few days after the Tony noms came out. We had all been standing there for 3 hours. Counted out the people and those that knew they we're getting tickets stayed. She showed up about 1/2 hour befor the ticket window opened and "befriended" the girl who was first in line. She was acting like she didn't know what we we're standing there for and then before we knew it she had talked the girl into getting 2 tickets. She pulled out cash and gave it to her. We went ballistic on her. The poor guy at the end of the line, afte standing there for just under 3 hours lost his ticket spot. We kept telling the girl what she was doing was not fair but she did it anyway. When I got to the window I told the box office guy and he said If someone had come inside and told them, they would have only sold one ticket to that first girl in line. He said they don't tolerate things like that.

Just give the world Love.

Jayar2 Profile Photo
Jayar2
#86Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 2/22/16 at 1:28pm

I've been to a lot of shows and I have never run into this woman, and I am normally a crazy magnet. I now know that when I make my visit this weekend that somehow this woman is going to end up sitting next to me.  If you hear of a disturbance this weekend, you'll know that it was me because ain't nobody mess with my theater seein' #hairflip

Jordan Catalano
#87Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 3/19/16 at 1:49pm

According to their Facebook page, this disgusting project has reached its kickstarter goal. So this nasty horrible woman is one step closer to being sold to the public as a saint.

And I've yet to hear from one person I know who's heard back from the kid making it, about telling the REAL story of this demon. I guess his "I want to tell both sides" was complete B.S.

10086sunset
#88Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 3/21/16 at 12:28pm

I wonder if the director ever did speak to those who wanted to tell the other side of the story. 

Shame if this woman gets presented with a one sided story. 

10086sunset
#90Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/10/17 at 6:06pm

After just watching the trailer, the film seems like night and day from how it was first presented...

Kudos to the filmmaker for taking the feedback from this board and other sources...

VintageSnarker
#91Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/10/17 at 6:08pm

Well, it doesn't seem like they're presenting her as a saint. Though she's still getting into shows. I've seen her a handful of times during the year.

10086sunset
#92Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/10/17 at 6:10pm

Just went back and watched the first trailer...

Wow, what a difference...

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#93Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/10/17 at 6:15pm

Wow!  Kudos to the filmmaker for completely changing his angle on his documentary.   It's quite obvious the feedback from the NY community after the first trailer was released months ago definitely enlightened him to his chosen subject and he reaccessed what his documentary was really about.   

Jordan Catalano
#94Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/10/17 at 6:36pm

I had to sit next to her at an event I was attending a few months ago. She asked me if I go to the theater a lot and I just sort of said "I don't know" under my breath, hoping she'd ignore me. She responded "No you don't! I don't see you at anything! I'm at a show every night!" So I just said "Cool beans, dude"and shifted away from her. I can't f*cking stand that woman. 

BroadwayMomma
#95Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/10/17 at 6:43pm

I thoroughly enjoyed this whole thread.  

neonlightsxo
#96Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/11/17 at 8:48am

Jordan Catalano said: "I had to sit next to her at an event I was attending a few months ago. She asked me if I go to the theater a lot and I just sort of said "I don't know" under my breath, hoping she'd ignore me. She responded "No you don't! I don't see you at anything! I'm at a show every night!" So I just said "Cool beans, dude"and shifted away from her. I can't f*cking stand that woman. "

Ugh. As if she is the keeper of New York theater.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#97Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/11/17 at 8:52am

Those illustrations on the other side of the posted link are the purest kind of art!

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

boonanas
#98Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/11/17 at 9:04am

Curious... does she smell?  Dragging around bags of crap around the city and just looking homeless in general leads me to believe she smells.

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#99Finally! A Documentary About The WORST Kind Of People on the Planet!
Posted: 1/11/17 at 9:33am

The only smell coming off her is her sense of entitlement. But that lingers long after she has left the room.

Having experienced her over the years I really don't think I could watch the documentary. I am glad to see the slight narrative changes from the first trailer to the second.

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.
Updated On: 1/11/17 at 09:33 AM