pixeltracker

The Official TDF Thread- Page 123

The Official TDF Thread

SMiller3
#3050The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/6/22 at 12:08pm

Can anyone share the dates currently selling for Take Me Out and Hadestown?

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#3051The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/9/22 at 1:50pm

My seats for "Some Like It Hot" 11/8 were balcony row A, house right, higher up than I expected but still a good view! The show is staged downstage enough that you don't miss much, but a lot of visual gags probably read even better if seats are more center.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

DearTheodosia
#3052The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 12:15am

Brave Sir Robin2 said: "My seats for "Some Like It Hot" 11/8 were balcony row A, house right, higher up than I expected but still a good view! The show is staged downstage enough that you don't miss much, but a lot of visual gags probably read even better if seats are more center."

Were those seats you got as a member of TDF, or though TKTS? I was under the impression that you usually get better seats (than balcony) as a member, so I'm wondering if I should try to purchase a different way.

smidge2
#3053The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 12:46am

DearTheodosia said: "Brave Sir Robin2 said: "My seats for "Some Like It Hot" 11/8 were balcony row A, house right, higher up than I expected but still a good view! The show is staged downstage enough that you don't miss much, but a lot of visual gags probably read even better if seats are more center."

Were those seats you got as a member of TDF, or though TKTS? I was under the impression that you usually get better seats (than balcony) as a member, so I'm wondering if I should try to purchase a different way.
"

I also received balcony tonight through TDF membership so I would look elsewhere for better seating to this particular show.

Robstriker
#3054The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 1:14am

My Some Like it Hot seat last week was Orchestra Row O Thru TDF. So just depends i guess on the day and the draw.

the.hard.part Profile Photo
the.hard.part
#3055The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 7:46am

Re: Some like it Hot - it seems truly random. I went with 6 others (we each bought out own tickets) and 1 got balcony, 4 mezz, 2 orchestra.

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#3056The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 7:52am

My TDF seats for SLIH were row G front mezz, so it does appear to almost be random.

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

bfreak
#3057The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 7:57am

Topdog/Underdog on Wednesday matinee was Orchestra Center, Row E

Hairspray0901
#3058The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 8:41am

Re: SITH - I thought there was a TDF “rule” that you couldn’t be given seats of lesser value than the TDF price? How much is balcony going for regularly? That is why I didn’t think balcony was “allowed”.

bfreak
#3059The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 9:42am

Front Balcony is going for $79-$99 which would definitely still put the TDF price at a fairly significant discount from face value.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#3060The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 11:03am

DearTheodosia said: "Brave Sir Robin2 said: "My seats for "Some Like It Hot" 11/8 were balcony row A, house right, higher up than I expected but still a good view! The show is staged downstage enough that you don't miss much, but a lot of visual gags probably read even better if seats are more center."

"

Through TDF! Seems like it's helping fill in gaps across the whole theatre.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

chrishuyen
#3061The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 11:13am

the.hard.part said: "Re: Some like it Hot - it seems truly random. I went with 6 others (we each bought out own tickets) and 1 got balcony, 4 mezz, 2 orchestra."

I was under the impression that TDF was essentially allocated in order of last name, would that hold true with your friends?

broadwayben3
#3062The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 11:41am

What is on TDF now? Going the first full week in December and curious if anything is up!

shiaho
#3063The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 12:13pm

Hairspray0901 said: "Re: SITH - I thought there was a TDF “rule” that you couldn’t be given seats of lesser value than the TDF price? How much is balcony going for regularly? That is why I didn’t think balcony was “allowed”."

Not sure about this since I got a partial-view seat in orchestra last Friday. Definitely the worst seat I've gotten through TDF. I think the seat I got is usually sold as a Rush ticket ($30 value). 

JSquared2
#3064The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 12:25pm

broadwayben3 said: "What is on TDF now? Going the first full week in December and curious if anything is up!"

Just log in and look! 

What's with all of these "what's listed on TDF now?" posts?

JT2030 Profile Photo
JT2030
#3065The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 12:52pm

Most current offerings are through Thanksgiving week or so -- I'd check this time next week or so, I'm sure December weekdays will pop up, depending on how reviews go for some of the upcoming opening nights.

forfivemoreminutes
#3066The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 3:18pm

Has anyone seen A Strange Loop, The Piano Lesson, or Death of A Salesman recently through TDF? If so, where were your seats?

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3067The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 5:12pm

forfivemoreminutes said: "Has anyone seen A Strange Loop, The Piano Lesson, or Death of A Salesman recently through TDF? If so, where were your seats?"

A STRANGE LOOP can be wildly varying based on the performance. It's always Orch or Mezz, but I've gotten everywhere from last row center mezz, to front extreme left mezz, to extreme left orch, to mid-right orch. You may have better luck getting a good seat through rush, and for a slightly lower price.

The Piano Lesson, I was extreme house right - E22. Didn't miss anything on stage, and it had full view of the titular piano.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

brenway
#3068The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/10/22 at 5:45pm

My seat for SLIH last Saturday for the matinee was row J, Mezz (so the horrible overhang). It seemed like the whole row was TDF. The show was not sold out though, so the usher told us we could move down to Front Mezz prior to act one starting (didn't start until 2:15).

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#3069The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/12/22 at 4:26pm

Ohio State Murders, 2pm matinee today - Orchestra F, seats 104 & 105. Couldn't ask for better.

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#3070The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/12/22 at 7:24pm

Just picked up my tickets for SLIH this evening. Seats are in the balcony row F, but disappointed that they’re obstructed by that damned pole. 

Updated On: 11/12/22 at 07:24 PM

tresora
#3071The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 4:27pm

Can anybody share where their TDF seats for Into the Woods were? I've seen ITW on and off TDF and was curious. Thank you!

seussical93
#3072The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 4:35pm

saw Some Like it Hot last night and my tix were Orch row G on the far right. The box was right above us and kind of obstructed the top of stage left, but the show is staged in a way that we really didn’t miss much at all. Always love being up close so this was a real treat :)

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#3073The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/15/22 at 7:56pm

SOME LIKE IT HOT tonight got me Mezz G114

Not bad since I usually need an aisle seat and I also sat here for POTUS and Mockingbird. I just hope there’s not much ado above the stage since the view is cut off.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm

PipingHotPiccolo
#3074The Official TDF Thread
Posted: 11/16/22 at 12:27am

TBone said: "Just picked up my tickets for SLIH this evening. Seats are in the balcony row F, but disappointed that they’re obstructed by that damned pole."

Some Like it Hot--- extreme left Orchestra H. Kinda obstructed by the box overhang, but i didnt miss a thing.