pixeltracker

Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!- Page 4

Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!

Oak2
#75Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 11:56am

I agree that Playbill image looks very odd. Just looking at the Playbill and having no previous information about the show or what it's about, I would assume it's a horror or some kind of psycho-drama about someone going insane, or about a serial killer. Though it also doesn't help that I'm ingrained to seeing that exact shade of pink used for blood in a certain franchise I've been big into, which is a bit more personal. The font still seems more horror-ish, but regardless, that Playbill does not tell me this is a comedy.

Updated On: 8/25/16 at 11:56 AM

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#76Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 12:06pm

Looks like Mary Richards in the Minneapolis Little Theater production of the show...

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#77Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 12:31pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "It is a strange promotion image. Especially since the behind the scene shot they tweeted out showed her in costume (at least from what her skirt and shoes could indicate).

Nevertheless I'm excited to see what Leigh Silverman has up her sleeve.

"

Do you have a link to that image?

best12bars Profile Photo
best12bars
#78Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 12:37pm

I love the show and the music, and I think she's a good fit for this. It's a great role for a singer-dancer-actress.

My only concern is re-imagining a vehicle that is so closely associated with Bob Fosse. It's like taking the Bennett out of "A Chorus Line" or taking Robbins out of "West Side Story."

Good luck.

"Jaws is the Citizen Kane of movies."
blocked: logan2, Diamonds3, Hamilton22

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#79Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 12:39pm

ljay889 said: "IdinaBellFoster said: "It is a strange promotion image. Especially since the behind the scene shot they tweeted out showed her in costume (at least from what her skirt and shoes could indicate).

Nevertheless I'm excited to see what Leigh Silverman has up her sleeve.

Do you have a link to that image?"

I got it from The New Group's twitter page!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#81Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 1:34pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "To whoever was asking about artwork:

"

It looks like the poster for Younger to me.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#82Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 1:37pm

The poster looks like an homage to Nights of Cabiria, the remarkable Fellini film the show was inspired by.

BroadwayKiwi
Liza's Headband
#84Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 1:54pm

TotallyEffed said: "The poster looks like an homage to Nights of Cabiria, the remarkable Fellini film the show was inspired by."

You're really, really stretching there. No need to defend such a terrible image. They just need to replace it with something relevant to the tone of the production and/or theatrical property. It's a very simple fix. 

broadwayboy223
#85Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 1:57pm

TotallyEffed said: "The poster looks like an homage to Nights of Cabiria, the remarkable Fellini film the show was inspired by.

"

I thought it looked like a younger promo but cropped and put in black and white with "Sweet Charity" added on it.

TotallyEffed
#86Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 2:43pm

I'm not defending the image, just throwing out ideas for the meaning behind such a simple/basic poster.

CarlosAlberto Profile Photo
CarlosAlberto
#87Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 3:21pm

TotallyEffed said: "I'm not defending the image, just throwing out ideas for the meaning behind such a simple/basic poster.

That poster reminds me nothing of Fellini's classic "Nights of Cabiria".

Here is what poster(s) for that film looked like when originally released:

Updated On: 8/25/16 at 03:21 PM

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#88Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:01pm

I think he's confusing this popular logo which wasn't the poster artwork for the film:

mlsheehan Profile Photo
mlsheehan
#89Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:09pm

I don't know I kind of like the image.  I get If My Friends Could See Me Now vibe off it.  I'm just jealous for those that will get to see it.  Since I can't...

TotallyEffed
#90Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:18pm

I didn't mean that it was a recreation of the original poster. Just the black and white with the smile is similar to how the film ends. Sheesh, sorry people!

CarlosAlberto
#91Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:20pm

Well maybe you should have said that to begin with. Don't be unclear with what you're trying to say and then get all defensive when people don't get what you are trying to say. GROW UP. 

Updated On: 8/25/16 at 04:20 PM

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#92Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:27pm

CarlosAlberto said: "Well maybe you should have said that to begin with. Don't be unclear with what you're trying to say and then get all defensive when people don't get what you are trying to say. GROW UP. "

Nothing TotallyEffed said was rude or defensive. No need to be an ass. Or, as you'd say: GROW UP.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 8/25/16 at 04:27 PM

CarlosAlberto
#93Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:31pm

What the fuck ever Kad.

NOW I'm being an ASS.

...and a prick

Updated On: 8/25/16 at 04:31 PM

Oak2
#94Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:34pm

Updated On: 8/25/16 at 04:34 PM

CarlosAlberto
#95Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:36pm

da fuq u carrying on about Oak2. Have a Coke and a smile and STFU.

Carry on. #sensitivenellies #crybabies #candyasses

Updated On: 8/25/16 at 04:36 PM

Oak2
#96Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:38pm

I apologize for the original contents of these messages. I am autistic and sometimes struggle with impulse control, so I had impulse reactions to the rudeness I witnessed. However, my reaction was still out of line. I will try to control myself better in the future.

In any case, the weird poster notwithstanding, I look forward to seeing this. I like Sutton Foster and I think she'll be perfect. I used to be obsessed with Neil Simon in school but couldn't afford to see any of his works, but I read all the scripts for a lot of his stuff, including Sweet Charity (also listened to the soundtrack), so I'd love to actually see it.

Updated On: 8/25/16 at 04:38 PM

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#97Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 4:42pm

I'm sorry...this is really how BWW found out about the new artwork? This thread?

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-Splashy-Artwork-Revealed-for-Sutton-Foster-Led-SWEET-CHARITY-20160825

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

Hariku
#98Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 6:56pm

Yuck, Does she not know how bland she is? NOT a role for her. Just like Reno Sweeney, these "personality" roles were not made for cookie cutter generic BFA musical theater grads. They need individuals with original and charasmatic personalities, not a fine singer and dancer with average acting skills.

This is the worst casting news since, well, Jennifer Holliday coming into to ruin The Color Purple. Jennifer Hudson was the wrong way to go, so why go that way again with Holliday?

orlikethecolorpurple
#99Sutton Foster to lead SWEET CHARITY Off-Broadway Revival!
Posted: 8/25/16 at 7:12pm

I love when a two-time Tony winner/six-time Tony nominee is labeled "bland" as if it's fact.