pixeltracker

What are the worst musicals you ever saw- Page 2

What are the worst musicals you ever saw

pc1145N
#25What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 9:19pm

Dirty Dancing. Hands Down, my worst night of "theater" ever.

ebontoyan
#26What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 9:24pm

Call_me_jorge said: "How can a theatre fan HATE fun home? I don't care if you hate the music, the story should at the very least make you feel empathy. "

It's called personal taste

jomilo21
#27What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 9:36pm

It cracks me up that once, a gentlemans guide to love and murder, fun home, and rent have all made this thread :) Remember, the OP question was what is the WORST you've seen, not least favorite hate them all you want but I would love to hear an argument about how any of those could be the worst... Unless you've only ever seen those and Hamilton...

my answer is The Heathers. That was just dreadful. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#28What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 9:38pm

this thread started as negative and quickly devolved into stupid. As horrible as some of the shows mentioned are, if they are the worst you've seen, you haven't gone to enough musicals. 

jomilo21
#29What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 9:41pm

HogansHero said: "As horrible as some of the shows mentioned are, if they are the worst you've seen, you haven't gone to enough musicals."

I agree. Ha. However in my case, I'm outside of New York so when I come I put a lot of care into choosing good shows... So even though I only see maybe 20 or so a year, I try to pick the best ones out there. Occasionally I fail, but usually I just see the good ones What are the worst musicals you ever saw

hork Profile Photo
hork
#30What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 9:41pm

HogansHero said: "this thread started as negative and quickly devolved into stupid. As horrible as some of the shows mentioned are, if they are the worst you've seen, you haven't gone to enough musicals. 

That's an odd thing to say. The shows are horrible, but people should go see shows that are even worse? How does that make sense?

Updated On: 6/4/16 at 09:41 PM

wolfwriter2
#31What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 9:47pm

HogansHero said: "this thread started as negative and quickly devolved into stupid. As horrible as some of the shows mentioned are, if they are the worst you've seen, you haven't gone to enough musicals. 

I agree. A show called Metro, popped into my head. If I recall, it was partially or entirely in Polish and set in a subway. I can't recall anything else, except how painfully bad it was. Also, a musical called A Change In The Heir, which closed after a week or two and had Judy Blazer and JK Simmons, among others, but looked like a high school with no money had produced it.

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#32What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 9:58pm

I'm only counting shows I've seen in first-class productions, because we've all seen worse off-off-Broadway and in community theaters--and who even remembers the titles of those terrible efforts?

The worst show I ever saw on Broadway was CLEAVAGE. I don't even remember what it was about (I think it was a revue), but it had been a hit in Mississippi and arrived with plenty of Mississippi money to keep it running in previews, trying to build an audience. It never did.

In the category of "Worst Show by People Who Should Know Better", I'd crown MARTIN GUERRE. The homoeroticism was so heavy-handed  and obvious, yet so obviously unintended. I laughed out loud for a full two hours, even though the story is a tragedy. (Hugh Panaro sang beautifully, but it wasn't enough to make up for the show's faults.)

Updated On: 6/4/16 at 09:58 PM

ebontoyan
#33What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 10:03pm

jomilo21 said: "It cracks me up that once, a gentlemans guide to love and murder, fun home, and rent have all made this thread :) Remember, the OP question was what is the WORST you've seen, not least favorite hate them all you want but I would love to hear an argument about how any of those could be the worst.."

Those were my worst, I couldn't keep awake watching Once and Gentleman's Guide, I was so bored! I also said I have the minority opinion.  Living in the Midwest, I have to pick which shows I watch in my 3-4 NYC visits per year.  The only thing that made me stay was they were Tony winners, there should be something good I'm not seeing. I didn't see anything to enjoy.  OP said "worst that you've seen" and those were mine, my personal opinion. (PS:  I listened to the OBCR before watching and I found them underwhelming)

Updated On: 6/4/16 at 10:03 PM

broadwayfreak4 Profile Photo
broadwayfreak4
#34What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 10:08pm

Flashdance

ChildofEarth Profile Photo
ChildofEarth
#35What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 10:18pm

I'm not even sure of the name but it was a community production of a show about the Game of Life.

thirtythirtyninety Profile Photo
thirtythirtyninety
#36What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 10:31pm

The Miracle Brothers at the Vineyard Theater. 

Memorably, impressively awful. I was embarrassed for the great cast

After Eight
#37What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 10:42pm

Sweeney Todd, Passion, Fun Home, Title of Show...

Updated On: 6/4/16 at 10:42 PM

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#38What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 10:48pm

hork said: "That's an odd thing to say. The shows are horrible, but people should go see shows that are even worse? How does that make sense?"

It makes sense on several levels. First, it's an observation about relativity. Second, it's highlighting the stupidity of the thread. But finally, yes I think people who want to understand any discipline ought not avoid the dreck. You would not want to go to a doctor who didn't have experience with sick people, would you? 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#39What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 10:54pm

when I was in high school a few years ago there was a theater festival for the entire state and there was just an absolutely dreadful production of Side Show. the girls looked nothing like sisters and could barely sing, the actor playing Jake also played one of the freaks at the beginning so I was very confused by his presence (I'd never heard or seen the show before this).

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

mailhandler777
#40What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 11:26pm

In The Heights. Just dreadful IMO. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#41What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 11:47pm

After Eight said: "Sweeney Todd, Passion, Fun Home, Title of Show...

"

We get it, you don't like theatre.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

goldenboy Profile Photo
goldenboy
#42What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 11:53pm

Starmites

Once

Marlowe

Home Sweet Homer

and I have to agree with the other poster.

Fun Home ... I also could not wait to escape.

Alessio2
#43What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/4/16 at 11:59pm

Capeman and Brooklyn. Truly awful!

MarkBearSF Profile Photo
MarkBearSF
#44What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 12:01am

Martin Guerre (v2 - London)
The Addams Family (OBC - not even they could save it)

...and in the category of "not a good musical - but I enjoyed some aspects"
Women on the Verge of a Nervous Breakdown (LOVE the score)
Lysistrata Jones

EDIT - How could I forget Spiderman - Turn off the Show.

Updated On: 6/5/16 at 12:01 AM

Finch
#45What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 12:04am

Shogun

Annie 2

A Mother's Kisses

Dance of the Vampires

Once

Whistle Down The Wind

Aida

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#46What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 12:07am

Flashdance

Once

Paramour

Dirty Dancing

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

theNYCpro Profile Photo
theNYCpro
#47What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 12:22am

The Beautiful Game. 

Andrew Lloyd Webber show, saw it in the West End in 2000. I was young, but I remember it being laughably bad. Didn't make it to Broadway for good reason.

colorsblend Profile Photo
colorsblend
#48What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 12:32am

The Addams Family. Ugh. Great cast and set, terrible script and songs.

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#49What are the worst musicals you ever saw
Posted: 6/5/16 at 12:36am

Motown

Videos