pixeltracker

Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?- Page 7

Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#150Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:46pm

And Leslie was on?

ChiTheaterFan
#151Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:48pm

Jordan Catalano said: "It sure as hell won't be before. 

"

It was a joke. But not a very good one. Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?

jdra
#152Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:55pm

TotallyEffed said: "And Leslie was on?"

Yes.

bear88
#153Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 9:58pm

My friend who was there this afternoon said they filmed.

Thanks, jdra, for the information. That certainly strongly suggests that whatever issues Odom and anyone else had with with the producers over being in the filmed performances have been resolved.

And Jordan, you are quite right that I shouldn't really care. The footage might not be released in my lifetime, for all I know. But I do think it's a good thing to record the original cast for posterity. Theater is such a fragile art form. There are countless legendary Broadway performances that we will never see. Setting aside the debates over the artistic merit of Hamilton, about which reasonable people can disagree, it's a huge hit that has touched a lot of people who have never seen it. They'll get the chance as the years go by, of course. But I think it's a positive to film such performances, with the actors who created the roles, instead of doing it at the tail end of the show's run or relying on a movie that might not be any good.

And as for me, I loved the show. I would buy a good-quality filmed performance 10 years from now. But I did hope any film would include all the key players, to capture this moment. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#154Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:09pm

Hell, I'm surprised Jonathan is coming back to film when they could just as easily film him at any point in the next several years on that stage (audience or not) in his costume. What a trooper for coming back! (wish it was last Wednesday when I was there though...that would have been awesome)

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

BroadwayMomma
#155Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:11pm

Who was Daveed's U/S? Andrew Chappell?

Seth Stewart.  

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#156Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:18pm

gypsy101 said: "Hell, I'm surprised Jonathan is coming back to film when they could just as easily film him at any point in the next several years on that stage (audience or not) in his costume. What a trooper for coming back! (wish it was last Wednesday when I was there though...that would have been awesome)"

why would it be easier at any point than now, and what makes him such a trooper? I don't get it. 

mkgutie06
#157Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:20pm

I was at today's show and they were filming, everyone was there except for Groff (Lin was there despite usually taking Sundays off and he was awesome as usual). Truly amazing show and very fortunate to be there for it (they brought their A Game for sure). And according to all the signs in and outside of the theatre they are filming on Tuesday. There are tons of trucks/crew set ups around the theater so very hard to get to that area if you don't have a ticket to get in.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#158Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:25pm

isn't he like super busy filming some TV show? hence why he left the show several months earlier than he himself said he was leaving. fine, maybe he wasn't a "trooper"...how nice of him to come back.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."
Updated On: 6/26/16 at 10:25 PM

BlackElleWoods Profile Photo
BlackElleWoods
#160Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:39pm

He also stated it would be released to the public 

broadwayboy223
#161Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:39pm

Will this really not be released for several years? 

aaaaaa15
#162Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:43pm

Greats news about Leslie! No-one knows when it will be released but yes it will most likely be years.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#163Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 10:55pm

People really need to understand just how long it's going to be before this thing sees the light of day. I've used it before but I'll do it again. 

Take WICKED for example. A show that's extremely popular and has been for years. That show opened in 2003 (13 years ago). Let's say they filmed that show with the original cast for an eventual release. The show is still making a ton of money and showing no signs of slowing down. So if they filmed that, it still wouldn't be anywhere close to being released. There would be no need. 

So so think about that when you're freaking out over the cameras setting up for the filming this week. The teenagers who are obsessing over this will have kids of their own when it's released. 

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#164Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 11:06pm

gypsy101 said: "isn't he like super busy filming some TV show? hence why he left the show several months earlier than he himself said he was leaving. fine, maybe he wasn't a "trooper"...how nice of him to come back."

It's a Netflix show shot in Pittsburgh. Its not something you can do while doing a Broadway show but it is also not like making a feature film in Africa. I'm sure he comes home regularly and I doubt getting a couple days off is much of an issue. It is "nice" but I'd also think he would very much want to be a part of it. Also, even though there is lots of b-roll, I don't think the king was ever in it, so there would not be much to represent.

chi-town_bwayfangirl
#165Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/26/16 at 11:06pm

BroadwayMomma said: "Who was Daveed's U/S? Andrew Chappell?

Seth Stewart.  

Bummer

brdwayjunkie1391
#166Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 3:48am

My friend is attending Tuesday's show and I'm having a hard time containing my jealousy! How lucky are the people with tickets for the 28th that they unexpectedly get to see the entire OBC? 

aaaaaa15
#167Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 3:56am

It is a nice surprise for them, but Rory is really great too.

schubox
#168Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 6:16am

Jordan Catalano said: "I never said I don't like the show. EVER. I don't like the shows FANS. 

And if you think I go on and on, what you're seeing is my answering the same questions being asked over and over and over again. And if you don't like what I post, you can just block me. It's as simple as that.  Dipsh*t. 

"

If only there was a way you could avoid threads with Hamilton fans in them talking about Hamilton. Oh well, this is just your cross to bear.

schubox
#169Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 6:18am

gypsy101 said: "Hell, I'm surprised Jonathan is coming back to film when they could just as easily film him at any point in the next several years on that stage (audience or not) in his costume. What a trooper for coming back! (wish it was last Wednesday when I was there though...that would have been awesome)

"

People keep saying this. You need the look he gives Washington. And the interactions between him and Burr, and all The Reynolds Pamphlet stuff. He kind of needs to be there with the cast.

Liza's Headband
#170Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 7:53am

schubox said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I never said I don't like the show. EVER. I don't like the shows FANS. 

And if you think I go on and on, what you're seeing is my answering the same questions being asked over and over and over again. And if you don't like what I post, you can just block me. It's as simple as that.  Dipsh*t. 

"

If only there was a way you could avoid threads with Hamilton fans in them talking about Hamilton. Oh well, this is just your cross to bear.

"

If only there was a way you could avoid posts by people who annoy you. Oh well, this is just your cross to bear in spite of a super convenient feature that allows you to block/ignore certain posters.... 

schubox
#171Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 8:44am

Liza's Headband said: "schubox said: "Jordan Catalano said: "I never said I don't like the show. EVER. I don't like the shows FANS. 

"

"

If only there was a way you could avoid posts by people who annoy you. Oh well, this is just your cross to bear in spite of a super convenient feature that allows you to block/ignore certain posters.... 

"

Then the terrorists win. I can't let that happen 

Liza's Headband
#172Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 9:18am

It would be funnier if you rejoined us from your previous account... 

schubox
#173Which Hamilton performances will be Filmed?
Posted: 6/27/16 at 9:16pm

Liza's Headband said: "It would be funnier if you rejoined us from your previous account... 

"

Wait you think I'm like some banned user or something? Or a troll account? I'm not. Go look at the Reddit Hamilton sub, same username. Believe me I joined this board just this year. I didn't know it existed until someone linked it from Reddit 

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge