CindersGolightly
#50Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 9:37am

Erin. Davie.

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

broadwayboy223
#51Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 10:16am

This would be a great role for Marin Mazzie if she was younger. I'd love to see that 

dissimilate
#52Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:06am

Broadway Forever2 said: "Does Sara have any acting experince? She has a phenomenal voice but I question how hood she would be even though she created the role. 

"

She has some acting experience from childhood but I wouldn’t hold my breath. You can look at some clips of her in The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl.

I think she would do a solid job, she just wouldn’t be spectacular, acting-wise. Also, the problem with casting her is that it’ll be stunt casting – they won’t cast her until grosses are dropping, which means that once she finishes her run, the show will likely be over.

Broadway Forever2
#53Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:18am

dissimilate said: 
"

She has some acting experience from childhood but I wouldn’t hold my breath. You can look at some clips of her in The Little Mermaid at the Hollywood Bowl.

I think she would do a solid job, she just wouldn’t be spectacular, acting-wise. Also, the problem with casting her is that it’ll be stunt casting – they won’t cast her until grosses are dropping, which means that once she finishes her run, the show will likely be over.

"

haha I actually completely forgot she was in the Little Mermaid show. And you're right she would basically be stunt casting. I would like to see her in the role though but hopefully they won't reach a point where they need to cast her, 

broadwayguy91
#54Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 11:47am

broadwayboy223 said: "This would be a great role for Marin Mazzie if she was younger. I'd love to see that 

"

Would Marin be suitable for Becky tho? would love to see her in a funny and sassy / sarcastic role

broadwayboy223
#55Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 12:46pm

I mean maybe she could pull it off. It's not her voice type really. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#56Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 3:25pm

The composer/lyricist of Waitress.

Carmen Cusack would be glorious but she's a little long in the tooth

KathyNYC2
#57Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 5:48pm

Abby Mueller..talented family there.

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#58Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 5:54pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "Carmen Cusack would be glorious but she's a little long in the tooth"

I can't seem to find Cusack's age online, but I don't think she's all that much older than Jessie Mueller (who is 33). And even if she is significantly older, I don't think she reads that way. She played a teenager for half of Bright Star. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#59Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 6:48pm

CindersGolightly said: "Erin. Davie."

YES. I am so behind this idea...

mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
#60Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 7:15pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "mailhandler777 said: "Both Christine and Ali are too young and read too young to play Jenna. Christine is 31 and Ali is 26. They could play Dawn. "

I presumed that Jenna was supposed to be in her early 30s.

"

I thought based on the first song that the dr sings that her character is supposed to be early 40s?  (Song about 'middle age of 41 or 42)

Updated On: 7/1/16 at 07:15 PM

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#61Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 7:55pm

mmFan said: "NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "I presumed that Jenna was supposed to be in her early 30s."

I thought based on the first song that the dr sings that her character is supposed to be early 40s?  (Song about 'middle age of 41 or 42)
"

I know what you are referring to. I love that song and have listened to it a bunch - he actually says that she reminds him of the waitress at the shop he went to when both he and the waitress were younger. He says "gosh by now she's well in middle age, probably 41 or 42" and Jenna scoffs at that and he backpedals. Jenna reminds him of that waitress at a younger age.

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

pupscotch
#62Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:05pm

I always thought Jenna was late 20s, early 30s, Becky was mid to late 30s, and Dawn was mid 20s. I'd love to see Megan Hilty as Jenna, Annaleigh Ashford as Dawn, and maybe Danielle Brooks as Becky? I don't know if she reads too young for it, but I think she'd be great in that part.

mmFan Profile Photo
mmFan
#63Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:06pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "mmFan said: "NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "I presumed that Jenna was supposed to be in her early 30s."

"

I know what you are referring to. I love that song and have listened to it a bunch - he actually says that she reminds him of the waitress at the shop he went to when both he and the waitress were younger. He says "gosh by now she's well in middle age, probably 41 or 42" and Jenna scoffs at that and he backpedals. Jenna reminds him of that waitress at a younger age.

"

Yeah, guess I interpreted it wrong.  I thought because of her reaction, that she was the same age that he was referring to as "old".

TFMH18 Profile Photo
TFMH18
#64Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/1/16 at 8:44pm

"I can't seem to find Cusack's age online, but I don't think she's all that much older than Jessie Mueller (who is 33). And even if she is significantly older, I don't think she reads that way. She played a teenager for half of Bright Star."

Cusack has yet to divulge her age to the public (even in her NY Times profile, she didn't give it to the reporter, for reasons pertaining to the fact that she played 16 and 38 in Bright Star). However, having read an article about her a while back, I recall that it said she moved to England at the age of 20, and this was after having worked on the QE2 in 1992. So, suffice to say she is 43-44 years old which, yes, is too old to play Jenna. However, I wholly agree that due to her versatility as an actress, she could still totally make it work and would be sensational-- she did, after all, believably play 16 in Bright Star to moving and hilarious effect. 

broadwayguy91
#65Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:14am

Ashley Park would make a very adorable Dawn.

Ruthie Ann Miles as Jenna? 

pupscotch
#66Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:17am

broadwayguy91 said: "Ashley Park would make a very adorable Dawn.

Ruthie Ann Miles as Jenna? 

"

Ruthie Ann Miles would be amazing acting-wise I think. I'd like to hear her sing a song from the score first, but I think she would definitely be amazing. I would never have thought of it and now I need it. 

broadwayguy91
#67Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:34am

I actually hope that they continue to cast non-white actresses (at the very least) in the roles of Dawn and Becky. I can also imagine someone like Conrad Ricamora / Telly Leung playing Dr Pommatter (they're both good looking and can straddle between comedy / drama)

I can also imagine Santino Fontana playing Ogie/ Pommatter, but he probably loves the TV dough too much now, lolol

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#68Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/2/16 at 2:06pm

Margo Seibert would be excellent!

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

broadwayguy91
#69Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/2/16 at 11:03pm

Lea Salonga as Jenna in a future Manila prodution, LOL

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#70Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/3/16 at 12:08am

I would like to see Abby Mueller in a role that doesn't inevitably cause comparisons to her sister, but I agree she'd be fabulous.   

Jessica Keenan Wynn (currently playing Cynthia Weil) could also be an interesting choice. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

broadwayboy223
#71Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/3/16 at 12:31am

Maybe Laura Beanti could do it. She was involved in earlier workshops

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#72Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/3/16 at 12:35am

pupscotch said: "broadwayguy91 said: "Ruthie Ann Miles would be amazing acting-wise I think. I'd like to hear her sing a song from the score first"

I agree. I think her acting performance would be perfect, but I've only ever heard her sing in The King and I, which is obviously a completely different vocal type. I'm sure she has a chest voice that she's perfectly capable of singing in, but I still wonder if she'd fit the part vocally. 

lucas_glenn
#73Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/3/16 at 4:47pm

starcatchers said: "I would like to see Abby Mueller in a role that doesn't inevitably cause comparisons to her sister, but I agree she'd be fabulous.   

Jessica Keenan Wynn (currently playing Cynthia Weil) could also be an interesting choice. 

"

I would LOVE seeing Jessica Keenan Wynn as Jenna she would be fantastic! 

broadwayguy91
#74Possible Jenna Replacements
Posted: 7/4/16 at 9:46am

speaking of Cynthia Weil, would Becky Gulsvig be a good fit for Jenna? (maybe Dawn..?)

and speaking of Legally Blonde, I wonder how Laura Bel Bundy would fare in the role of Jenna. Her most high profile Broadway stints have been Glinda , Elle Woods and Amber in Hairspray - all comedic roles (although Glinda has some serious moments), so it would be interesting where she could take the character.