pixeltracker

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!- Page 9

Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!

Kate Monster3
#200Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 11:50am

Jshan05 said: "Enjoy before it's taken down. Absolutely incredible! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEe986rrsvo

OMG thank you!

decast
#201Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 12:39pm

Vulture have HQ vids of Still Hurting & Moving Too Fast. I feel like you get a hint of what kind of Burr Henry is going to be during Moving too Fast. Probably because he's been rehearsing both at the same time!

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/cynthia-erivo-singing-still-hurting-is-special.html?mid=twitter_vulture

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#202Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 12:49pm

Any word on what Cynthia has lined up after TCP?  I gather Joshua's Hamilton contract is at least 6 months to a year.  I'd so love a revival with this superlative cast!

barcelona20
#203Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 1:23pm

Can they do another benefit concert next week with Norbert and Sherie? Please?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#204Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 1:26pm

Play Esq. said: "Any word on what Cynthia has lined up after TCP?  I gather Joshua's Hamilton contract is at least 6 months to a year.  I'd so love a revival with this superlative cast!"

Not a believer in ephemera?

Play  Esq. Profile Photo
Play Esq.
#205Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 1:36pm

Nope.  Want to see it again.  Now.  

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#206Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 1:48pm

barcelona20 said: "Can they do another benefit concert next week with Norbert and Sherie? Please?

"

YES!!!! I've been hoping for that for years. One could wish...

Nattalyee Profile Photo
Nattalyee
#207Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 3:03pm

I posted some videos from the performance if anyone wants to check them out. You can find them on my YouTube page at www.youtube.com/Nattalyee

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#208Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 4:55pm

Nattalyee said: "I posted some videos from the performance if anyone wants to check them out. You can find them on my YouTube page at www.youtube.com/Nattalyee"

I have been listening to these all day! Thank you so much for posting them...do you happen to have "See I'm Smiling"? 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#209Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 4:56pm

decast said: "Vulture have HQ vids of Still Hurting & Moving Too Fast. I feel like you get a hint of what kind of Burr Henry is going to be during Moving too Fast. Probably because he's been rehearsing both at the same time!

http://www.vulture.com/2016/09/cynthia-erivo-singing-still-hurting-is-special.html?mid=twitter_vulture
"

Love the quality on this. I could barely see the performers because the woman sitting in front of me was literally the most obnoxious person I have ever had the misfortune to meet. She would keep leaning in to her friends sitting next to her, completely blocking my view after me repeatedly requesting her to stop doing that. She was loud, and thought she was at a U2 concert. She was singing along most annoyingly, at least 6 people around us told her to STFU but she wouldn't. UGH.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#210Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 4:58pm

Nattalyee said: "I posted some videos from the performance if anyone wants to check them out. You can find them on my YouTube page at www.youtube.com/Nattalyee"

Or better yet, did you record "A Part Of That"? I'd love to hear Cynthia sing either of those...

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#211Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/13/16 at 6:59pm

i'm living for those videos and want the whole thing! please let them release this officially.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#212Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/14/16 at 1:26am

After being upset for weeks at the prospect of not getting to see this, I was lucky enough to see JRB's tweet  a couple days before the show and grab two of the 20 house seats that were released - and I am so grateful we got to go.  It truly was an unforgettable night.  Both Henry & Erivo were wonderful, powerful and electrifying throughout.  The emotion and the electricity in the room was amazing. Joshua Henry has charisma and presence for days - hope he plays Burr in NYC eventually because I would kill to see it.  His vocals were insane - just insane and his energy was off the charts and totally infectious. Great sense of the comedy, too - I was in love with his Jamie 30 seconds into his first song. I enjoyed Cynthia Erivo in this more than TCP (a fact that even surprises me).  There was something about her connection to this music and character that was just undeniable - and when she opens that voice of hers up and lets it rip, the power is staggering.  I was also pleasantly surprised at how great her comic timing was in "Summer in Ohio" having just not seen that side of her before. Totally agree with what others said about wishing Sherie & Norbert had sung something... anything... from the show together even for a blip - and there were a staggering number of weeping people (I was among them) and the teleprompter screens were obnoxiously large and bright (but clearly they were needed based upon the flubs).  I forgot about the screens after a bit - but being one of those nerds who knows every word - I found it more jarring when they sang the wrong word or words (Henry did this a in "Nobody Needs to Know" and it made me a little crazy because the performance was so gorgeous and then he'd sing a word that meant the opposite of the correct word - or paraphrase and be short a syllable).  It was just enough to pull me out of the moment for a second which was frustrating to me.  JRB's "I am not throwing away my shot" thank you speech to the audience was very heartfelt and just seeing him play that performance was special in and of itself.   I hope this resurfaces in some form that allows more people to enjoy these performances.  It was magical!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#213Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/14/16 at 12:25pm

I just really would love for JRB to post more videos. I want to relive "See I'm Smiling" by Cynthia with her face up close like this video has it. :'(

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

Margo319
#214Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/14/16 at 2:06pm

He flubbed words?  "Nobody needs to know" is my favorite song in the whole show, where did he flub?  I hope it was not the second part of the song.  I really wish someone would post that performance.

nicnyc Profile Photo
nicnyc
#215Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/14/16 at 2:13pm

"Nobody needs to know" is my favorite song in the whole show too - and, yeah, he flubbed some of my favorite lines in it.  He was a syllable short on a paraphrase of "Tell her I found one" and then he sang  "And slowly we're sliding" instead of "And faster we're sliding".  Performance of the song was gorgeous but the flubs were distracting - at least to someone who knows every word, like me.

Margo319
#216Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/14/16 at 2:41pm

Aw, that's disappointing.  Yeah, I know every word as well.  Adam Kantor's version is my favorite because his voice is so beautiful.  

ren598
#217Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/14/16 at 3:02pm

I really hope Jason Robert Brown will release quality audio and video of this concert.  I would pay good money for it.  For anyone whose been dying to get more content, I have audio of the entire concert.  The quality is not great, since it was recorded on my cell phone, but at least it's something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=15NCG3wCZ-Y

I'll keep it on here until someone tells me to take it down.

Sam2
#218Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/14/16 at 11:51pm

Does anyone happen to have some insider information whether the full recording will be released to the public or not? The videos posted by JRB are so beautiful.

Jordyn77
#219Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 9/22/16 at 3:02pm

I'm selling poster from the Last Five Years Town Hall benefit featuring Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry (I bought an extra poster for a friend, who ended up buying their own).  I will also include a program from the benefit.  They ran out of both items before the show started.  PM me if you are interested.   Thanks.  

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#221Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 8/7/18 at 3:38am

I still want a cast recording with these two!

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#222Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 8/7/18 at 4:10am

His Carousel left me cold, but maybe it was the director. 

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#223Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 8/7/18 at 10:15am

Maybe a limited engagement run on Broadway?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ameliewormwood
#224Cynthia Erivo and Joshua Henry in Last 5 Years!
Posted: 8/7/18 at 11:58am

I wouldn't write it off. Isn't Kiss Me, Kate the only musical revival slated for 18-19 season?