pixeltracker

Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street- Page 2

Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street

Relevance81491
#25Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/23/16 at 2:38pm

Tickets seem to be selling fast, especially durring the first two weeks of the run when tickets are cheaper 

kofler22
#26Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/23/16 at 5:16pm

They're only selling untill April the 9th...I wonder if that's the final date or will they be adding more dates...

wicked4l
#27Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/23/16 at 5:44pm

Carolee Carmello is Mrs. Lovett. Norm Lewis was offered Sweeney but hasn't accepted yet because of another big show.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#28Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/23/16 at 6:15pm

wicked4l said: "Carolee Carmello is Mrs. Lovett. Norm Lewis was offered Sweeney but hasn't accepted yet because of another big show."

Source?

broadwaydevil Profile Photo
broadwaydevil
#29Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/23/16 at 6:24pm

Is this a link that can be forwarded? If so, would very much appreciate a PM!

Scratch and claw for every day you're worth! Make them drag you screaming from life, keep dreaming You'll live forever here on earth.

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#30Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/23/16 at 7:44pm

So excited for this production! I picked up two of the inexpensive seats for a preview performance, and might buy another pair if they release the same $69.50 price level tomorrow for a date later in the run. I expect because of the very small amount of seating that this will sell well and they'll extend, unless they've already lined up something else to come in right after this limited run?

Glittergrrl Profile Photo
Glittergrrl
#31Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/23/16 at 8:43pm

Sweeney is one of my favorites and this sounds like a lot of fun. I just signed up on their site, but can't figure out how to get tickets. Am I missing something? 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#32Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 10:04am

Glittergrrl said: "Sweeney is one of my favorites and this sounds like a lot of fun. I just signed up on their site, but can't figure out how to get tickets. Am I missing something?"

They sent an e-mail yesterday with a link to the ticketing site. But the pre-sale only goes until 1p, at which point, the public can buy them...

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#34Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 11:57am

wicked4l said: "Carolee Carmello is Mrs. Lovett. Norm Lewis was offered Sweeney but hasn't accepted yet because of another big show.

"

Guess not. 

BroadwayGuy12 Profile Photo
BroadwayGuy12
#35Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:16pm

I'm excited to see this, as I've yet to catch a professional production of the show, but I'm bummed that it's being re-orchestrated for only three musicians. The score for Sweeney sounds so epic when played by a full orchestra.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#36Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:23pm

GreasedLightning said: "wicked4l said: "Carolee Carmello is Mrs. Lovett. Norm Lewis was offered Sweeney but hasn't accepted yet because of another big show."

Guess not. 
"

Well.. Not right now, at any rate.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

wicked4l
#37Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:28pm

Kad said: "GreasedLightning said: "wicked4l said: "Carolee Carmello is Mrs. Lovett. Norm Lewis was offered Sweeney but hasn't accepted yet because of another big show."

Guess not. 
"

Well.. Not right now, at any rate.

"

Whoa, I heard it straight from a friend who is on the music team. No idea what happened!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#38Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:28pm

I want to give wicked4l  benefit of doubt, mostly because out of my desire for this "Norm Lewis was offered Sweeney but hasn't accepted yet because of another big show" to be true. What big show are we expecting to come in which hasn't been completely cast yet?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#39Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:29pm

For those who got tickets during pre-sale, how much were they? The press release didn't give any pricing indication. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#40Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:35pm

I'm giving wicked4l the benefit of the doubt for other reasons.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

PianoMann Profile Photo
PianoMann
#41Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:36pm

The price for preview performances ranges from $69.50 to $99.50 and for regular performances from $69.50 to $125.  It's an extra $20 per ticket if you're ordering a pie.  For presale, they did not release any of the $69.50 tickets for regular performances, just for previews, so I expect there will be $69.50 seats available at 1:00 today.

broadwayboy223
#42Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:37pm

Man I hoped it would be Carolee. She would SLAY Mrs Lovett. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#43Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:38pm

kofler22 said: "They're only selling untill April the 9th...I wonder if that's the final date or will they be adding more dates..."

Any word on how long the run will be? I'm in NYC in May...

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#44Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:43pm

Well, it was announced weeks ago that most of the London cast would have reprised their roles. The boy playing Tobias is terrific, you're in for a treat!

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#45Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 12:57pm

Well, at least this solves the cryptic Matt Doyle mystery. I think Betsy Morgan will be terrific in doubling as Pirelli and the Beggar Woman! Has that ever been done before?

Also, Siobhan McCarthy is the Donna I hear in my head whenever I think of Mamma Mia. I hope I can catch this production- funny how it begins performances on Valentine's Day.

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#46Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 1:25pm

Looks to be selling briskly. Glad I got two great table seats yesterday.

LittleEdieFan
#47Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 10:02pm

i will be in NYC at the end of February but there doesn't seem to be any tickets available until March!!

StageDoor3 Profile Photo
StageDoor3
#48Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/24/16 at 10:23pm

"Until March"!   I'm looking at the run through April 9, and table seats look to be pretty much gone.   I'm not coming to NY till late April and I'm trusting this will extend Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#49Sweeney Todd revival at Barrow Street
Posted: 10/25/16 at 9:35am

I have it on good authority that it will continue past April, and this is not a case of the early bird getting the worm.