pixeltracker

Great Comet Seating Thread- Page 15

Great Comet Seating Thread

irishgator1
#350BA 9 & 11 / Telecharge customer service
Posted: 7/12/17 at 11:40am

QueenTwinnied said: "haterobics said: "QueenTwinnied said: "Hi everyone! I'm going to buy tickets soon for TGC (first time) and I'm wondering what the best orchestra seats are for the best views and performer-audience interaction? I've been looking for aisle seats around mid-orchestra (around Row L-ish). 

Are those good seats? What can I expect in terms of performer-audience interaction in that area (aisle seat)? Thank you for your advice and saving me from reading this entire thread lol!
"

Why orchestra? I prefer front row mezz or onstage for this show..

"

No specific reason, I guess. On-stage tickets are a bit out of my price range and from what I've seen it looks like there's audience interaction with Orchestra seats. I'll look into Front Mezzanine tickets if they're better than Orchestra seats. 
"

If you can swing it, I'd definitely go for front mezz seats. I've seen it from front mezz, banquettes, and orchestra row J and you definitely get a more overall view from the front mezz vs orchestra. Pierre , Balaga, and Natasha all pass in front of the front mezz as well as plenty of actors. 

#351help choosing seats
Posted: 7/12/17 at 12:16pm

Hello!! I'm choosing seats and I have the choice between BA 2+4, BD 20+22/21+23, or TQ 3+4. What do you guys suggest for most interaction (especially Anatole)? I'm mostly between BA and TQ!

#352help choosing seats
Posted: 7/12/17 at 12:56pm

Hello!! I'm choosing seats and I have the choice between BA 2+4, BD 20+22/21+23, or TQ 3+4. What do you guys suggest for most interaction (especially Anatole)? I'm mostly between BA and TQ!

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#353help choosing seats
Posted: 7/12/17 at 1:02pm

234817 said: "Hello!! I'm choosing seats and I have the choice between BA 2+4, BD 20+22/21+23, or TQ 3+4. What do you guys suggest for most interaction (especially Anatole)? I'm mostly between BA and TQ!"

If TQ is dead center behind Pierre's Salon, which I think it is, definitely that one. BA 2/4 is on stage left, where he doesn't hang out as much. And if you can get BB17, that is DEFINITELY the seat you want.

irishgator1
#354help choosing seats
Posted: 7/12/17 at 1:03pm

234817 said: "Hello!! I'm choosing seats and I have the choice between BA 2+4, BD 20+22/21+23, or TQ 3+4. What do you guys suggest for most interaction (especially Anatole)? I'm mostly between BA and TQ!"

I haven't sat in those exact seats you're interested in, but did sit in BA 8 and 10. I got the cheek nuzzle/ear whisper Anatole makes during his entrance at the opera, but it seems that it's not a guarantee like sitting in the seats on stage right (BC, I think? Don't remember but this thread lists it somewhere) where he sits down during The Abduction.  I've seen him choose other seats to nuzzle. He might make eye contact with 2/4, but wouldn't have a way to come over to you.

I can't get TQ to come up, but if they're the seats I think they are, that would definitely be the best spot.

Updated On: 7/12/17 at 01:03 PM

elpielovesblackfish2 Profile Photo
elpielovesblackfish2
#355help choosing seats
Posted: 7/12/17 at 9:16pm

I know that it's completely random, but is there a certain part of the front mezz that would guarantee me a letter and/or perogie? Thanks!

Jish
#356help choosing seats
Posted: 7/13/17 at 1:13pm

elpielovesblackfish2 said: "I know that it's completely random, but is there a certain part of the front mezz that would guarantee me a letter and/or perogie? Thanks!"

I only sat front mezz once but I think the answer is no. For perogies I am pretty sure they just toss them around so it is about whether you get their attention and how much they like you.

Letters are pretty random - even on-stage it isn't the same seats each time. And in my experience it helps to be female help choosing seats

whizzer_wins Profile Photo
whizzer_wins
#357Dolokhov Letter
Posted: 7/13/17 at 8:54pm

Does anyone know the area where Nick Choksi (or whoever is playing Dolokhov) gives out a letter? 

leighmiserables  Profile Photo
leighmiserables
#358Dolokhov Letter
Posted: 7/13/17 at 10:10pm

whizzer_wins said: "Does anyone know the area where Nick Choksi (or whoever is playing Dolokhov) gives out a letter? "

I'm not sure, but if I had to guess it'd be the three bar seats on stage left, since he spends so much of the show in that area. 

Ahmy
#359Dolokhov Letter
Posted: 7/15/17 at 1:05am

I'm trying to decide between BC 23 and one of the seats in the SA or SB rows. (For the date I'm looking at they're the same price for some weird reason, so cost isn't going to be a deciding factor.) I've checked A View From My Seat, and it's hard to tell which location has better views.
I know letter opportunities are random, but I'm also wondering which sections Heath and Reed typically go to.

schubox
#360Dolokhov Letter
Posted: 7/15/17 at 1:10am

Jish said: "elpielovesblackfish2 said: "I know that it's completely random, but is there a certain part of the front mezz that would guarantee me a letter and/or perogie? Thanks!"

I only sat front mezz once but I think the answer is no. For perogies I am pretty sure they just toss them around so it is about whether you get their attention and how much they like you.

Letters are pretty random - even on-stage it isn't the same seats each time. And in my experience it helps to be female Dolokhov Letter

"

Definitely helps to be female. I got one once because I was on the edge of the banquettes. My gf got a letter both times we saw it, last time a guy walked passed two or three guys just to give her a letter 

10086Sundays
#361Dolokhov Letter
Posted: 7/15/17 at 11:37am

Ahmy said: "I'm trying to decide between BC 23 and one of the seats in the SA or SB rows. (For the date I'm looking at they're the same price for some weird reason, so cost isn't going to be a deciding factor.) I've checked A View From My Seat, and it's hard to tell which location has better views."

I've sat in BC 23 and would recommend it over the other locations.  There might be less interaction there, but a better view.

AlwaysDefyingGravity
#362Table TO
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:09pm

So for my next go round with Comet, I chose table TO. anyone have any comments for that table? I'm pretty excited about it! 

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#363Table TO
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:11pm

I caught the show for the 4th time yesterday, and I had the *best* seat out of all of the times I have seen the show. I was front mezz section 3 row D seat 1. It was the PERFECT view. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Jish
#364Table TO
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:18pm

AlwaysDefyingGravity said: "So for my next go round with Comet, I chose table TO. anyone have any comments for that table? I'm pretty excited about it! "

Table TO might be my favorite seats and I have been 7 times! Definitely the best for two people together.

The only downside I would say is that you have to swivel your neck quite a bit to capture the stuff that happens in the 360 degree arc around your table. Since the chairs don't swivel it can be a bit awkward.

But if you know the show and give yourself some space to physically pivot the chair on occasion it is amazing. Quite literally in the middle of all the action!

falsettoswasrobbed
#365Table TO
Posted: 7/17/17 at 5:43pm

irishgator1 said: "haterobics said: "Family visiting from out of town are Ingrid fans, so is there anywhere specific to sit where you get more Sonya track/attention? Never followed that track as closely in my previous visits..."

I think I'm repeating what someone else said, and I only have perspective from the banquettes, but...I've sat stage left, second to last row of banquettes and first row of banquettes, both center aisle and got good Sonya interaction.  She comes out and stands/talks to the upper banquettes before the show- when I was sitting there, she told the section it was her favorite seating and that she asked that her family be seated there when they came.  She also handed me a pierogi. 

When I sat in BA, she stations herself right next to you on the staircase quite often and looked a lot/sang to my husband, who had the aisle seat, which I would've been totally jealous, except that I got the cheek nuzzle/ear whisper from Lucas, so that made up for it laugh

"

I'VE BEEN DYING TO KNOW FOREVER WHAT DOES HE WHISPER

irishgator1
#366Table TO
Posted: 7/18/17 at 10:09am

falsettoswasrobbed said: "irishgator1 said: "haterobics said: "Family visiting from out of town are Ingrid fans, so is there anywhere specific to sit where you get more Sonya track/attention? Never followed that track as closely in my previous visits..."

I think I'm repeating what someone else said, and I only have perspective from the banquettes, but...I've sat stage left, second to last row of banquettes and first row of banquettes, both center aisle and got good Sonya interaction.  She comes out and stands/talks to the upper banquettes before the show- when I was sitting there, she told the section it was her favorite seating and that she asked that her family be seated there when they came.  She also handed me a pierogi. 

When I sat in BA, she stations herself right next to you on the staircase quite often and looked a lot/sang to my husband, who had the aisle seat, which I would've been totally jealous, except that I got the cheek nuzzle/ear whisper from Lucas, so that made up for it laugh

"

I'VE BEEN DYING TO KNOW FOREVER WHAT DOES HE WHISPER
"

I don't know what he's said to others (if he varies it or keeps it the same), but he very sexily growled in his Anatole voice, "I hope you are enjoying the show."  Then he slapped my husband hard on the back as if to thank him for sharing his wife for an all-too-brief moment.

whizzer_wins Profile Photo
whizzer_wins
#367Banquettes Row BE, stage right
Posted: 7/19/17 at 12:49am

Hi again! My friend doesn't have an account on here, but next week she's sitting in row BE, on the right, on the aisle!! Does anyone know what kind of interaction she can expect from here?

3GamesToLove
#368Banquettes Row BE, stage right
Posted: 7/25/17 at 4:52pm

On-stage ticket prices have dropped since Groban, and I noticed that Seats 3 and 4 at Table TR were available for August 1st at the same price as I spent on BA 9, 11. Called Telecharge and got them changed. I'm sure those banquette seats are fantastic but I couldn't turn down a table for the same price. Feels closest to the spirit of the original productions, too. So excited.

Rainah
#369Banquettes Row BE, stage right
Posted: 7/25/17 at 7:36pm

whizzer_wins said: "Hi again! My friend doesn't have an account on here, but next week she's sitting in row BE, on the right, on the aisle!! Does anyone know what kind of interaction she can expect from here?"

BE on the right I'd expect lots of Helene, great views on Marya's stuff, and lots of interactions with extras. Good Anatole stuff too, though nothing personal.

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#370Banquettes Row BE, stage right
Posted: 7/26/17 at 1:48pm

This Sunday matinee, I'll be sitting in orchestra right, row B on the aisle with my friend. They were about $95. Are these good seats for the show?  From what I'm reading - the closer to the stage doesn't mean better for this musical? 

schubox
#371Banquettes Row BE, stage right
Posted: 7/26/17 at 3:47pm

Which row does Anetole shove over and sit down next to? BC 23 or BD 23

Messytheatregirl
#372Banquettes Row BE, stage right
Posted: 7/26/17 at 3:55pm

BC23!!! lol

schubox
#373Banquettes Row BE, stage right
Posted: 7/26/17 at 3:56pm

Messytheatregirl said: "BC23!!! lol

"

Thank you! Going on a whim to catch Patinkin. And I love Lucas Steele so I wanted that experience. 

Messytheatregirl
#374Banquettes Row BE, stage right
Posted: 7/26/17 at 4:15pm

He has a lot of interaction with the first few rows of the banquette seats, so enjoy!