pixeltracker

Dear Evan Hansen Previews- Page 4

Dear Evan Hansen Previews

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#75Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 8:38am

The only seats available for my last planned NYC jaunt this year, I can only get extreme side orchestra in like H or so. Should that be an issue, ya think? Either side better?

Alternatively, I can just flip it to a good seat in the spring 2017.

Updated On: 11/15/16 at 08:38 AM

rjm516
#76Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 8:57am

What would you choose if your options were extreme sides of orch or higher in the mezz? 

HSky
#77Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 9:01am

Some of the biggest character moments for Evan occur house left but my personal choice if all the way to one side would be house right because of the angle looking across. I'm not sure being all the way house left would mean seeing a bit more of Evan's back during the show? 

BroadwayMomma
#78Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 9:17am

I'm not happy to hear row A is so close.  I originally had tickets further back and then called and switched them to the front row bc comments on here said it would be better in that front row at the Belasco.  Now it's too close at Music Box!  I guess I'll call and see if I can move back again.  

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#79Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 9:39am

Hmm, how would the house right box be? I am coming to town this weekend, so I can see if that is for sale at the box office? Unless that is not available for this production...

clb10162
#80Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 9:44am

Not available.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#81Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 10:06am

clb10162 said: "Not available."

D'oh!

Thanks.

BroadwayMomma
#82Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 11:00am

Telecharge let me switch them again to further back, but the seat price went up so I had to pay that difference.  Grrr.  Oh well.  

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#83Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/15/16 at 12:02pm

I'm thinking of trying to move from front row orch to front row mezz. How's the leg space in the front row mezz and do you still feel close to the actors? Or would you reccomend moving to row h of the orch?

pupscotch
#84Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 6:57am

Anyone know if they're doing rush/lottery/standing room? They haven't announced anything, but I know Shuffle Along did have standing room. Is it something they announce? Or do I just go to the box office and try to buy them?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#85Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 7:43am

Pretty sure DEH will have standing room. There were definitely people standing during the first preview. I'm assuming they were production staff but when the show opens it should be available for sale.  

AC126748 Profile Photo
AC126748
#86Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 8:09am

They will begin a digital lottery after opening night. The Music Box is equipped for standing room. Last night, the show was on TKTS for 50% off.

"You travel alone because other people are only there to remind you how much that hook hurts that we all bit down on. Wait for that one day we can bite free and get back out there in space where we belong, sail back over water, over skies, into space, the hook finally out of our mouths and we wander back out there in space spawning to other planets never to return hurrah to earth and we'll look back and can't even see these lives here anymore. Only the taste of blood to remind us we ever existed. The earth is small. We're gone. We're dead. We're safe." -John Guare, Landscape of the Body

illiniparkie Profile Photo
illiniparkie
#87Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 9:57am

My daughter saw it last night while she was in New York on business.  She enjoyed it very much and gave high praise to the cast, who brought out the humor in the well-written thoughtful script.  She loved the use of projections of social media pages.  Her single seat was in the center of the orchestra, which she thought provided a great view (purchased at TKTS for about $90).

orlikethecolorpurple
#88Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 11:42am

I've gotta say that while I think the social media elements are important, they are overused. I felt relieved in the few moments the screens weren't used. Also, the ambient notification noises pre-show were quite annoying. 

Minor quibbles to say the least. This show is profoundly moving. Steady stream of tears during the first and second act closers. Ben Platt is turning out a brilliant performance. I can't imagine anyone snatching the Tony from him.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#89Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 11:46am

Have I missed it, or has The Wiz not posted a review yet?

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

HGorn Profile Photo
HGorn
#90Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 12:04pm

Can someone that saw it either last night or Monday night let us know running time?  Thanks

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#91Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 12:07pm

HGorn said: "Can someone that saw it either last night or Monday night let us know running time?  Thanks

Monday night the show started a little after 8 and we got out around 10:30, I believe.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#92Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 12:08pm

Running time is listed as 2:20 including intermission.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#93Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 12:19pm

can someone explain the "virtual community voices"? These actors aren't in the show as they're not listed on the show's website? Haven't seen the show so I'm not aware of their involvement within the show.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#94Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 12:51pm

After Second Stage, they put out a call on their social media asking for people to hold up "You Will Be Found" signs.

https://twitter.com/dearevanhansen/status/786288534541828097

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

macnyc Profile Photo
macnyc
#95Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 12:57pm

Is that what the community voices are?

[[[[SLIGHT SPOILERS]]]]] I thought it was when the Evan video is going viral, and people's Facebook posts are projected onto the back of the stage, voices are heard, reading the posts. That's the way it was at Second Stage at least (I haven't seen the Broadway version yet), but the Playbill for the Second Stage production did have a credit for community voices.

slumdogdelaware Profile Photo
slumdogdelaware
#96Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 12:58pm

macnyc said: "Is that what the community voices are?

[[[[SLIGHT SPOILERS]]]]] I thought it was when the Evan video is going viral, and people's Facebook posts are projected onto the back of the stage, voices are heard, reading the posts. That's the way it was at Second Stage at least (I haven't seen the Broadway version yet), but the Playbill for the Second Stage production did have a credit for community voices.

"

^^ That's what I thought it was, too.

neonlightsxo
#97Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 1:07pm

Yes, that's correct.

talinatter Profile Photo
talinatter
#98Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 1:12pm

Community voices actually say lines whereas the "you will be found" video people don't really have a part cause there are hundreds of them. Also, they announced a cast album and lottery for December!

clb10162
#99Dear Evan Hansen Previews
Posted: 11/16/16 at 3:04pm

macnyc said: "Is that what the community voices are?

The Broadway Playbill also has credits for the Virtual Community Voices (many of whom are well known to NY theatergoers).

Videos