Gyllenhaal and Ashford to headline SUNDAY at The Hudson- Page 4

Gyllenhaal and Ashford to headline SUNDAY at The Hudson

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#75Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 3:36pm

^ Thanks!

Yeah, Telecharge is garbage. Lol

Anybody book Orchestra C 107-110? They're greyed out on the Hudson seating chart...

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#76Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 3:52pm

Telecharge said there were no tickets available for my dates.  Went direct to theatre website and got it! Thanks again to all of you who guide me to the best places to buy tickets.

I'm so happy and feel so grateful to be in town for this!!!!

Merry Christmas to us!!!!  

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#77Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 3:53pm

This Hudson Theater ticket website is P E R F E C T. I wish more theaters would get something similar. I agree that Telecharge is crap. I nabbed seats quickly and without stress. Sometimes I just give up on the other major ticketing sites.

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#78Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 4:09pm

I've legitimately never bought tickets this quickly for something in my life. I can't believe it's actually happening.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

binau Profile Photo
binau
#79Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 4:17pm

Wtf. We are SO lucky this season. I can't believe it. War Paint, Hello Dolly, Dear Evan, Sunday, Sunset, Groundhog Day, etc. etc. - I can't get over this. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

binau Profile Photo
binau
#80Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 4:22pm

I know I always do this but if Rashad isn't available it would be nostalgic if Bernadette plays the mother. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

binau Profile Photo
binau
#81Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 4:33pm

The final performance is selling quickly. If people want good seats you should buy ASAP.

showchoirguy Profile Photo
showchoirguy
#82Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 4:39pm

I got my tickets ASAP. I cannot wait!

LimelightMike Profile Photo
LimelightMike
#83Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 4:44pm

Lucked out with the final seat in Row C.

Going on Sondheim's birthday! :)

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#84Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:02pm

I've never seen this show in any capacity. 

Are there any disadvantages to sitting on the side sections? They seem to be slightly cheaper. 

Cape Twirl of Doom Profile Photo
Cape Twirl of Doom
#85Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:10pm

Ahhhhh just bought a ticket for Sondheim's birthday date. My favorite musical yes!!

"It's Phantom meets Hamlet... Phamlet!"

PalJoey Profile Photo
PalJoey
#86Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:15pm

Sometimes there's God so quickly.

Dancingthrulife2 Profile Photo
Dancingthrulife2
#87Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:16pm

For those wondering about the ticketing system, it's ATG's own system, which most ATG's west end shows use.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#88Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:16pm

As others have said, this is also the fastest I've ever purchased tickets, but that might have something to do with the announcement being made the day ticket sales started instead of the announcement being made a few weeks prior. I'm so happy this will be running during my trip.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#89Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:51pm

I saw the posting at lunch and ran back to my classroom to get tickets instead of eating.  I'm a teacher, so I basically have 6 minutes to myself at lunch.  

This took priority over many things.  I love the show dearly and I realize this most likely will not be a definitive version, but I'm seeing this for the experience.  We've earned this.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#90Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:54pm

There is no possible way I can get there to see it, but a friend of mine just booked tickets for herself.  She is no longer welcome in my home.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#91Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 5:57pm

I am dying.  Tried to buy ticket this afternoon, and it wouldn't go through.  Turns out,card was flagged for 'suspicious activity' and they closed the card down.  I get it: safety....but I had JUST used the card!  All fixed and in 2-3 minutes, I should be able to grab a few tickets for April!

Side questions: the tickets I TRIED to buy a few hours ago are mysteriously gone -- but all the seats around it are still there...a weird glitch or coincidence?  It's been a few hours since it was denied.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

stlrod
#92Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 6:00pm

Some of you had better luck than me on the Hudson website.  Took 3 tries to get tickets (messed up expiration dates and system wouldn't let me change cards.). Got tickets and accidentally deleted them.  Can't get a live person to fix and emails bounce back.  At least I have some time to get it worked out.  This and The Great Comet in same day once I do.

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#93Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 6:15pm

"Side questions: the tickets I TRIED to buy a few hours ago are mysteriously gone -- but all the seats around it are still there...a weird glitch or coincidence? "

I had the same issue when using the ATG site for the London run of Dreamgirls yesterday when the ipad I was using wasn't allowing the payment validation page to load. I switched to my computer but the tickets I had reserved remained blocked (by me by on a separate basket) so I had to switch back to the ipad to manually release them. For memory they were held for 60 minutes so not sure if this was a glitch if your initial attempt was longer than 1hour before - I suppose there is the chance that they were just sold to another customer. 

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#94Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 6:22pm

Thanks to all who directed to the Hudson site! I cannot believe how much easier and well-organized it was. I went to buy tickets within 30 minutes of the announcement and Telecharge was showing almost no seats for the dates I was considering. Went over to Hudson and there were plenty! Thanks again. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#95Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 6:29pm

Seems to be a coincidence....when the time elapsed for my card to be cleared, I noticed some other changes.  Not a big deal, only two seats away.

I am so freaking giddy about this.   Perhaps a does of Bernadette and Mandy are in order!

Happy Holidays to all!!!!!!!

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#96Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 6:46pm

This is absolutely beautiful news!!

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#97Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 7:18pm

Delete

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.
Updated On: 12/13/16 at 07:18 PM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#98Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 7:19pm

I'd guess and say this sells out its entire 10 week run.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ljay889 Profile Photo
ljay889
#99Gyllenhaal and Ashford to open SUNDAY at The Hudson
Posted: 12/13/16 at 7:22pm

I bet it will. A Sondheim show deserves this kind of success. I think it will have the excitement of the Night Music revival, if not more.