pixeltracker

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical- Page 3

THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#50THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/27/17 at 1:07pm

I think Rudnick is an inspired choice to adapt this.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#51THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/27/17 at 1:21pm

Maybe Shanice WIlliams as Andi?

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

Wilmingtom
#52THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/27/17 at 2:22pm

I'm with those who question whether Miranda is a character who innately sings.  Music doesn't seem to be the right metaphor for her.  Maybe one number late in the show, mostly about her regrets and loneliness, but I don't see her doing production numbers and singing snappy ditties.  That's a hard nut to crack - a musical where your central character isn't involved in the musical numbers.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#53THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/27/17 at 3:10pm

sparepart973 said: "I would love to see Sherie Rene Scott as Miranda. And an actual recent college/conservatory grad as Andy and not a 30something woman a la Osnes playing a 23 year old. "

So Phillipa Soo should play Andy.

I'm among those unsure of whether Elton is the right choice for this show. I actually think this may have been a show up Cyndi Lauper's alley.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

A Canadian in NYC Profile Photo
A Canadian in NYC
#54THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/27/17 at 3:14pm

gypsy101 said: "sparepart973 said: "I would love to see Sherie Rene Scott as Miranda. And an actual recent college/conservatory grad as Andy and not a 30something woman a la Osnes playing a 23 year old. "

So Phillipa Soo should play Andy.

I'm among those unsure of whether Elton is the right choice for this show. I actually think this may have been a show up Cyndi Lauper's alley.

I think Sara Bareilles would have also been an interesting choice.  

"

rattleNwoolypenguin
#55THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/27/17 at 4:15pm

To quote Drowsy Chaperone,

"Please Elton John, must we continue this charade?"

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#56THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 12:05am

I grow weary of the token gay man but at least in the movie Stanley Tucci was 'slightly' masculine with feminine overtones. Why not an 'obvious masculine lesbian'?---don't know the correct term, but I suppose the effeminate male is more amusing and universally accepted.

Tony Sheldon would be perfection[as the latter].

GreasedLightning Profile Photo
GreasedLightning
#57THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 12:22am

SweetLips said: "I grow weary of the token gay man but at least in the movie Stanley Tucci was 'slightly' masculine with feminine overtones. Why not an 'obvious masculine lesbian'?---don't know the correct term, but I suppose the effeminate male is more amusing and universally accepted.

Tony Sheldon would be perfection[as the latter].

"

Ugh. Could not see Sheldon playing the Tucci role. All wrong. 

Preistly, though... perhaps THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#58THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 2:44am

Ashley Park would make a very likable Andy. 

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#59THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 11:35am

Assistants to Editors in Chief wouldn't be fresh out of college anyway, so I skewing older is fine by me

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#60THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 11:44am

Alison Luff would be splendid as Andy.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GreasedLightning
#61THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 11:54am

BroadwayNYC2 said: "Assistants to Editors in Chief wouldn't be fresh out of college anyway, so I skewing older is fine by me

"

Sure, but in the movie she was, wasn't she? 

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#62THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 11:59am

Elton John is intriguing.  I agree with someone else that Cyndi Lauper could have done a brilliant job with this.

Patti Lupone as Miranda would be perfection.  I also agree that Phillipa Soo would make a lovely Andy.  I don't know how large the role would be, but I could see Laura Benanti making an incredible Emily and I could see Danny Burstein playing Nigel.

hork Profile Photo
hork
#63THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 4:51pm

This could be good. Paul Rudnick is hilarious. But then again, he also wrote Marci X.

Broadwaywest Profile Photo
Broadwaywest
#64THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 5:17pm

Kinda surprised no one has said Dove Cameron yet for Emily.

As for Miranda, someone like Laura Bennati would be terrific, not sure if she is too young.

Whateverjsays
#65THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 5:26pm

What about Ramin Karimloo or Brian d'Arcy James as Nigel? 

I think Samantha Barks would also make a good Emily

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#66THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/28/17 at 5:46pm

SweetLips said: "Why not an 'obvious masculine lesbian'?---don't know the correct term, but I suppose the effeminate male is more amusing and universally accepted."

the term is "butch"

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#67THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/29/17 at 1:43am

Thanks gypsy101, I was going to put the 'd' word after your word but in this politically correct world I refrained from both and decided to act [more] dumb.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#68THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/29/17 at 2:05am

I don't know, dude. That role belongs to a gay man. Give me Tituss Burgess.

Dove Cameron is a brilliant suggestion for Emily! I repeat - Heather Headley for Miranda.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

MoDance0934 Profile Photo
MoDance0934
#69THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/29/17 at 6:06pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Alison Luff would be splendid as Andy.

Is it bad to say that I completely forgot about Alison Luff? She is one of my favorite actresses. I think she'd portray a likable Andy.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#70THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/29/17 at 6:50pm

Some have suggested Miranda having little or no singing. An intriguing idea, and if they go that way, Allison Janney would be fantastic. 

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

GreasedLightning
#71THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical
Posted: 1/29/17 at 7:22pm

I'm picturing Helen Mirren doing the famous Miranda lines for fun and it's an exciting vision. 

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#72THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical - DREAM CASTING
Posted: 1/30/17 at 5:10pm

Sherie Rene Scott for Miranda

Anna Leigh Ashford for Andy 

and Emily Padget for Emily.

OR... some talented women of color. Surely we can switch it up. Audra McDonald as Miranda???? Lea Salonga as Miranda????? Lea Salonga would be sooooooooo fierce in this role cause she's already kind of a diva. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#73THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical - DREAM CASTING
Posted: 1/30/17 at 7:35pm

Beth Malone for Andy?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

AEA AGMA SM
#74THE DEVIL WEARS PRADA: The Musical - DREAM CASTING
Posted: 1/31/17 at 12:54am

Valentina3 said: "Beth Malone for Andy?"

Really? No offense to Beth Malone, but she's currently just a couple years shy of 50. I'm not sure how you could make that work with a character who's supposed to be in her mid-20s at most.

Videos