pixeltracker

Theater district restaurant suggestions?- Page 2

Theater district restaurant suggestions?

MCfan2 Profile Photo
MCfan2
#25Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/25/17 at 2:02pm

Seconding John's Pizzeria. The food is great and the surroundings really nice. I always try to get there when I'm in NYC.

carolinaguy Profile Photo
carolinaguy
#26Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/25/17 at 3:19pm

I really enjoy The Bar Downstairs at the Andaz Hotel for tapas just across from the library on 5th Ave. It's a little bit out of the crush of dinner in the theatre district, but it's not a bad walk at all back to the Shubert Alley area houses. On Hotel Row on 44th, the Blue Bar at the Algonquin has an amazing tomato soup and grilled cheese, and Kellari on the same block is great Mediterranean.

Just remembering you've had an "and" When you're back to "or" Makes the "or" mean more than it did before

mar6411
#27Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/25/17 at 4:01pm

Shout out to Stage Door Sally.  After reading her recommendation, I went to Chaan Teng with my sister in April and we both very much enjoyed - definitely would go back.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#28Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/25/17 at 4:08pm

Try Hell's Kitchen up 8th at 51st,   Mexican, but modern.   Try the brussel sprout taco...really.  One of the singularly best things I've ever eaten.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#29Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/25/17 at 4:53pm

Shout out to Stage Door Sally. After reading her recommendation, I went to Chaan Teng with my sister in April and we both very much enjoyed - definitely would go back.

So glad you liked it!!  

Leah Robertson
#30Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/25/17 at 4:56pm

I used this thread when planning our Spring Break trip.

Carmines was delicious. It was raining, so instead of exploring the city as we'd planned, we  went earlier than our reservation (around 11:30 am I think) and were seated immediately. We ordered chicken parm and lasagna for 4 people, one who is a really big eater. It was just the right amount.

Joe Allen. We got something like creme brulee stuffed French toast. My daughter says when she's famous and gets to be on the Food Network show "The Best Thing I Ever Ate" this is what she will talk about. Theater district restaurant suggestions?

Sardis. We had a great view of Hello Dolly, which was exciting because we were seeing the show later that evening. The food was good, not spectacular. But we ordered steak, not pasta.

We had Juniors for dessert twice. My husband ate dinner there while we were seeing a show and liked it. He also ate at Guy Fieris place and liked it too.

This was our second trip and both times John's Pizzeria came highly recommended, but I wanted to eat in Little Italy. So much food, so little time. Theater district restaurant suggestions? Next trip it's at the top of my list, replacing Sardis.

madbrian Profile Photo
madbrian
#31Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/25/17 at 9:24pm

I always recommend Trattoria Trecolori, on W47th. Great food at very reasonable prices. Gone there several times with different groups, and all have been impressed. 

"It does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are 20 gods or no god. It neither picks my pocket, nor breaks my leg." -- Thomas Jefferson

bandit964 Profile Photo
bandit964
#32Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 10:56am

GYU KAKU all the way.  

321 W 44th St.  

Sit at the bar.  They have the cheapest deals for good bites in midtown, IMO.  Plus, the bar holds over 20 people.

Updated On: 7/28/17 at 10:56 AM

KathyNYC2
#33Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 12:15pm

madbrian said: "I always recommend Trattoria Trecolori, on W47th. Great food at very reasonable prices. Gone there several times with different groups, and all have been impressed. 

"

I was just going to say the same thing. It's much better than Carmines or Johns pizza if you want Italian food and it's s little quieter environment.    

As a rule, if you walk up to 9th avenue, you'll find better restaurants than those in the heart of the theater district. Smaller, less hectic but still crowded so plan accordingly. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#34Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 12:38pm

If you like southern/cajun  food and great service, I highly recommend Bourbon St Grill on 46th (between 8th and 9th). 346 West 46th. Excellent!!! (my only complaint - they don't serve fried okra any more!) 

bourbonny.com

Phantom4ever
#35Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 1:01pm

I love Two Boots Pizza on 9th Avenue just north of 44. It's cheap and quick.

I also like Daniela's Trattoria on 8th Avenue between 45 and 46. My favorite Italian dish is penne vodka and they are one of the few places in New York city that can make it well.  

Mercury Bar on 9th Avenue between 45 and 46 is great for bar food (nachos, burgers, etc). 

Vnyl restaurant and 9th Avenue and 51 is great for the atmosphere and the burgers. 

I like Gotham Pizza on 8th and 51.  Great slices.

Don Antonio at 50th and 8th Av is another great pizza place. 

Cosmic Diner at 8th Avenue at 53 is a great option for a cheap diner lunch/dinner

But my favorite thing to eat in New York City is deli food.  I love going to any random deli and asking the guy behind the counter to create a custom sandwich for me. 

One place I would NOT recommend is Galaxy diner at 9th Avenue and 46. Probably the only time I actually could not take another bite of my food because it was so gross. 

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#36Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 1:46pm

I second Vinyl for their burgers and shakes! 

Stage Door Sally Profile Photo
Stage Door Sally
#37Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/26/17 at 5:48pm

Sardi's is pretty much good for a drink in the upstairs bar. But food is iffy. They do have an actor's menu for show business people which helps with the budget. And that's good too. But otherwise, generally speaking, eat elsewhere.

broadwaysfguy
#38Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 6:33pm

thank you guys for johns on 44th

had not been there in 10 years and still as great as i 

remembered it

flawlessly executed marguerita with perfect thin crust $15 and worth every penny

broadwaysfguy
#39Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 6:41pm

briciola at 371 west 51st was fantastic italian dishes done tapas style

great food expertly prepared 

$26 get you two plates an appetizer and a pasta that is definitely a full meal

large bar in one room and familt seating in the other so great for individuals seeing shows

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#40Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 6:52pm

Love Haru on 43rd for sushi. Enjoy the show!! 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#41Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:35pm

CassandraReads said: "Love Haru on 43rd for sushi. Enjoy the show!! 

"

Haru's not bad but we prefer these days Blue Fin for Sushi 

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#42Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/27/17 at 8:36pm

David10086 said: "I second Vinyl for their burgers and shakes! 

"

Shake Shack rocks for that but the seating and waiting on line is terrible!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#43Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 7/28/17 at 2:05pm

PANDA EXPRESS on 9th & 46th.  You might meet Ben!

Marianne2 Profile Photo
Marianne2
#44Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 8/12/17 at 1:19pm

Bumping this up for a new place I liked. This is if you are just looking for something quick and don't need to sit as there are just counters and no seats. It's Los Tacos No. 1 on West 43rd across from the rear entrances of the Lyric and American Airlines theatres.  The quesadilla was fantastic.  And the salsa was really good too. Again,  they don't have a very extensive menu,  but you can get some good tacos for less than $5. And it also wasn't very crowded considering it was around lunch time when I went.

"I don't want the pretty lights to come and get me."-Homecoming 2005 "You can't pray away the gay."-Callie Torres on Grey's Anatomy. Ignored Users: suestorm, N2N Nate., Owen22, master bates

MadonnaMusical Profile Photo
MadonnaMusical
#45Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 8/13/17 at 9:09pm

Juniors duh! Theater district restaurant suggestions?

Dave13 Profile Photo
Dave13
#46Theater district restaurant suggestions?
Posted: 8/14/17 at 12:15am

My favorites. 

Hells Kitchen Mexican restaurant 

B Squared  Great Pizza

Juniors. 

Victors Cafe. Great Cuban Food 

Not to be confused with Dave19.