pixeltracker

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews- Page 28

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#675CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/20/17 at 10:07am

This bloated sense of entitlement that comes with buying a ticket is really starting to become ridiculous. You bought a ticket to see a show. The ticket does not include a backstage pass, an autograph, or personal time with the cast. After the show ends, you are owed absolutely nothing. 

Do you feel the same after a concert? If you spend $250/person to go see Beyoncé, are you pissed when she flies away in her copter before shaking your hand and signing your tshirt?

if you tweet your love for some artist, are you pissed when they don't give you a response?

I don't understand why anyone feels entitled to more than they paid for.

I also love hearing these one-sided stories about sad interactions with various actors. Every time I read them I keep laughing and thinking about what a creeper the poster must have been and how the interaction was probably wildly inappropriate to begin with.

Everyone needs to just chill out and read the fine print when they buy a ticket. You paid to see a show - nothing more. You are not special because of this. You are owed nothing. And if you're disappointed in some artist not fawning over you in the same way you fawn over her/him, remember the well-worn saying, "Never meet your heros."

BroadwayBeebe
#676CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/20/17 at 10:20am

Just want to correct the fact that Jackie Hoffman DID come out the stage door on Tuesday night after the performance, but did not interact unless spoken to directly. We ran to the end of the line to catch her after we saw her walk by and before she got to us she had stopped and signed for someone else in line who asked. She talked to us for about 5 minutes and was happy to take a picture. She was even more delighted when she realized we were fans of her stage career and not just her recent rise on "Feud". I adore her so much and finally meeting her was better than I imagined.

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#677CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/20/17 at 10:30am

tmbyru said: "I think paying high prices for shows means you can get over being shy and come out and sign my Playbill. I won't even make eye contact."

This is why we keep calling millennials "entitled." 

Broadway World's Fireman.

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#678CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/20/17 at 10:33am

Yup, only millennials have ever gone to the stage door or wanted face-time with a celebrity. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

Nycat63
#679CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/20/17 at 10:44am

wonderfulwizard11 said: "Yup, only millennials have ever gone to the stage door or wanted face-time with a celebrity. 

There's a big difference between enjoying the interaction/stagedooring and believing the actors should feel obligated to come out.  I am definitely not a millennial and stagedoor only because I'm always with my teenage daughter who enjoys it and wants to get into theater. I'm a former actor and like to express my own appreciation since I'm already there, not take selfies or anything ridiculous. And neither of us, not even my millennial, feels entitled or gets angry when someone doesn't come out.  We may be disappointed but that's our right. It also doesn't make us creepy.  I think some of the venom on here against stagedooring is awfully misplaced and mean. I personally took the comment from the poster who said for the price of the ticket they should come out with a grain of salt...it could have been a tongue in cheek remark.  Let it go, guys.  

wonderfulwizard11 Profile Photo
wonderfulwizard11
#680CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/20/17 at 10:59am

My point wasn't that people aren't entitled at stagedoors, but that it's lazy to act like younger people are the first to invent it. 

I am a firm believer in serendipity- all the random pieces coming together in one wonderful moment, when suddenly you see what their purpose was all along.

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#681CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/20/17 at 11:04am

Getting back on topic:

The show is most likely frozen now. Was anyone there last night or going tonight? (Or are they dark tonight before opening on Sunday) Any last minute changes?

finebydesign Profile Photo
finebydesign
#682CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/20/17 at 11:14am

Wow, is that seriously the Chocolate room?  Talk about underwhelming... In the original film set was designed by a well-known imagineer (Harper Goff) who asked the director not to show the cast the set until it was actually shot.  The big library reveal in the tour Beauty and the Beast had more scale.  Interesting choice here... I feel that skimping here could actually hurt that show.

Interview with Harper Goff

http://www.wdwradio.com/2016/02/wdw-radio-436-disney-legend-harper-goff/

chernjam Profile Photo
chernjam
#683CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:00am

So on my facebook feed an ad for Charlie just popped up: Wonka ticket with "GET GREAT SEATS AVAILABLE IN MAY AND JUNE" - Guess they see their advance is disappearing and want people to buy tix before reviews come out

tmbyru Profile Photo
tmbyru
#684CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:12am

Nycat63 said: "wonderfulwizard11 said: "Yup, only millennials have ever gone to the stage door or wanted face-time with a celebrity. 

There's a big difference between enjoying the interaction/stagedooring and believing the actors should feel obligated to come out.  I am definitely not a millennial and stagedoor only because I'm always with my teenage daughter who enjoys it and wants to get into theater. I'm a former actor and like to express my own appreciation since I'm already there, not take selfies or anything ridiculous. And neither of us, not even my millennial, feels entitled or gets angry when someone doesn't come out.  We may be disappointed but that's our right. It also doesn't make us creepy.  I think some of the venom on here against stagedooring is awfully misplaced and mean. I personally took the comment from the poster who said for the price of the ticket they should come out with a grain of salt...it could have been a tongue in cheek remark.  Let it go, guys.  
"

Thanks nycat63... my post WAS totally a joke to go with the post about Christian not being so shy at the bar. Glad someone got it and hesitated from immediately hating. LOL And I really appreciate all the other posters for calling me a millennial... really makes me sound way younger than I really am. 

Updated On: 4/21/17 at 12:12 AM

Tiann Nerng Chong
#685CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:25am

tmbyru said: "Nycat63 said: "wonderfulwizard11 said: "Yup, only millennials have ever gone to the stage door or wanted face-time with a celebrity. 

"

Thanks nycat63... my post WAS totally a joke to go with the post about Christian not being so shy at the bar. Glad someone got it and hesitated from immediately hating. LOL And I really appreciate all the other posters for calling me a millennial... really makes me sound way younger than I really am. 

"

just so you know, my meme response was also tongue-in-cheek. I just felt like posting another Gene Wilder Willy Wonka meme. lol.

brdway411
#686CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 12:29am

NYTimes A second Bite of the Wonka Bar

For those curious about what is going on with the show as far as casting and why it was scaled down also there are only 3 producers. Read the link above. As for the kids being played by adults, they save money because they don't have to have many kids for the roles and they save on the tutors for the kids. There are 3 Charlies, They say that with the adults playing the roles they can make their deaths more dark. 

Updated On: 4/21/17 at 12:29 AM

Nycat63
#687CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 9:32am

Tiann Nerng Chong said: "tmbyru said: "Nycat63 said: "wonderfulwizard11 said: "Yup, only millennials have ever gone to the stage door or wanted face-time with a celebrity. 

"

"

just so you know, my meme response was also tongue-in-cheek. I just felt like posting another Gene Wilder Willy Wonka meme. lol.

No problem tmbyru.  

The memes were fabulous.  

"

kellyhallo
#688CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 4:04pm

New article just posted in Vogue that discusses the set design:

http://www.vogue.com/article/charlie-and-the-chocolate-factory-broadway-musical-actor-christian-borle

"The Broadway production seeks to avoid the more expected, linear progression from room to room, in favor of a set for the factory as protean and magical as Wonka himself. “We do it basically in one room—it’s like a sort of modern opera box, very plain,” Thompson says. “Things change within it.”"

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#689CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 5:16pm

Did LimelightMike even bother doing a "Reviews" thread for this? Lol

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#690CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 5:48pm

It doesn't open until Sunday, so there won't be a review thread until then. 

Updated On: 4/21/17 at 05:48 PM

CindersGolightly Profile Photo
CindersGolightly
#691CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 6:39pm

It's getting a cast recording! Thank goodness. Now I won't be anxious about it closing without one. Can't wait to hear Padgett's performance be preserved!

They/them. "Get up the nerve to be all you deserve to be."

MaddieBB12 Profile Photo
MaddieBB12
#692CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 6:55pm

It will be interesting to see how they break up the Charlies for the recording. Matilda style? Pick one out of a hat? One does the Tonys, one does Opening Night, and one does the recording?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#693CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 6:57pm

The album for London had one Charlie singing on the album. So I'd suspect they'd use one for the Broadway album.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#695CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 9:17pm

Very very tiny set, wow

evic
#696CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 9:22pm

Some shows reek of flop from clips- just as Tuck Everlasting clips reeked....so do the clips of Charlie.  Borle seems too ...ummm- normal? And no choreography to show?  It looks colorful enough but certainly not at all exciting.  In fact, it looks DULL.  Monday is the day of reckoning.  

Littleshopofcarrie Profile Photo
Littleshopofcarrie
#697CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 9:57pm

I thought the clips looked good and fun. After reading such horrid reviews on here I'm not as excited to see this show anymore, but still am interested to check it out.

UncleCharlie
#698CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/21/17 at 10:00pm

I'm not feeling the "adults dressed up as kids" thing at all.

VintageSnarker
#699CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews
Posted: 4/22/17 at 4:37am

evic said: "Some shows reek of flop from clips- just as Tuck Everlasting clips reeked....so do the clips of Charlie.  Borle seems too ...ummm- normal? And no choreography to show?  It looks colorful enough but certainly not at all exciting.  In fact, it looks DULL.  Monday is the day of reckoning.  

I actually thought they did a pretty good job disguising the size and scope of the set with all the tight shots. Also, shooting upwards to make things appear grander. I still feel comfortable skipping this show but whoever shot the commercial certainly had a plan and if I hadn't read the reports here, I might have been fooled. 

Videos