pixeltracker

'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018- Page 5

'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#100'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/30/18 at 1:39pm

Until January of last year, I thought America was finally getting it right.  The Bigot-in-Chief has set a tone that racism is OK.  Barr is following his lead.  Within just the past few hours, both of them have sent disgusting "poor me" tweets.  What's next?  Is bigotry the new acceptable norm?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#101'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/30/18 at 4:55pm

Shame on Barr for bashing her cast members. It's her fault 200 people are out of a job.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#102'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/30/18 at 5:43pm

Agreed. I read some twitter responses to her cast members' tweets from her stans (yes I called them stans for a reason) and lord. They think Michael Fishman and Sara Gilbert were wrong to tweet what they did and that they should be eternally grateful to Roseanne. So because she hired them as child actors, they are beholden to her forever and should be loyal to her no matter what vile and disgusting things she says and how she acts? I mean I didn't know that was an act of charity rather than a business decision to ensure her show had great child actors to ensure her show could be a success. I'm sure there was some sort of familial connection as they were so young when they started the show and maybe saw Roseanne as some sort of maternal figure and she in-turn saw them as children that she also needed to protect in her limited capacity as the leader of the show. Maybe the stans are trying to express the hurt Roseanne may be feeling like one of those self-centered, narcissistic mothers who can't take it when their children have minds of their own and calls you out on your crap. Even if they felt like family and thus Roseanne has feelings of betrayal, that doesn't mean they should just be blindly loyal to her especially when she acts like a POS. Advocating for that sort of blind loyalty is how societies crumble.

Updated On: 5/30/18 at 05:43 PM

Rumpelstiltskin Profile Photo
Rumpelstiltskin
#103'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/30/18 at 7:43pm

In her own defense Roseanne tweeted today “I honestly thought she was Jewish and Persian” in regards to Valerie Jarrett.  Can someone smarter than me please explain why she thought that made her remarks less offensive?

Updated On: 5/30/18 at 07:43 PM

henrikegerman Profile Photo
henrikegerman
#104'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/30/18 at 7:59pm

Not making excuses.  There is no excuse.

But does anyone happen to know if there such a thing as compulsive provocation... is it in the DSM?

ArtMan
#105'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/30/18 at 8:18pm

Not an excuse for her tweet.  But the manufacture of ambien aren't giving full disclosure of the side effects of their drug.  I am guilty of taking the drug too much to help me sleep.  I have actually gone on this site and attempted to type something while under the influence.  I learned of this by seeing my user name with a very early in the morning post.  I had zero memory of  logging in and attempting to type.  The mods had to tell me that it was not a deleted post.   

bethnor
#106'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/31/18 at 3:27am

ArtMan said: "Not an excuse for her tweet. But the manufacture of ambien aren't giving full disclosure of the side effects of their drug. I am guilty of taking the drug too much to help me sleep. I have actually gone on this site and attempted to type something while under the influence. I learned of this by seeing my user name with a very early in the morning post. I had zero memory of logging in and attempting to type. The mods had to tell me that it was not a deleted post."

a healthy distrust of major pharmaceuticals is a good thing, and it certainly wasn't a known thing when zolpidem first hit the market, but its wonky side-effects are well publicized at this point.  it's well described where people on zolpidem will go sleep walking and accomplish very complex activities (i.e., driving).  it's a good reason not to take it unless you absolutely need to (true of all drugs). 

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#107'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/31/18 at 9:10am

ArtMan said: "Not an excuse for her tweet. But the manufacture of ambien aren't giving full disclosure of the side effects of their drug. I am guilty of taking the drug too much to help me sleep. I have actually gone on this site and attempted to type something while under the influence. I learned of this by seeing my user name with a very early in the morning post. I had zero memory of logging in and attempting to type. The mods had to tell me that it was not a deleted post."

Yeah these side effects are pretty well known at this point. I had a friend who took an Ambien on a flight to France and woke up in his hotel room without any recollection of getting off the plane and making it to his hotel.

But...my guess is when you woke up in the middle of the night to post on BWW you were not posting a racist manifesto.

ArtMan
#108'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/31/18 at 9:23am

ErikJ972 said: "ArtMan said: "Not an excuse for her tweet. But the manufacture of ambien aren't giving full disclosure of the side effects of their drug. I am guilty of taking the drug too much to help me sleep. I have actually gone on this site and attempted to type something while under the influence. I learned of this by seeing my user name with a very early in the morning post. I had zero memory of logging in and attempting to type. The mods had to tell me that it was not a deleted post."

Yeah these side effects are pretty well known at this point. I had a friend who took an Ambien on a flight to France and woke up in his hotel room without any recollection of getting off the plane and making it to his hotel.

But...my guess is when you woke up in the middle of the night to post on BWW you were not posting a racist manifesto.
"

I agree with everything you say.  But who knows what I would have typed?  It could have been just a bunch of random letters and numbers.  Or something actually readable that could have been either positive or negative.  My original post was that we the consumer know about the side effects of ambien and we have all heard stories.  But the manufacturer conveniently sweeps the really serious effects under the rug.  When someone is actually driving a car in their sleep and has no recollection of doing so, that is some serious stuff we are ingesting.  I have tried to take breaks from it...but always seem to go back to it.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#109'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/31/18 at 9:35am

I have no doubt that Roseanne's lifestyle and her on-again/off-again inconsistent treatment of her mental illness has contributed to her online behavior. However, that's a choice she has decided to make and she's been posted and tweeting horrible rants for many years now and it's not like she would be taken by surprise that doing what she is doing may result in her lacking impulse control to simply go off. If she's refusing to get real help then she's responsible for her actions. Ambien just made a quick response and I don't think it's meant to be entirely comprehensive. Though the lines have been blurred regarding Roseanne's thoughts when she's properly treating whatever it is that she has and when she's not, considering the consistency and rate of what she has posted these past few years, I think we know Roseanne's feelings on things and Ambien did not cause that.

ErikJ972 Profile Photo
ErikJ972
#110'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/31/18 at 10:32am

I agree ArtMan. But I don't think there have been cases of people on Ambien doing things they wouldn't normally do when not on Ambien. At least not to my knowledge.

But you're right, they are not exactly forthcoming about all of the side effects.

artscallion Profile Photo
artscallion
#111'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/31/18 at 12:23pm

I think they've been pretty forthcoming with side effects. Following comes directly from the side effects warning label for brand name Ambien:

Ambien may cause serious side effects, including:

. after taking Ambien, you may get up out of bed while not being fully awake and do an activity that you do not know you are doing. The next morning, you may not remember that you did anything during the night. You have a higher chance for doing these activities if you drink alcohol or take other medicines that make you sleepy with Ambien. Reported activities include:

-driving a car (sleep driving)

-making and eating food

-talking on the phone

-having sex

-sleep-walking

other side effects:

outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal, confusion, agitation, hallucinations, worsening of depression, and suicidal thoughts or actions, memory loss, anxiety.

Also listed are a score of possible physical side effects.

Art has a double face, of expression and illusion.

Cat Guy Profile Photo
Cat Guy
#112'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 5/31/18 at 1:26pm

I looked at a couple of websites regarding Ambien.  It is prescribed for insomnia.  One of the possible side effects is insomnia.

Updated On: 5/31/18 at 01:26 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#113'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/5/18 at 12:05am

Just take melatonin. 

I don't understand the hate towards "The muslim neighbors episode." That is something I see DAILY in this country, and I think it's an issue that should be attacked. People STILL don't understand that WE ARE ALL THE F*CKING SAME. So I think it's cool that they showed that. I'm from the South and have so many people who still have this mindset. I thought it was good to show that hey, they're freaking wrong, they shouldn't judge them based off of this or that. It's was a classic sitcom episode. 

I get that she's bat-**** crazy, but I do think the series was doing good for the country. Calling out Trump supporters on their issues - sexism, racism, sexuality - and showing them that we're all the friggin' same, so don't judge. 

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#114'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/5/18 at 8:05am

"Calling out Trump supporters on their issues - sexism, racism, sexuality - and showing them that we're all the friggin' same, so don't judge."

No, I don't think we are all "the friggin' same." Some people have a firmer grasp of the difference between right and wrong than others. Godwin's Rule be damned, but Trump supporters are just Nazis waving a different flag.

Luscious Profile Photo
Luscious
#115'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/6/18 at 2:07pm

newintown said: "...Trump supporters are just Nazis waving a different flag."

And it's exactly that type of thinking that's going to lose the Democrats the next election. Not all Trump supporters are Nazis or white supremacists. Blanket statements like that is what fuels the right and angers Republicans, conservatives and Trump supporters alike into voting against their own, and the country's, best interests. Call out racists and racism? Absolutely! But please don't generalize and dump every Trump supporter into that category. It certainly isn't going to win over any hearts and minds.

Updated On: 6/6/18 at 02:07 PM

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#116'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/6/18 at 3:25pm

"And it's exactly that type of thinking that's going to lose the Democrats the next election. Not all Trump supporters are Nazis or white supremacists. Blanket statements like that is what fuels the right and angers Republicans, conservatives and Trump supporters alike into voting against their own, and the country's, best interests. Call out racists and racism? Absolutely! But please don't generalize and dump every Trump supporter into that category. It certainly isn't going to win over any hearts and minds."

That's the kind of thinking that put Hitler in power in 1933, and kept him there until he killed himself.

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#117'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/6/18 at 4:31pm

What put Trump in power was the Electoral College and the fact that many of the people on left did not bother to show to vote and thought Hillary had it in the bag and didn't want to vote for her. If anything, the left needs to be more energetic and rile up its actual base more and call this crap as they see it. No more trying to appeal to the self-proclaimed "middle" because they are not really moderate and it's clear they will never vote for a true Dem with progressive values anyway. They don't really exist and they made their racist feelings known or at least made it known that they don't care about the way minorities are treated and spoken about by a Presidential candidate. If you pay attention to what's happening, what ICE is doing, all the anti-gay policies the Trump administration has championed, all the rhetoric, etc. and still call yourself a moderate, then you need to face the facts that you are not a moderate. The real Trump supporters, the "ride or die" ones, are not on your side nor do they care to be.

sabrelady Profile Photo
sabrelady
#118'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/6/18 at 7:40pm

Now there is talk of eliminating the Roseanne character and concentrating on Darlene. Dunno if they will kill her off or just send her to rehab

.https://themuse.jezebel.com/roseanne-refuses-to-die-will-possibly-live-on-via-darl-1826601717

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#119'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/7/18 at 4:49pm

I wouldn't mind a Darlene spin-off, but a totally separate show from Roseanne. They don't need to kill anybody off -  just give Darlene her own house far, far away. Let pretend Roseanne live happily ever after off-screen.

A new show would save all those jobs that people were going on about, although their jobs were never that safe to begin with- the show could easily have flopped/not been renewed anyway. Job security was never guaranteed.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

ScottyDoesn'tKnow2
#120'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/7/18 at 5:56pm

Jay Lerner-Z said: "I wouldn't mind a Darlene spin-off, but a totally separate show from Roseanne. They don't need to kill anybody off -just give Darlene her own house far, far away. Let pretend Roseanne live happily ever after off-screen.

A new show would save all those jobs that people were going on about, although their jobs were never that safe to begin with- the show could easily have flopped/not been renewed anyway. Job security was never guaranteed.

"

I think a totally separate spin-off could really work. I'd say kill Roseanne off anyway.

Someone in a Tree2 Profile Photo
Someone in a Tree2
#121'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/8/18 at 1:36pm

"A new show would save all those jobs that people were going on about, although their jobs were never that safe to begin with- the show could easily have flopped/not been renewed anyway. Job security was never guaranteed."

True, job security is never guaranteed in this business. But all those who worked on the first season had already been committed to the second season once the huge Nielsen numbers came in, the biggest of any show on the networks. That second season was to start in late July for the art department; many, many folks turned down other job offers once they knew the second season was a lock. How do I know all this? My husband was one of those whose job commitment on Roseanne suddenly disappeared. 

Updated On: 6/8/18 at 01:36 PM

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#122'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/9/18 at 1:57am

Ding Dong The Witch is Dead

ArtMan
#123'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/9/18 at 7:22am

artscallion said: "I think they've been pretty forthcoming with side effects. Followingcomes directly from the side effects warning label for brand name Ambien:

Ambien may cause serious side effects, including:

. after taking Ambien, you may get up out of bed while not being fully awake and do an activity that you do not know you are doing. The next morning, you may not remember that you did anything during the night. You have a higher chance for doing these activities if you drink alcohol or take other medicines that make you sleepy with Ambien. Reported activities include:

-driving a car (sleep driving)

-making and eating food

-talking on the phone

-having sex

-sleep-walking

other side effects:

outgoing or aggressive behavior than normal, confusion, agitation, hallucinations, worsening of depression, and suicidal thoughts or actions, memory loss, anxiety.

Also listed are a score of possible physical side effects.
"

They may be forthcoming in stating the side effects as you say.  But instead of the CEO (or whoever they were) texting douchey remarks, how about working on eliminating some of those side effects.  I know all medicines have side effects, but these are quite serious as far as medicine goes.

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#124'Roseanne' Returning to ABC in 2018
Posted: 6/9/18 at 8:12pm

That's awful, Someone in a Tree. I'm sorry that good folks got mixed up in this toxic mess.

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$