pixeltracker

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART- Page 3

Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#50Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 6/6/17 at 12:22pm

Unfortunately, Lea Michele's moment has quickly expired as is evident by her recent talk show circuit appearances promoting her new album which left not a single impact to her or the album whatsoever.  Yes, we know her Broadway credentials (which mean nothing outside of Broadway) but her peak is and will always be (for now) FOX TV's GLEE.  Her post-GLEE work hasn't made any impact and her diva behavior is well known in the show business community as well as to her public.  Seems many just want to stay away from her for their own reasons, including Ryan Murphy.  This is the same case for countless others so this scenario isn't anything new.  We all remember Nikki Blonsky, don't we?  Well, many on here still do.    

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#51Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 6/6/17 at 1:16pm

Matthew Morrison didn't do the ART run of FINDING NEVERLAND after having done many workshops...wouldn't be shocked to see a similar situation here with Idina due to the Harmon play. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

troynow
#52Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 10/26/17 at 5:01am

Whennis the 29 hour reading????

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#53Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 10/26/17 at 7:06am

bought subscription just to see this

curious for any casting news

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#54Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/5/18 at 12:34pm

Any casting rumors?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#55Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/5/18 at 9:36pm

There’s a gala tonight at A.R.T and it looks like there’s a performance from Jagged Little Pill. Anyone know who’s performing?

steven22 Profile Photo
steven22
#56Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/5/18 at 10:06pm

Looks like Laurel Harris was part of the preview tonight!

mailhandler777
#57Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 12:21am

I believe Laurel Harris is indeed the lead. She left Beautiful to do this show.

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
barcelona20
#59Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 10:19am

Zero chance she'll be the one starring on Broadway right?

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#60Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 10:20am

barcelona20 said: "Zero chance she'll be the one starring on Broadway right?"

One can hope.

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#61Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 10:55am

really hoping this does well. would love to see it on Broadway this time next year.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

barcelona20
#62Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 10:57am

Video evidence. Wish they had gone for someone with a little more of a rock edge... Alas...

https://www.facebook.com/americanrepertorytheater/videos/10155860904188564

Updated On: 3/6/18 at 10:57 AM

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#63Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 12:17pm

They really didn't video that preview well. Too far away and the audio was subpar. I asked via Facebook about a cast list and they replied "not yet".

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#64Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 1:35pm

IdinaBellFoster said: "barcelona20 said: "Zero chance she'll be the one starring on Broadway right?"

One can hope.
"

Why the hate towards Elizabeth Stanley? I admit this isn't the kind of show she's done in the past, but I saw her in both On the Town then Bridges and thought she was phenomenal. Make no mistake, she can lead a musical. 

barcelona20
#65Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 1:54pm

No hate towards her. She's very professional and everything, but I think we all were expecting something more.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#66Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 2:01pm

She led the Xanadu tour, so she can def do pop- kudos to the creatives for not going with the norm- maybe it's not meant to have a rock edge sound- we have 0 plot information other then source material. Inspired by doesn't mean a carbon copy of the original and those that want that can listen to the album.  These once in a lifetime vocalists can be imitated, but not duplicated.  I'm optimistic here, let's wait for more information.

Tag Profile Photo
Tag
#67Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 6:35pm

Someone PLEASE tell them to cut the extra ensemble vocals and add in a string section in the pit.  The score is good enough as is, and doesn't need those oooh and ahhhs.  It all seems so bland without the signature whiny (in a good way) Alanis sound, Laurel sounds too polished.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#68Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/6/18 at 10:12pm

Yeah, i agree it needs an edge. It’s a little too “Waitress,” which is maybe what they want. I hated how Waitress had those cheesy, Let’s make it sound more Broadway orchestrations.

freewilma
#69Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/7/18 at 10:46am

The video presentation really reminds me of American Idiot and the orchestration / arrangements done by Tom Kitt....who is also working on Jagged Little Pill.  

ren598
#70Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/20/18 at 2:36pm

The entire cast and creative team have been announced.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Photo-Flash-In-Rehearsal-with-ARTs-JAGGED-LITTLE-PILL-Full-Cast-and-Creative-Announced-20180320

This collaboration makes more sense now.  At the time, I didn't know they were in the show together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AHVMfPeDY54

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#71Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/20/18 at 2:48pm

Small cast(18), which I like. Hope to this does well and transfers to Broadway by next spring.

oncemorewithfeeling2 Profile Photo
oncemorewithfeeling2
#72Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/20/18 at 6:07pm

Celia Gooding is LaChanze’s daughter and every bit as talented as her mother.

The ensemble covers a wide range of ages, so it seems the plot is still based around the notion of problems and issues facing families and communities today (which is vague, at best). Still, I’m excited to see how this plays out.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#73Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 3/20/18 at 8:13pm

Cool to see Eva Price attached to this. Really cool lady. Have met her on a few occadions.

Just give the world Love.

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#74Jagged Little Pill to Premiere at ART
Posted: 4/2/18 at 2:41pm

Does anyone have discount codes/offers for this show? I will be in Boston on May 8th and planning on catching this then.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.