pixeltracker

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017- Page 3

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017

BroadwayMan5
#50SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/5/17 at 10:26pm

Although there's some revivals I'm interested in, I'm pretty unexcited by the new musicals announced for next season so far...

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#51SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/5/17 at 10:32pm

Couldn't said it better myself, darquegk

@z5
#52SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/5/17 at 10:37pm

I really am actually so excited for this...cannot even explain why.

SalRocha18
#53SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/6/17 at 11:42pm

Here are two video reviews of the show that include press reels! Enjoy :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMmbXJRBloo

Updated On: 6/6/17 at 11:42 PM

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#54SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/7/17 at 1:18am

The opening number is on youTube and I was..bored... I just found the leads to be grating and annoying and not someone I'd wanna spend 2+ hours with. 

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#55SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/7/17 at 1:23am

The set is beautiful, but other than that, there really isn't anything here that interests me.  I wish the production luck, but I probably won't be seeing it unless I stumble upon a cheap ticket.

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#56SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/7/17 at 8:15am

kaykordeath said: "dramamama611 said: "It might be wonderful....doesn't mean I have any interest in seeing it.  (Just like I have no desire to see Anastasia, Aladdin or Bandstand.) 

"

A fair point. But I wanted to thank you for not knocking those who ARE interested (unlike other posters).

"

Different strokes, it has no bearing on my life what someone else enjoys.   I have to admit: I'm half hoping that my hs kids DO choose it for their trip next year.  That way, I get to see it without plunking any personal money down to do so.    I've seen a lot of shows that way (that weren't on my list) some I've loved (Titanic) and other were about what I expected (Bronx Tale)  When I step into any theatre, my HOPE is that I'll be entertained.

On another note: I hated Shrek, as did my then 10 year old, but my young teenage daughter liked it a lot.  Of course, she was still on a high from meeting NPH sitting only a few rows in front of her.  (He was actually very sweet to her, practically made her swoon.)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Ado Annie D'Ysquith Profile Photo
Ado Annie D'Ysquith
#57SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/7/17 at 4:05pm

Now that I think about it, Spongebob has had a lot of original songs crafted over the TV seasons. "Sweet Victory," "Campfire Song Song," "Cha-ching (The Feeling of Greed)," etc. I wonder if incorporating them ever crossed the minds of the creative team...

http://puccinischronicles.wordpress.com

Notreallysilent 2
#58SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 6/7/17 at 5:34pm

Ado Annie D'Ysquith said: "Now that I think about it, Spongebob has had a lot of original songs crafted over the TV seasons. "Sweet Victory," "Campfire Song Song," "Cha-ching (The Feeling of Greed)," etc. I wonder if incorporating them ever crossed the minds of the creative team...

"Well they have "the best day ever" which is probably the most famous out of the spongebob songs. 

Notreallysilent 2
#59SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/14/17 at 2:02pm

Is the palace theater box office open? I'm just curious as on Ticketmaster it says it opens it opens February 16 2007. Yes 2007

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#60SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/14/17 at 7:06pm

Between this, FROZEN & MARGARITAVILLE, Broadway will be a theme park this season. Such a poor season for new musicals. Really hoping some new, original musicals pop up soon.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

kaykordeath
#61SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:53am

ACL2006 said: "Between this, FROZEN & MARGARITAVILLE, Broadway will be a theme park this season. Such a poor season for new musicals. Really hoping some new, original musicals pop up soon.

"

You mis-spelled You're A Good Man Charlie Brown/Lion King/Beauty and the Beast/Matilda/Spiderman/Little Mermaid/Annie/Peter Pan

In other words, this is nothing new and the same comment seems to be bandied about here every few weeks.

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#62SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 9:05am

My daughter really wants to see this for her birthday in November. Do we know when tickets will go on sale? TIA

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#63SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 9:25am

CassandraReads said: "My daughter really wants to see this for her birthday in November. Do we know when tickets will go on sale? TIA"

Tickets are on sale now through Ticketmaster. 

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

CassandraReads Profile Photo
CassandraReads
#64SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 10:37am

Oh! Thanks so much! 

JIMG3
#65SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:29pm

If it were up to me, I would dim the lights of every theatre on Broadway,  in "honor" of yet another offense to the industry. 

kaykordeath
#66SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:50pm

JIMG3 said: "If it were up to me, I would dim the lights of every theatre on Broadway,  in "honor" of yet another offense to the industry. 

"

SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017

You know what's going to kill the industry?
A musical based on comic strip about a boy and his beagle.

A musical featuring hair metal from the 80s.

A show about toy trains and everyone's on roller skates.

A musical about hippies...and they get naked!!!!

A show about a superhero.

A show based on a kids cartoon movie, a DISNEY one at that, but it's all done with puppets.

A musical based on a Sylvester Stallone written movie.

A show where everyone's a giant cat.

Wnedy Williams in Chicago.

Billy Ray Cyrus in Chicago.

Jerry Springer in Chicago.

We've survived worse....and we've expected worse to turn out to be delightfully wonderful.

Updated On: 8/15/17 at 04:50 PM

kaykordeath
#67SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 4:55pm

double post

Updated On: 8/15/17 at 04:55 PM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#68SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:02pm

I was just going through some of the Instagrams of the cast and I noticed they are/were already in rehearsals. I wonder when we will get a full cast list. https://instagram.com/p/BXItzAag_c9/

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#69SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:09pm

ACL2006 said: "Between this, FROZEN & MARGARITAVILLE, Broadway will be a theme park this season. Such a poor season for new musicals. Really hoping some new, original musicals pop up soon."

Apparently the goal is to make Broadway Las Vegas 2.0.  Next season seems just so trashy.

Also, don't compare SpongeBob the musical to Annie or You're a Good Man Charlie Brown or Hair, etc.  I saw this show in Chicago and it's a hot mess.  It's embarrassing.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#70SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:17pm

Call_me_jorge said: "I was just going through some of the Instagrams of the cast and I noticed they are/were already in rehearsals. I wonder when we will get a full cast list. https://instagram.com/p/BXItzAag_c9/

"

Also: New opening number according to a comment by Gavin. I see why there's no cast album now

KJisgroovy Profile Photo
KJisgroovy
#71SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:27pm

I thought Spongebob was quite delightful in Chicago. A lot of theatrical imagination and a clear-hearted message that really resonated with the times (and will likely resonate even more deeply as things in the country continue to get worse). There were a handful of pretty terrible moments, but I hope they'll get lost on the way to Broadway. 

For an out of town try out I thought it was in great shape, and one of the brightest theatrical minds of her generation is behind the wheel... hopefully she'll be able to steer it to success.  

Jesus saves. I spend.

JIMG3
#72SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 5:29pm

I never suggested it had the capacity to kill the industry. A bit of context is always helpful. You have right to like it, and I have the right to resent it. 

kaykordeath
#73SPONGEBOB SQUAREPANTS to Open at the Palace Theatre, Fall 2017
Posted: 8/15/17 at 8:33pm

JIMG3 said: "I never suggested it had the capacity to kill the industry. A bit of context is always helpful. You have right to like it, and I have the right to resent it. 

"

That's fair. Though you referenced dimming the lights which is typically done after a death.