pixeltracker

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017- Page 5

Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017

10086sunset
#100Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 12:44pm

Not surprisingly, the show has been extended.

More information to be released later today

Fordham2015
#102Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 1:06pm

The show's been extended through February 3, so don't lose hope yet

https://twitter.com/Ticketmaster/status/902934494524477440

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#103Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 1:07pm

Was on Standby and got a code....couldn't get affordable tickets for any weekend I attempted.   Bummer.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#104Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 1:11pm

I'm on the Z-list!   On standby.  No code.   LOL...

I'll wait and see him the next time he tours.

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#105Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 1:33pm

I'm still on standby too. I wonder if people were chosen totally randomly or what? 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time

Englishsteve
#106Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 1:40pm

Looking at stubhub there are tickets up for sale at stupid prices, but not many of them - well below 50 every night that's got to be a huge improvement on how many I imagine would have been up otherwise, so maybe it did work to a degree.

I'd be interested to know how many people applied for such a small number of tickets, hopefully some of the standbys from today will get tickets in the next batch, it'd probably be only fair if they did it that way and didn't reopen registration 

Fordham2015
#107Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 4:03pm

Tickets for the new dates go on sale 9/7 at 10 AM- you don't need to register again. There's one matinee during the new run, on December 23

https://springsteen.tmverifiedfan.com/

http://brucespringsteen.net/broadway/

Englishsteve
#108Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 4:27pm

Don't think they should have reopened registration when tickets were already so hard to come by and so many people were on standby today, figured they should have some priority going into the next round.

dance noone watchin
#109Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/30/17 at 5:01pm

Agreed regarding re-opening registration. They should re-name this Verified Buyer. It's alienating to fans to tell them they are not a Verified Fan, imo.

Englishsteve
#110Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/31/17 at 3:43am

Hopefully they'll have learnt a lot by the time Potter tickets go on sale, this next windows been handled very badly, reading the website it's worse than just reopening registration;

"#VerifiedFan registration is open now to all fans who did not register for the initial onsale and for those who successfully completed a ticket purchase."

surely if you were on the ginormous standby list this week you should have some form of priority over those that already got tickets or didn't bother registering?

PepperedShepherd Profile Photo
PepperedShepherd
#111Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/31/17 at 11:38am

Englishsteve said: ""#VerifiedFan registration is open now to all fans who did not register for the initial onsale and for those who successfully completed a ticket purchase.""  [Emphasis added]

OK, that is messed up!  Not only is it unfair to those who were on Standby the first round, but what happened to the 2-ticket-per-person limit?

ETA: They have now changed the FAQ to read "there is a two (2) ticket limit per code per purchaser."

Nothing like changing the rules during the game....

Updated On: 8/31/17 at 11:38 AM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#112Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/31/17 at 11:53am

PepperedShepherd said: "what happened to the 2-ticket-per-person limit?"

Nothing. You're allowed two tickets per code through November 26. And two tickets per code from then through February.

Not sure why you think the language for the original pre-sale was binding for the extension.

This seems normal in the music world. If I'm in a fan club for U2, I can buy X number of tickets. If they add another leg to the tour, I can buy X number of tickets again.

PepperedShepherd
#113Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/31/17 at 12:48pm

haterobics said: "This seems normal in the music world. If I'm in a fan club for U2, I can buy X number of tickets. If they add another leg to the tour, I can buy X number of tickets again."

So, you'd be okay if U2 only made tickets available to certain members of their fan club while excluding others. And then, when they add another leg, they give those same people another shot at buying more tickets -- while possibly excluding again some of those who were excluded previously?

Updated On: 8/31/17 at 12:48 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#114Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 8/31/17 at 12:53pm

PepperedShepherd said: "So, you'd be okay if U2 only made tickets available to certain members of their fan club while excluding others. And then, when they add another leg, they give those same people another shot at buying more tickets -- while possibly excluding again some of those who were excluded previously?"

I've been fine with it for at least the last three tours? Of course, when it comes to touring, it is slightly different since if they add a South American leg, I'm not really going to go down there to see them. It isn't exactly comparable to them playing more gigs in the same town. I'm just saying if Bruce's people are viewing it like adding another leg onto a tour, that could be where that came into things.

That said Ticketmaster Verified is relatively new, so they are still working the bugs out.

PepperedShepherd
#115Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/1/17 at 1:59am

haterobics said: "I've been fine with it for at least the last three tours? "

So U2 specifically excluded members of their fan club from being able to buy tickets? I'm genuinely curious how that came about and what the response was.  I know that if I were a member of a fan club who was denied access to tickets, I'd have to re-think my fandom.  YMMV

#1Elphie Profile Photo
#1Elphie
#116Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/1/17 at 2:22am

I'm also a U2 fan club member and I don't know that that's totally comparable; everyone in the fan club gets a presale code for the first leg of the tour and gets another presale code for the tour extension (regardless of whether they used their code to buy tickets during the first leg). Everyone in the fan club gets the same opportunities to buy tickets. That presale access is a privilege that people pay for (membership isn't free). This feels a bit different because not everyone who signed up had access the first time around. I think that with such a limited quantity of tickets and with such high demand, it doesn't seem fair that out of sheer luck, some people will have the opportunity to get two sets of tickets when others don't even have a shot at one. I do understand that the extension is kind of like a reset and everyone who is interested has a shot at getting a code, regardless of whether they got tickets in the initial run, but I don't know that it's the best way to do it in this case (of course it doesn't really matter what I think; this is what they're doing and there's no way to change it). 

shari evelyn
#117Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/1/17 at 11:52am

Hi - Does anybody know what the next cheapest seats were (not the balcony?) I see the range was $400-$75, wondering what one bump up from $75 was costing...

PepperedShepherd
#118Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/1/17 at 12:20pm

#1Elphie said: "I'm also a U2 fan club member and I don't know that that's totally comparable; everyone in the fan club gets a presale code for the first leg of the tour and gets another presale code for the tour extension (regardless of whether they used their code to buy tickets during the first leg). Everyone in the fan club gets the same opportunities to buy tickets. That presale access isa privilege that people pay for (membership isn't free).This feelsa bit different because not everyone who signed uphad accessthe first time around. I think that with such a limited quantity of tickets and with such high demand,it doesn't seem fair that out of sheer luck, some people will have the opportunity to get two sets of tickets when others don't even have a shot at one. I do understand that the extension is kind of like a reset and everyone who is interested has a shot at getting a code, regardless of whether they got tickets in the initial run, but I don't know that it's the best way to do it in this case (of course it doesn't really matter what I think; this is what they're doing and there's no way to change it)."

Thank you! My point exactly.

shari evelyn said: "Does anybody know what the next cheapest seats were (not the balcony?) I see the range was $400-$75, wondering what one bump up from $75 was costing..."

Next price was $200 and located rear mezzanine. I have not seen many people (on Bruce boards) claim to have gotten them, so they were probably in very short supply.

Mediamaven2
#119Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/1/17 at 12:46pm

Someone posted earlier that they got Mezz center Row H (last row)  for $300 so I imagine that if the $200 is the next level then they are on the mezz sides probably back  rows too but hard to say

frank1232
#120Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/2/17 at 10:44pm

Anyone have an unused code from the first round last week? I would like to keep checking for ticket releases (among the first 40 dates) but didn't even get a code to try with. I'd really appreciate it, and would be happy to compensate you if desired. Please PM.

NJ_BroadwayGirl Profile Photo
NJ_BroadwayGirl
#121Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/6/17 at 9:01pm

Welp, Ticketmaster emails just went out. I'm on "standby" again for this next block of tickets. I was on standby last time and never got a code. We'll see. 

Considering how many tickets have ended up in the resale market, it doesn't seem that this approach was any better than just he standard sale. I've had no problem battling the bots in the past and wish I was at least getting the chance to buy. 

I like a good rhyme more than a good time
Updated On: 9/6/17 at 09:01 PM

JustAFan3
#122Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/6/17 at 9:16pm

NJ_BroadwayGirl said: "Welp, Ticketmaster emails just went out.I'm on "standby" again for this next block of tickets. I was on standby last time and never got a code. We'll see.

Considering how many tickets have ended up inthe resale market, it doesn't seem that this approach was any better than just he standard sale. I've had no problem battling the bots in the past and wish I was at least getting the chance to buy.
"

Yep, same here.. standby...again....so frustrating!

wolfwriter
#123Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/6/17 at 9:16pm

I wonder if this "verified" system will eventually backfire. I have neither the time nor the inclination to play this stupid game with Ticketmaster.

I got a code last time and tried 10 different days and couldn't get tickets (that I could actually afford). Now, I'm on standby, but if they send me a code at 11am tomorrow, I will be unavailable to use it. At 10am, I would be available to purchase tickets the regular way, so I'm out of luck. What a joke.

In the future, I'll probably just avoid events that use the system. I can't be the only one.

comets
#124Bruce Springsteen to Make Broadway Debut at the Walter Kerr - November 2017
Posted: 9/6/17 at 9:24pm

I got standby again too. I can't afford the tickets so I won't even try if I got a code.