pixeltracker

Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut- Page 3

Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#50Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:40pm

I just walked by there and as of now Bette is on tonight?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#51Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:41pm

If she does call out for tonight, I hope she gives the theater more notice.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
#52Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:42pm

I feel this will have been Linda's debut and final performance as Dolly Levi.  I think they will just cancel the performance next time Bette has to miss.  Hearing that the matinee audience was subdued during the performance isn't a good representation compared to the enthusiastically received performances both Bette and Donna are receiving and fueling the performances they are in.  Poor Linda and the cast today.  When the audience isn't being receptive, its torture for everyone.  

Jarethan
#53Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 5:55pm

bfreak said: "While I'm very happy for Linda Mugleston, this can't be a good situation for anybody involved. The whole energy of the show is probably interesting today, as ALL of the company members are probably doing their best not to keep people disappointed while there is probably a bit skepticism and negativity from some audience members. I would be very disappointed too, and only because of the money. They are charging the outrageous prices to see Bette, not the show. I saw it with Donna Murphy from TKTS 5th row center orchestra Saturday 7/8 from an hour before the show for $85 each while it was $189 for tickets in mid orchestra side bought from September when I saw Bette in May. I also have a $189 mezzanine ticket in December for a Bette night that I purchased in May. Best wishes to everyone at the Shubert today and also to Bette who hopefully gets better soon.

And the Bette tickets went up since you saw it.  I was looking for non-premium -- I could theoretically do it, but I consider this demand based pricing to be extortion -- and was able to find a couple for $229.  The point: not only are you right, you arte even righter than you thought.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#54Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 6:05pm

Jarethan said: "bfreak said: "While I'm very happy for Linda Mugleston, this can't be a good situation for anybody involved. The whole energy of the show is probably interesting today, as ALL of the company members are probably doing their best not to keep people disappointed while there is probably a bit skepticism and negativity from some audience members. I would be very disappointed too, and only because of the money. They are charging the outrageous prices to see Bette, not the show. I saw it with Donna Murphy from TKTS 5th row center orchestra Saturday 7/8 from an hour before the show for $85 each while it was $189 for tickets in mid orchestra side bought from September when I saw Bette in May. I also have a $189 mezzanine ticket in December for a Bette night that I purchased in May. Best wishes to everyone at the Shubert today and also to Bette who hopefully gets better soon.

And the Bette tickets went up since you saw it.  I was looking for non-premium -- I could theoretically do it, but I consider this demand based pricing to be extortion -- and was able to find a couple for $229.  The point: not only are you right, you arte even righter than you thought.

"

Seriously.  Extortion and greed on behalf of the producers. .  I adore Bette.    I have now seen her in the show a few times and going a few times more.  But I am lucky in life that I can treat myself to such luxuries.  Not everyone can.  And for those of you who can't... I tell you...   DONNA MURPHY IS FABULOUS.    If you love Bette then treat yourself.  You will love her in it and years from now you will remember you got to see Bette.   If it is too expensive for you or your not that hardcore of a fan then go see Donna.  

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

802AFM
#55Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 6:11pm

Linda was commanding.  She owned it.

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#56Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 6:13pm

802AFM said: "Linda was commanding.  She owned it.

"

I am sure she is fine.  But the audience wasn't loving today.

Updated On: 7/19/17 at 06:13 PM

BrodyFosse123
#57Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 6:16pm

Linda was commanding.  She owned it.

Rightly so.  She has the Broadway creds to do so.  Sadly, the entire audience has no idea about any of this so I'm sure they felt like they were watching a community theatre actress hence their alleged subdued reaction this afternoon.  The ensemble were playing the show in their Bette/Donna mode which I'm sure fell flat opposite Linda due to the audience's reception.  

802AFM
#58I'm so confused
Posted: 7/19/17 at 6:38pm

I wish I could tell which commenters were actually there for the matinee today.

broadwayboy223
#59I'm so confused
Posted: 7/19/17 at 6:43pm

I'd love to hear an honest report about Linda. I love Bette but Donna was the best for me. Everyone talks about Bette's charm, but when I saw Donna she actually mangaged to create a real woman. It was fantastic. Bette I'm sure is good in her own way. I just wish we could all love the dollys without getting defensive of our favorites. 

TBone Profile Photo
TBone
#60I'm so confused
Posted: 7/19/17 at 6:54pm

I adore Linda and I'm also anxiously waiting to hear reports!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#61I'm so confused
Posted: 7/19/17 at 6:55pm

Who is getting defensive?   And so you didn't see Bette?  I'm confused. 

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

BrodyFosse123
#62I'm so confused
Posted: 7/19/17 at 7:06pm

I love Bette but Donna was the best for me. Everyone talks about Bette's charm, but when I saw Donna she actually mangaged to create a real woman. It was fantastic. Bette I'm sure is good in her own way.

No entiendo.  Did you see Bette or not?  

JustAnotherNewYorker
#63Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 7:12pm

This is why I bought tickets for January 14th. If there's one day Bette's not going to miss, it's the last one

WiCkEDrOcKS Profile Photo
WiCkEDrOcKS
#64Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 7:26pm

So....is Bette on tonight?

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#65Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 7:32pm

Someone should know by now.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#66Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 7:56pm

It seems from recent Instagram posts that Bette's back on tonight...

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWv0Bs5lnSt/

https://www.instagram.com/p/BWvyFmLBYX4/

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
Emmaloucbway
#68Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 8:01pm

At the theatre right now and Bette is ON tonight!! 

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#69Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 8:02pm

DAME said: "Who is getting defensive?   And so you didn't see Bette?  I'm confused. 

"

Yes, the wording seems to imply that you didn't. Yet u say that Donna is the best which would mean u had seen Bette in order to stayed that.

Darreyl with an L!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#70Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 8:03pm

Emmaloucbway said: "At the theatre right now and Bette is ON tonight!!"

Woohoo!! Enjoy, Emma! Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut

poisonivy2 Profile Photo
poisonivy2
#71Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 8:11pm

For anyone who missed Bette, there's some non-premium orchestra seats on telecharge for:

July 22

July 23

July 28

WestCoastActor/Director Profile Photo
WestCoastActor/Director
#72Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 8:13pm

Nick Barasch is at the show tonight. He tweeted that Sally Field and Nicole Kidman were in front of him chatting.

BrodyFosse123
#73Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 8:14pm

8:05pm on stage behind the red curtain at the Shubert Theatre in New York City.  Bette Midler and the ensemble is getting into their places for the opening Act 1 number as the HELLO, DOLLY! Overture plays to sporadic moments of applause from the excited audience.  

Bette Midler (approaching Linda Mugleston standing stage right): How'd this afternoon go?

Linda Mugleston: Girl, don't ask.  Never again.  

SmokeyLady Profile Photo
SmokeyLady
#74Linda Mugleston Dolly Debut
Posted: 7/19/17 at 8:24pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "8:05pm on stage behind the red curtain at the Shubert Theatre in New York City.  Bette Midler and the ensemble is getting into their places for the opening Act 1 number as the HELLO, DOLLY! Overture plays to sporadic moments of applause from the excited audience.  

Bette Midler (approaching Linda Mugleston standing stage right): How'd this afternoon go?

Linda Mugleston: Girl, don't ask.  Never again.  

"

That made me laugh so hard.