pixeltracker

Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!- Page 1

Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!

suttonfoster Profile Photo
suttonfoster
#1Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:34pm

Heard from a reliable source that Ebersole will be touring as Dolly

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#2Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:35pm

suttonfoster said: "Heard from a reliable source that Ebersole will be touring as Dolly"

Please make it true!!!

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

binau Profile Photo
binau
#3Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:37pm

Isn’t she a bit old to be playing Irene? Not sure what role she could play.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#4Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:44pm

qolbinau said: "Isn’t she a bit old to be playing Irene? Not sure what role she could play. "

The OP makes it clear that their source claims that Ebersole will be playing Dolly. 

broadwayboy223
#5Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:47pm

Omg she'd be a FANTASTIC Dolly

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#6Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:47pm

qolbinau said: "Isn’t she a bit old to be playing Irene? Not sure what role she could play. "

How do you sleep at night? Surely you annoy yourself just as much as you annoy the rest of us.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#7Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:53pm

Now that is a Dolly I can get behind. Great voice, great comedic timing. Full support.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#8Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:53pm

I basically have to sedate myself. It is very challenging indeed.

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#9Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 1:55pm

Up the dosage.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#10Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 2:05pm

I really hope this is true.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#11Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 2:11pm

I heard that she is requesting they change the lyrics from “I put my hand in there” to “I don’t put a vax in there”.

Updated On: 1/13/18 at 02:11 PM

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#12Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 3:16pm

I have a hard time seeing it, but I trust that she'd be brilliant.

ray-andallthatjazz86 Profile Photo
ray-andallthatjazz86
#13Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 3:16pm

TotallyEffed said: "qolbinau said: "Isn’t she a bit old to be playing Irene? Not sure what role she could play. "

How do you sleep at night? Surely you annoy yourself just as much as you annoy the rest of us.
"

It’s kind of you, TotallyEffed, to think that shell of a person is capable of annoying anyone as much as he annoys us.

Ebersole as touring Dolly would be an absolute treat. 

"Some people can thrive and bloom living life in a living room, that's perfect for some people of one hundred and five. But I at least gotta try, when I think of all the sights that I gotta see, all the places I gotta play, all the things that I gotta be at"

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#14Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 3:29pm

An interesting pick. She's perfect for the role; I can totally see her hamming it up as Dolly. But Christine Ebersole just doesn't seem like a name that will prompt people in cities across the country to buy tickets, at least to me. Is she that well-known outside of the New York Broadway community?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#15Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 3:36pm

I don’t know why you think Dolly needs to be a name for the tour.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

SweetLips Profile Photo
SweetLips
#16Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 3:37pm

qolbinau said: "I heard that she is requesting they change the lyrics from “I put my hand in there”to “I don’tput avax in there”."

OK I'll bite----what the hell does that mean?

binau Profile Photo
binau
#17Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 3:54pm

SweetLips said: "qolbinau said: "I heard that she is requesting they change the lyrics from “I put my hand in there”to “I don’tput avax in there”."

OK I'll bite----what the hell does that mean?
"

Ebersole is an anti-vaccine, 9/11 truther, current or former registered Republican. I personally don’t let it ruin my enjoyment of her performances (how funny she got to upstage Bette Midler in War Paint and now will be doing it again in directly the same role). But of course I’m not going to miss a chance to joke about it. Of course, it is hard to joke about anything here these days because a proportion of people when they lost their mind voting for Hillary instead of Bernie also lost their sense of humour (if they ever had one). 

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#18Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 4:12pm

It doesn't need a name, but Ebersole would be the right amount of "star" needed for a tour like this. It would get some people in that are maybe on the fence, but it's a Tony Award winning revival and it was HUGE in NYC. It's a great production. People will flock to it.

Dollypop
#19Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 5:00pm

Of course, this means we'll eventually see her on Broadway.

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)

BwayLB
#20Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 5:18pm

I won't mind Ms Ebersole although the only thing I have seen her in was Richie Rich with Maculay Culkin.

Zamedy154
#21Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 5:48pm

"How funny she got to upstage Bette Midler in War Paint and now will be doing it again in directly the same role. "

Right.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#22Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 5:57pm

Dollypop said: "Of course, this means we'll eventually see her on Broadway."

Or possibly before the tour begins. Maybe as a one or two month filler before X takes over?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#23Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 6:12pm

I know you all will probally think im crazy but I feel like (yes I know they have great numbers) but I feel like they will close up shop once Bernadette leaves and announce a national tour which will star Ebersole.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

TheGingerBreadMan Profile Photo
TheGingerBreadMan
#24Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 8:33pm

“(how funny she got to upstage Bette Midler in War Paint and now will be doing it again in directly the same role).”

What does this even mean?

VernonGersch Profile Photo
VernonGersch
#25Christine Ebersole touring with Dolly!
Posted: 1/13/18 at 9:03pm

First I have heard about Christine being a Republican 9/11 truther - if thats the case - she is not welcome on our stages