wish i were here2
#50CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 10:59am

So was there rush this morning? :)

Addipia94 Profile Photo
Addipia94
#51CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 11:08am

I have tickets for the March 16 show - I'm very excited! However, I wish I would have come to this board sooner since I have a ticket in the orchestra row N and hope the mezzanine's overhang does not hinder my view of the show. Guess I'll have to wait and see.

Since previews start today, I look forward to hearing what people think who are attending these earlier preview performances. I'll be sure to report back after seeing the show :)

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#52CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 11:11am

Besides Nicholas Belton covering Joshua, does anybody have an idea who might be covering who? And I wonder if Nicholas Belton will get any performances in during previews, since Joshua and his wife are expecting.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#53CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 11:13am

Call_me_jorge said: "Besides Nicholas Belton covering Joshua, does anybody have an idea who might be covering who? And I wonder if Nicholas Belton will get any performances in during previews, since Joshua and his wife are expecting."

The Carousel website is updated and all the understudies are listed! I think Antoine L Smith is the other cover!

10086sunset
#54CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 11:16am

Really curious about the first thoughts on tonight.  

Hope the show does well but have the feeling it's going to be a tough sell in the current market.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#55CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 11:41am

Tonight's show is 50% off at TKTS Seaport, Brooklyn, and Lincoln Center. I'm assuming it will also be at the Times Square location when it opens at 3 for evening performances.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#56CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 1:49pm

Sorry if its been said but, Will you be attending tonights preview Whizzer? I always love and look foward to your reviews.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

fashionguru_23 Profile Photo
fashionguru_23
#57CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:40pm

Just saw the black and white rehearsal photo covered Playbill they are using (for now). If anyone can grab one for me, I will pay handsomely. PM me, thanks!

"Ok ok ok ok ok ok ok. Have you guys heard about fidget spinners!?" ~Patti LuPone

broadwaybabywannabe2 Profile Photo
broadwaybabywannabe2
#58CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 2:52pm

thank you CAT Guy for posting that wonderful  Carousel waltz done by the great POMS orchestra...i hope to be seeing this revival in June...

thegamesiplay
#59CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:24pm

Just ran to the Imperial and nabbed a full view row A rush ticket. $40

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#60CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:26pm

Wow! Let us know how the stage height is I’ll be in Row C when I see it.

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#61CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:30pm

Link to the website?

thegamesiplay
#62CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 3:46pm

I was told it shouldn’t be too bad. It is the second row. I adore this show, favorite golden age musical of mine

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#63CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 4:35pm

The Playbill cover is a black & white photo of Jessie Mueller and Joshua Henry from the rehearsal room. It resembles what we would expect for an Ivo Van Hove or Sam Gold production. I think it looks fantastic but it makes me wonder about the style and tone of this production. 

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#64CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 4:46pm

Can someone upload the picture? Would love to see it.

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#65CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 4:48pm

This was on the Playbill Covers thread

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews

Updated On: 2/28/18 at 04:48 PM

Jshan05 Profile Photo
Jshan05
#66CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 5:33pm

Thanks!

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#67CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 5:37pm

theatregoer3 said: "It resembles what we would expect for an Ivo Van Hove or Sam Gold production."

It's actually a Scott Rudin thing. He doesn't do it for all of his shows, but every show with that style of Playbill in recent years has been one of his shows. It just so happens that a couple of them were Ivo Van Hove/Sam Gold. 

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#68CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 5:45pm

I absolutely hate that Playbill.  

kade.ivy Profile Photo
kade.ivy
#69CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 6:03pm

Purely speculation, but I know when THE FRONT PAGE was in previews, it had black and white rehearsal photos on its Playbill and switched to a production photo of the same style after opening, so I’d think it possible that it switches to a full-fledged production photo after previews, even if it stays black and white.

I love the poster art, but the black and white cover is different and innovative and puts the focus on the two wonderful stars. Interested to see if/how it changes!

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#70CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 6:26pm

All of the shows featuring a rehearsal photo have switched to a similar production photo after opening. It’s, as someone else said, a very Scott Rudin choice and a throwback to oldschool Playbills before they switched to almost exclusively copies of the poster art. I like it. I’ve already seen the poster art, this feels much more personal.

EllieRose2 Profile Photo
EllieRose2
#71CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 6:43pm

The poster art is gorgeous, and I know that will obviously be apart of the normal Playbill, but that photo is just really awful.  Anyway, to all going tonight, have an amazing time and please post your thoughts at your convenience!!

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#72CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 7:45pm

I nabbed a TodayTix yesterday and am in the last row of the front mezzanine. All I say is the Imperial is gorgeous (it was beautiful for Comet as well) and that not only is there superb foot room (the Shubert lacks this) but I think the entire house will feel intimate. I feel so close just sitting here, so I doubt there is a bad seat in the house!

I’m also estatic to see Jessie Muller and Joshua Henry for the first time; as well as Lindsay Mendez who tore the roof off City Center during Golden Apple. And of course, the diva of them all, the incomparable Renee Fleming!

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#73CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 7:47pm

So excited! Make sure to give us all the details!

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#74CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 7:54pm

Great! The merch looks pretty good. Rip my bank account.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18