pixeltracker

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews- Page 4

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews

Sally Durant Plummer Profile Photo
Sally Durant Plummer
#75CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 7:57pm

I counted 27 names in the orchestra! Have we been blessed with an orchestra that size since my beloved Follies?

"Sticks and stones, sister. Here, have a Valium." - Patti LuPone, a Memoir

binau Profile Photo
binau
#76CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:09pm

Yes - Sunset Boulevard :). 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#77CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:13pm

Bwayfan292 said: "Great! The merch looks pretty good. Rip my bank account."

What do they have?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#78CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:15pm

The most recent King and I revival had 29 members of the pit.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#79CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:32pm

And how big is the orchestra going to be for My Fair Lady?

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#80CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:33pm

It's nice to hear that they haven't gone the cheap route for the orchestra. It'll also be exciting to hear those new Tunick orchestrations with a large orchestra.

Heads up, there are some pics of the golden show curtain up on Instagram.

Also, I'm pretty sure that I read that My Fair Lady will be performed with a 30 piece orchestra.

Updated On: 2/28/18 at 08:33 PM

Musical Master Profile Photo
Musical Master
#81CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:39pm

Jeffrey Karasarides said: "And how big is the orchestra going to be for My Fair Lady?"

I think it's either 29 or 30 players. I'm not sure but it is going to be HUGE. 

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#82CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:53pm

jacobsnchz14 said: "Bwayfan292 said: "Great! The merch looks pretty good. Rip my bank account."

What do they have?
"

Theres a picture on instagram under the imperal theatre location. It looks like the normal merch for any show, but the art thats on the marquee is basiclly on eveything and im obbsesed with it.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

MattRVA Profile Photo
MattRVA
#83CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:59pm

Bwayfan292 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "Bwayfan292 said: "Great! The merch looks pretty good. Rip my bank account."

What do they have?
"

Theres a picture on instagram under the imperal theatre location. It looks like the normal merch for any show, but the art thatson the marquee is basiclly on eveything and im obbsesed with it.
"

Could you please post a link? I’m interested but can’t seem to find that particular pic.

h6p8gv
#84CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 8:59pm

TO those there tonight how did they work the Carousel at the begenning of the show?

#85CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:00pm

Musical Master said: "Jeffrey Karasarides said: "And how big is the orchestra going to be for My Fair Lady?"

I think it's either 29 or 30 players. I'm not sure but it is going to be HUGE.
"

That's incredible. Hopefully other shows will follow...Reminds me of the last "South Pacific" revival. That information alone will make me get tickets! BRAVO to large orchestras ! 

terrilovesNY
#86CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:05pm

Updated On: 2/28/18 at 09:05 PM

terrilovesNY
#87CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:05pm

I have not seen rush information until your post, would you specify the rush policy?

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#88CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:07pm

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfwqcxHH_Ik/MattRVA said: "Bwayfan292 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "Bwayfan292 said: "Great! The merch looks pretty good. Rip my bank account."

What do they have?
"

Theres a picture on instagram under the imperal theatre location. It looks like the normal merch for any show, but the art thatson the marquee is basiclly on eveything and im obbsesed with it.
"

Could you please post a link? I’m interested but can’t seem to find that particular pic.

"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfwqcxHH_Ik/

(This is not my picture) Here ya go!

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#89CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:10pm

Bwayfan292 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "Bwayfan292 said: "Great! The merch looks pretty good. Rip my bank account."

What do they have?
"

"

Please tell me they have a window card!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#90CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:29pm

msmp said: "Bwayfan292 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "Bwayfan292 said: "Great! The merch looks pretty good. Rip my bank account."

What do they have?
"

"

Pleasetell me they have a window card!
"

Yes and it says $30 on the price sheet. 

ellbellthomps
#91CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:30pm

I am SUPER excited to hear the reports tonight!

phan24 Profile Photo
phan24
#92CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:33pm

Intermission now, quick thoughts:

Top notch production with the best voices in the biz, Joshua Henry will get a Tony nom and perhaps win for this role, his Soliloquy was magnificent. Lindsay shines in her role adding a lot of personality and comedy.

Jessie Mueller shines in If I Loved You but hadn’t had much material yet, waiting till Act 2.

The dancing is great, very impressive.

Amar Ramasan is getting into the role, with more shows he’ll be great, amazing dancer.

Overall very impressed.

theatregoer3 Profile Photo
theatregoer3
#93CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:33pm

Intermission.

Justin Peck will win every award under the sun.

Joshua Henry and Jessie Mueller are flawless. Fleming is the weakest link thus far. Sets are nothing special. Orchestra is maybe best I’ve heard in memory. But really...the choreography is next level.

Sally Durant Plummer
#94CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:34pm

Intermission.

Largely glorious cast with soaring voices - “Soliloquy” was simply stunning. I have some quibbles - the Starkeeper has been added into large quantities of the first act and should really be cut. “Blow High, Blow Low” has been lengthened to 6/7 minutes and brought the show to a crawl - but the audience loved it. Lindsay sang a verse of “When the Children Are Asleep” that I had never heard before! The set is beautiful, though the Carousel is not a big spectacle moment - we only see the top of the carousel come through the ceiling, the actors dance in a circle below it.

As of right now, it is a sumptuous production that is well done, but still has work to do before opening. I’m hoping the team knows there is work to do and don’t think it’s frozen, as so many new shows do.

A line change I noticed: “Kind of scrawny and frail” as opposed to “pale” in “If I Loved You”. Billy still sings the “Peaches and cream” line.

h6p8gv
#95CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:45pm

What did they do CAROUSEL wise at the begenning

BroadwayBeebe
#96CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 9:50pm

Sally Durant Plummer said:  “Blow High, Blow Low” has been lengthened to 6/7 minutes and brought the show to a crawl - but the audience loved it.."

The Hornpipe has always been one of my favorite parts so I’m excited to hear that it’s still in the show and being received well. I can’t wait to see this 

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#97CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 10:10pm

Soundw lovely! Can't wait to hear your full thoughts on the production.

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#98CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 10:49pm

I love these reports. This sounds amazing.

Sally Durant Plummer
#99CAROUSEL (2018) Previews
Posted: 2/28/18 at 10:53pm

Will give full report when I get home. “Geraniums In the Winder” and “Stonecutters Cut It On Stone” we’re not sung, though listed in the program - staging problems?

Fleming is in wonderful voice and is stunning.

I have major quibbles, but for a major production, it is in pretty decent shape for a first preview.

Videos