pixeltracker

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)- Page 4

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#75Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 12/15/18 at 7:52pm

I was going to say: What’s the latest update on this?

disneybroadwayfan22
disneybroadwayfan22
TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#78Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 3:46pm

Lady Gaga or bust.

Also, I wish they'd go back to the original poster design. The updated one is so tacky.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#79Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 3:54pm

I’m curious if Vanessa Kirby can sing. She wouldn’t be a bad Glinda acting wise.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

EmeraldOzian
#80Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 4:10pm

Lady Gaga will probably be the front runner if she can read younger with the green paint. I don't know who they'd go for Glinda if it's Gaga then probably Seyfried and Efron as Fiyero but if it's someone younger then possibly Dove Cameron and someone like Jordan Fisher.

TravisOKC
#81Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 4:36pm

I'd kind of love to see Reba McEntire as Morrible.

IAMREADING
#82Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 5:10pm

Barrett Wilbert Weed as Elpheba or I'm not seeing it!

BwayLB
#83Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 5:17pm

Vanessa Hudgens is a new dream cast I have for Elphaba

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#84Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 6:08pm

Gaga would be a HUGE get, and I'm sure they will offer it to her (or perhaps they already did). I would be surprised if she accepts: Her agents will want her to do something non-musical so she doesn't get pegged as "just a musical actress." Hugh Jackman had 5 years between Les Mis and Greatest Showman.

Daldry and Platt can attract stars, but with the right marketing and reviews, they won't need them. International audiences are a huge income source now, and those audiences don't won't care about American b-listers.

I really can't think of any bona fide "star" Elphaba, besides Gaga or maaaybe Ariana Grande. Glinda's an easier role to cast. I expect "prestige" names for the Wizard and Morrible (i.e. JK Simmons, Gary Oldman, Jim Broadbent, Maggie Smith, Glenn Close, Meryl Streep). Zac Efron almost seems too obvious for Fiyero, and may be trying to rebrand himself with the Ted Bundy film.

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#85Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 6:22pm

IAMREADING said: "Barrett Wilbert Weed as Elpheba or I'm not seeing it!"

You just saved yourself $15!

EmeraldOzian
#86Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 6:57pm

If they cast older Gaga as Elphaba and Kendrick for Nessa, I feel like they'd play convincing sisters. I'd love a Dick Van Dyke and Julie Andrews reunion maybe as The Wizard and Morrible although they may go for a more youth accessible audience and cast someone like Jackman as the Wizard.

I really want a big star for Morrible like Andrews, Cher, Streisand, Mirren, Dench or Lansbury anyone but Streep please. I know Angelina Jolie has an affinity with Wicked she's been pictured multiple times seeing it maybe she could do Morrible. 

You could pull from musical theatre for the leads and name cast the supporting to get the best of both worlds. I'd be happy to see new comers as Elphaba and Glinda.

disneybroadwayfan22
#87Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 7:43pm

Ugh. No Grande. No Seyfried. We need legit belters, like Gaga and Lovato, and legit sopranos like Kendrick. Could Rachel Zegler do Glinda after WSS? I would love to see Dove as Glinda too. My concern for Gaga is that she would look too old for being a college student. And what about Carol Burnett as Morrible?

All I really want is a actress with a disability to play Nessa. Ali Stroker, perhaps?

chrishuyen
#88Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 8:02pm

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "Ugh. No Grande. No Seyfried. We need legit belters, like Gaga and Lovato, and legit sopranos like Kendrick. Could Rachel Zegler do Glinda after WSS? I would love to see Dove as Glinda too.My concern for Gaga is that she would look too old for being a college student. And what about Carol Burnett as Morrible?

All I really want is a actress with a disability to play Nessa. Ali Stroker, perhaps?
"

tbh I'm not sure if I would consider Anna Kendrick a "legit soprano", especially not for a role like Glinda, though I'm with you on Ali Stroker!

If they decide to age up, I think Gaga as Elphaba, Kristen Bell as Glinda (if she has the full range, which I'm not sure about), and Jeremy Jordan as Fiyero would be fantastic (and maybe someone like Sara Bareilles for Nessarose).  A slightly less popular pick for Elphaba would be Rachelle Ann Go, which I think would be a great opportunity to include more diversity.

Though if the producers decide to go with actors closer in age to the actual characters, I would prefer to see actual Broadway stars or relative newcomers in the leading roles (Andrew Barth Feldman as Fiyero might be interesting, though he might even read TOO young, especially for the latter half of the show).  They could then have Ariana Grande for Nessarose and maybe someone like Shawn Mendes as Boq if they really must include pop stars.

I do think Lin could play the role of Dillamond pretty well, and maybe even Tony Shalhoub or Hugh Jackman for Wizard (still not sure about Tony Shalhoub's actual singing skills) and I'm kind of surprised no one's mentioned Norbert Leo Butz as Wizard, but I supposed he would come second to trying to slot Idina/Kristin into the movie.

I just really don't want Zac Efron as Fiyero--pick someone like Darren Criss or Grant Gustin or Ben Platt, there are literally so many options.

EmeraldOzian
#89Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 8:13pm

Darren Criss is an option especially after his Emmy win. Diversity will be thematic too especially as it's fitting with the material maybe Keke Palmer or Zendaya for Nessa with James Earl Jones for the Wizard.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#90Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 8:14pm

Gaga as Elphaba would be a dream come true.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

Luminaire2 Profile Photo
Luminaire2
#91Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 8:56pm

Ummm please give me Gaga singing Defying Gravity and No Good Deed.

James Kerrigan2
#92Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 9:46pm

Elphaba - Lady Gaga

Glinda - Megan Hilty

Fiyero - Zach Efron

Boq - Ben Platt

Nessarose - Victoria Justice

Madame Morrible - Meryll Streep

The Wizard - Ted Danson

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#93Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 10:38pm

I can’t imagine Gaga being interested and they’ll probably steer younger. Although, personally, I like my Elphabas and Glindas to be on the more mature side of the age range so the second half has more weight. As long as they’re not laughable as college students, which I don’t think someone like Gaga is, then I’m good.

I actually think Glinda is the harder role to cast properly. It’s a trickier character and I don’t know of many, er, pleasant sounding sopranos in Hollywood. They’ll probably end up cutting or lowering her soprano stuff anyway, though.

Ali Stoker would be a great Nessa, but there’s the issue that the story requires her to gain the ability to walk. I suppose they could do some movie magic, though.

Updated On: 2/8/19 at 10:38 PM

disneybroadwayfan22
#94Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 11:16pm

^^They better not lower Glinda’s songs. That would be ridiculous. Either get the right singer or don’t bother doing the movie.

They can def. CGI Ali walking. At my physical therapy sessions, there are devices that let wheelchaired people walk. Strap Ali in one during that small moment and CGI over the walker.

NOWaWarning Profile Photo
NOWaWarning
#95Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/8/19 at 11:52pm

Well, sure, but how often do these film adaptations of stage musicals get the right singers? That’s just the cynic in me, though.

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#96Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/9/19 at 4:13am

James Kerrigan2 said: "Elphaba - Lady Gaga

Glinda - Megan Hilty

Fiyero - Zac Efron

Boq - Ben Platt

Nessarose - Victoria Justice

Madame Morrible - Meryl Streep

The Wizard - Ted Danson
"

a lot of this is exactly how i could see it cast except they’d probably want someone more commercial as Glinda, i think Kristen Bell could actually be good in the role. Nessarose, I’d like to see maybe Anna Kendrick who has been mentioned.

I really think Elphaba should 100% be Lady Gaga or possibly Demi Lovato; there’s just not a lot of commercial actress-singers that could sing the role as written and these two are the ones that pop in my mind. i highly doubt they’ll be casting any theater actresses as much as we might like it.

Zac, Ben, Meryl and Ted would all be perfect.

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Dave28282 Profile Photo
Dave28282
#97Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/9/19 at 4:35am

Many people here are limiting themselves to "current fleeting names". 

If you really want quality you need to cast purely on quality, known or not. Steven Spielberg is changing the musical movie world at the moment. The leading ladies are unknown and extremely talented in singing and acting through notes. This will result in scenes that work better and feel more natural and this will make the movie better.

A new movie or project is a hype in itself nowadays as everybody is constantly craving for new things, so it better be good so it will stand the test of time too. The project creates stars. That is much more exciting.

Updated On: 2/9/19 at 04:35 AM

EmeraldOzian
#98Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/9/19 at 4:55am

Assuming they were to cast Gaga who'd be 34 when filming they would probably increase the age between Elphaba and Nessa. Lets say Nessa is university entry age at 18 and Elphaba is around a few years older in her twenties. Glinda could be 18 too and you could skew younger in casting. Fiyero is a drop out and has been to multiple schools he could in theory be be around twenty something too. That would make Gaga's casting less jarring. Of course there's options now to make actors younger look at how Marvel are doing their films with a mix of make up, lighting and digital blemish removal.

Gaga could be a safer Glinda although there'd be key changes.

Lily James is an option for both parts too I guess.

Updated On: 2/9/19 at 04:55 AM

hayleyann
#99Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)
Posted: 2/9/19 at 5:20am

This Gaga as Elphaba photoshop still makes me so happy.

Wicked Movie Cast (rumors, dreamcasts, etc.)