pixeltracker

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17- Page 18

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

madela2
#425HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:32pm

Ok, thanks. I'll connect with telecharge. I wasn't sure if this problem would still be in their hands since it deals with hard tickets.

Anyway, can't wait to see this production one last time!

nealb1 Profile Photo
nealb1
#426HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/16/18 at 6:58pm

Was just on Telecharge about 20 minutes ago, and there were 12 regular priced tickets in the Orch for tomorrow night - Bette's first performance.  And, there were about 20 premium.  Mezz had 8 regular priced tickets, and balcony had none. 

I'll be there the Friday, Aug 24th & Sat night the 25th.

KFC1991
CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#428HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/17/18 at 11:52am

Looks they've released the 2 far side seats in orchestra rows A-G for many performances, $139 for most shows. Not a bad deal at all.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#429HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/17/18 at 11:55am

CT2NYC said: "Looks they've released the 2 far side seats in orchestra rows A-G for many performances, $139 for most shows. Not a bad deal at all."

Running $229 later in the run.

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#430HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/17/18 at 9:18pm

For what it's worth for folks who have August 25 tickets who might be worried about them adding on another week (myself included), the Dolly! website now says "NO CHANCE OF EXTENSION" on its homepage. I know that could also mean diddly squat, but had to share! 

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#431HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/17/18 at 9:24pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "For what it's worth for folks who have August 25 tickets who might beworried about them adding on another week (myself included), theDolly!website now says "NO CHANCE OF EXTENSION" on its homepage. I know that could also mean diddly squat, but had to share!"

I don't know why I find this so amusing, but I do.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#432HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/17/18 at 11:11pm

Bette is Back!

Anyone go tonight?

HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#433HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 12:11am

My friends went tonight for their anniversary. They said the show was on fire . Looks from the pictures on social media that all the old signage in front of the theater is back. I would love to own the Sold Out sandwich board . It would be neat is she signed it and auctioned it off for charity. Just putting it out there.

Bette's Turban Profile Photo
Bette's Turban
#434HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 12:21am

There’s some cool 20 seconds of what I’m assuming is her put in rehearsal on instagram . It’s on the story section of someone called Double Windsor .

Zamedy154
#435HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 8:09am

Any other reports from Bette and David's first night back? Standing ovations? Ad libs? 

STEVEPCPA
#436HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 9:36am

We were there last night, and yes,they were on fire! Bette and David were confident and strong from start to finish. It was like they hadn't missed a beat.Several standing ovations and lots of love from the audience.(Tommy Tune was there) The other principals were in top form. Gavin and Kate just get better and better. The table scene with Horace and the courtroom eating scenes were over the top hysterical. ..as only David and Bette could pull off. One cute ad lib during the Dolly number. She said,"This is going to go on for a while,so I hope you like red!" It again was such a joyous night.Was so happy to be there last night, and get to see it one more time!

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#438HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 2:01pm

Bette's Turban, if you look at the name on double_windsor's profile, you'll see that's Michaeljon Slinger.

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

cliffordbradshaw2
#439HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 2:34pm

Biggest surprise last night: In "I Put My Hand In," Bette did NOT sing the word "trump" in the lyric "turned a frump to a trump lady fair."  Was this the first time this happened in this production?  Can't remember the word that was substituted, but it did not rhyme the way "frump" and "trump" do.  Something like "real" or "great"?

Updated On: 7/18/18 at 02:34 PM

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#440HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 2:38pm

cliffordbradshaw2 said: "Biggest surprise last night: In "I Put My Hand In," Bette did NOT sing the word "trump" in the lyric "turned a frump to a trump lady fair." Was this the first time this happened in this production? Can't remember the word that was substituted, but it did not rhyme the way "frump" and "trump" do. Something like "real" or "great"?"

No way that's unintentional. Love it lol.

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#441HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 2:45pm

How funny. That "trump" lyric always stuck way out to me no matter which lady sang it! Glad it's been replaced. Just sing anything but that lyric!

KFC1991
#442HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 2:46pm

I remember last year someone on here asking if Bette would change that lyric. I guess she finally did!

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#443HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 3:30pm

KFC1991 said: "DAME said: "Call."

On.
"

Dolly.

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

WithoutATrace Profile Photo
WithoutATrace
#444HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 3:35pm

Yup...she changed "trump" to "great" last night and I noticed it right away! It'll be interesting to see if that new lyric holds for the remainder of the run.

binau Profile Photo
binau
#445HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/18/18 at 3:42pm

I'm curious to know if anything feels difference about her performance now. It feels like so much time has passed that she has been away for, and of course Bernadette has been in the role for a while so I'd be curious if anything has changed or if something feels different now in hindsight. Perhaps not. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Patrick Simpkins
#446HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/19/18 at 10:05am

Pretty cool Closing Weekend opportunity, and proceeds go to the Performing Arts Project:

"Want to say goodbye to Hello, Dolly! in style? You and a friend could:

• Win tickets to a final performance to see Bette Midler say farewell to Hello, Dolly! and
  • Score a backstage tour with Tony Award-winning star Gavin Creel 
  • Flights & 4-star hotel included 

Donations will benefit the Performing Arts Project. ENTER TO WIN: http://omaze.com/hellodolly

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#447HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/19/18 at 11:00am

I'm curious if the performance has changed, too, since the production just coalesced around a different Dolly. I think the Peters take did change the evening in subtle ways.  Creel and Baldwin both seemed somehow brighter and even more charming. Perhaps it was just the time in the roles. I felt everyone else stepped up in interesting ways. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

SherrieByTheSea
#448HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 7/21/18 at 7:03pm

Was at matinee today and it was incredible.Bette and David are magic together

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#449HELLO, DOLLY! Sets August 25 Closing Date; Bette Midler to Return July 17
Posted: 8/7/18 at 8:11pm

Non-premium seats ($69-$229) are available on Telecharge for the final performance on 8/25, mostly in the orchestra, but some in the mezzanine and balcony.

Videos