pixeltracker

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?- Page 17

Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#400Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/4/19 at 5:40pm

This shows marketing is a MESS.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#401Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/4/19 at 5:43pm

xheybails said: "emily koch did not cover stephanie actually, she was still on the tour until mid-january - after sara had started. molly was on in stephanie’s track while she was jenna in december. i’d love for them to bring emily in but i don’t believe that is happening."

Koch came in during the tour's two week hiatus around Christmas and then went back on tour.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

natashalost
#402Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/4/19 at 6:08pm

Call_me_jorge said: "If that were the case why would they plaster lucies face up on Times Square?"

My thinking was that they could save money by combining photo shoots for the two stars, however BWW is reporting that Lucie will join the Broadway company.

xheybails
#403Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/4/19 at 6:42pm

ACL2006 said: "xheybails said: "emily koch did not cover stephanie actually, she was still on the tour until mid-january - after sara had started. molly was on in stephanie’s track while she was jenna in december. i’d love for them to bring emily in but i don’t believe that is happening."

Koch came in during the tour's two week hiatus around Christmas and then went back on tour.
"

not that it’s a big deal but she didn’t? i know her and she spent the tour lay-off with her family in california :)

AntV
#404Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/4/19 at 11:00pm

She's probably just joining the West End cast after McPhee but they are using her in Broadway advertising for now until a star replacement joins the show.

restlessfeeling
#405Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 1:21am

^

I agree. It'd make no sense to bring Lucie to Broadway when she is certainly better known in the UK.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#406Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 8:17am

Since Katharine McPhee has previously said that she's doing the show for only 3 months, it makes sense that Lucie Jones would get her feet wet in the role by joining the Broadway company before she replaces McPhee in London, if that's the plan.

Updated On: 2/5/19 at 08:17 AM

Babe_Williams Profile Photo
Babe_Williams
#407Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 9:20am

Did anyone see Joey last night?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#408Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 10:55am

xheybails said: "ACL2006 said: "xheybails said: "emily koch did not cover stephanie actually, she was still on the tour until mid-january - after sara had started. molly was on in stephanie’s track while she was jenna in december. i’d love for them to bring emily in but i don’t believe that is happening."

"

not that it’s a big deal but she didn’t? i know her and she spent the tour lay-off with her family in california :)
"

They definitely brought in someone from the tour during the tour's break. I was told Koch, but I guess it was someone else.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

xheybails
#409Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 11:38am

ACL2006 said: "xheybails said: "ACL2006 said: "xheybails said: "emily koch did not cover stephanie actually, she was still on the tour until mid-january - after sara had started. molly was on in stephanie’s track while she was jenna in december. i’d love for them to bring emily in but i don’t believe that is happening."

"

"

They definitely brought in someone from the tour during the tour's break. I was told Koch, but I guess it was someone else.
"

sorry i’m honestly just curious, why you think they brought someone in from the tour? no one was listed in the playbill and molly jobe and tiffany hobbs were the only ones who went on for francine. there were also days where they had split tracks/were down an ensemble member when multiple people called out so had someone from the tour been there, that surely wouldn’t have happened? 

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#410Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 12:13pm

I agree. It'd make no sense to bring Lucie to Broadway when she is certainly better known in the UK.

Remember these are the same Producers who frequently bring in people that are stars in other countries for stints in Chicago.  They've recouped at this point they have Joey now which appeals to a certain demo, they have no need to bring in a huge name.  Also, Broadway remains a serious milestone and goal for many people here and abroad it's the gold standard, so for them it's a big deal even if we know them or not- there are bound to be tourists that recognize them even if we don't- it's also really smart if they're planning for her to replace McPhee.

Updated On: 2/5/19 at 12:13 PM

KathyNYC2
#411Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 12:32pm

The only person that was here from the tour during their week's break was Stephen Good as Dr. Pom.

There were no extra females brought in during Stephanie's previous run as Jenna...from the tour or anywhere. There are enough females to play all the major and minor parts. As always, the swings occasionally cover ensemble tracks that are played by the opposite sex when needed.... as happens in many B'way shows.

Updated On: 2/5/19 at 12:32 PM

getatme
#412Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 2:44pm

Skyler Adams was brought in to cover as a male swing while brandon Kalm was on for Pomatter for 10 days around the new year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BsB8rGShhAs/

DontTellPaul2 Profile Photo
DontTellPaul2
#413Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 3:56pm

natashalost said: "Call_me_jorge said: "If that were the case why would they plaster lucies face up on Times Square?"

My thinking was that they could save money by combining photo shoots for the two stars, however BWW is reporting that Lucie will join the Broadway company.
"

Agreed. It seems that people forget that these marketing campaigns are primarily for tourists who don't know the faces on posters, not for us insiders. Clearly, the point is for Joey McIntyre to be the focus of the campaign, but it was probably decided that having only his face with the word Waitress underneath him was odd, to say the least. Lucie is essentially a model, for all intents and purposes. If she does take over in NYC, great -- they've got photos of her to plaster everywhere. If she doesn't come to NYC, they've saved some money by shooting her and Joey together and they can use her solo photos all over London.

This is akin to the use of Ute Lemper on the Chicago marquee at the Ambassador (or any of the actors featured in their campaign, frankly). Your average ticket-buying tourist probably doesn't know who she is and whether or not she is in the show, but she's photogenic and accurately conveys the show's brand. (And yes, I know Ute was in the show in the past.)

Updated On: 2/5/19 at 03:56 PM

WestEndGal
#414Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 4:00pm

CT2NYC said: "Since Katharine McPhee has previously said that she's doing the show for only 3 months, it makes sense that Lucie Jones would get her feet wet in the role by joining the Broadway company before she replaces McPhee in London, if that's the plan."

I woulda thought that was a possibility but then if you look at Lucie’s insta she’s just announced concert dates in the UK for  March and April, right when you’d think she’d be doing her broadway stint, which makes me think AntV’s scenario is most likely - she was probably in nyc agreeing terms for West End Jenna after Kat McPhee finishes and did her photo shoot at the same time as Joey McIntyre in readiness, and because they haven’t picked the next broadway Jenna yet, they just decided to use her for her latest posters. Who knows tho lol because it seems a bit messy, lol!

Oh and I’m a Brit and Lucie Jones is not really well known in the UK. She was an X factor contestant many years ago and sang for the uk in the Eurovision song contest a few years ago, and appeared on the West End, but I wouldn’t say she’s known to the masses, other than West End fans in the know. So I wouldn’t really see her appealing to a whole lot of Brits visiting New York.  

mailhandler777
#415Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/5/19 at 4:23pm

xheybails said: "ACL2006 said: "xheybails said: "ACL2006 said: "xheybails said: "emily koch did not cover stephanie actually, she was still on the tour until mid-january - after sara had started. molly was on in stephanie’s track while she was jenna in december. i’d love for them to bring emily in but i don’t believe that is happening."

"

"

"

sorry i’m honestlyjust curious, why you think they brought someone in from the tour? no one was listed in the playbill and molly jobe and tiffany hobbs were the only ones who went on for francine. there were also days where they had split tracks/were down an ensemble member when multiple people called out so had someone from the tour been there, that surely wouldn’t have happened?"

Steven Good came in for 2 weeks to play Dr Pomatter between Drew and Gavin when the tour was on Christmas break. That's the only person from the tour that filled in in any capacity. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#416Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/11/19 at 9:36am

No clue if this would ever be s possibility/they would even consider, but I would just love to see Megan Hilty and/or Laura Bell Bundy take on Jenna. Am I crazy?

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

theaterlyfe19
#417Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/11/19 at 10:41am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "No clue if this would ever be s possibility/they would even consider, but I would just love to see Megan Hiltyand/or Laura Bell Bundy take on Jenna. Am I crazy?"

Both fantastic actresses but I just don’t see either of them in this role. 

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#418Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/11/19 at 10:56am

GiantsInTheSky2 said: "No clue if this would ever be s possibility/they would even consider, but I would just love to see Megan Hiltyand/or Laura Bell Bundy take on Jenna. Am I crazy?"

Don't think either of them want to be in the fifth replacement in anything at this point...

TaylorLongTO Profile Photo
TaylorLongTO
#419Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/27/19 at 11:05am

Does anyone know who's replacing Joey McIntyre in April?

Hamilfan2
#420Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/27/19 at 11:15am

I heard from a fairly reliable source that Lucie was actually supposed to take over the role when Joey started, but then talks fell apart at very the last minute (not sure why).  They had already done the photo shoot, and rather than redo the photo shoot they just decided to keep it as it just wasn't worth it cost-wise to do a whole new one.  Stephanie was then brought in as a replacement until the next Jenna (Shoshana) was ready to go.  My source also made it sound like Shoshana was a very last minute casting choice, as I think Lucie's run was supposed to be longer, which would explain the later than usual casting announcement.

megs17
#421Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/27/19 at 3:26pm

TaylorLongTO said: "Does anyone know who's replacing Joey McIntyre in April?"

I don't think there's any information out there yet. I know there was talk of Leslie Odom Jr. stepping in at one point, but that seemingly fell through. There was also briefly a rumor that Mike Faist would take on the role, but I'm pretty sure that was only speculation, because I haven't been able to find a reputable source that mentioned him. 

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#422Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/27/19 at 6:10pm

Mike Faist reads a bit young for the part, no?

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

Phillytheatreguy10 Profile Photo
Phillytheatreguy10
#423Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/27/19 at 6:19pm

^ I'd say especially opposite Shoshana he'd look too young- that's not meant to be a dig to Sho, he just has a youthful look that lends him to playing teens and college age roles.  I wouldn't be surprised if Joey extended a bit. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#424Upcoming Waitress cast replacements?
Posted: 2/27/19 at 7:41pm

They had a certain well known singer a couple of weeks ago come see the show, I'm guessing she turned it down so they rushed to get someone, and there was Sho.