pixeltracker

Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?- Page 3

Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#50Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/26/18 at 10:02pm

When tickets are too expensive, and you know the show is going to sell out, my strategy was to buy three tickets and then sell two for the cost of the three. But once you also add the membership in there, it's starting to be a lot of overhead... the margins are getting a bit tight to try and pull that off...

inception Profile Photo
inception
#51Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/27/18 at 11:48am

I'm hoping this will keep extending at least another 6 weeks, as has happened with past hits at the Publuc. But I doubt it will completely sell out months before performances even begin, so not sure buying extrs tickets to scalp is a wise move. Also, I've never had problems before as a non-member getting tickets, so don't see need to get a membership, unless you are very limited in what date early in a run you go? And $95 really is quite cheap. I just almost $250 each for Mean Girls & DEH.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#52Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/27/18 at 11:53am

Weren't the ticket prices announced beforehand anyway? It's rarely a surprise... and they usually don't have much in the way of tiered pricing AFAIK, since the theaters aren't that large.

inception Profile Photo
inception
#53Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/27/18 at 12:26pm

haterobics said: "Weren't the ticket prices announced beforehand anyway? It's rarely a surprise... and they usually don't have much in the way of tiered pricing AFAIK, since the theaters aren't that large."

Exactly

Here's a better example of how good a deal the Public really is, instead of comparing to Mean Girls etc.  For my trip in December I got tickets to one of jazz trumpeter Chris Botti's late night shows at the Blue Note, & that set me back about $130/ticket with service charges.

Edit: AND we STILL have to do a 2 drink minimum!

Updated On: 7/27/18 at 12:26 PM

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#54Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/27/18 at 2:09pm

I paid $50 to see Hamilton from the third row.

So, hard to complain about membership fees there. Ever.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#55Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/27/18 at 3:27pm

I'm really holding out for a rush? Anyone know if they'll have one for this?

MadsonMelo
#56Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/27/18 at 3:48pm

$20 rush for TodayTix. Don't know how many will be available tho.

GVS2
#57Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/27/18 at 11:16pm

Just bought tickets for another performance in November.  Many of the performances are already sold out.  I suspect that it will be sold out before it even opens, or immediately after the first few shows.  For those who are waiting, I would advise against it if you are able to buy.  Having seen this show twice in London, I can say that the amount of people who will be trying to get the rush tickets will be abundant.  This is not a production to miss!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#58Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 7/28/18 at 10:31am

GVS2 said: "Just bought tickets for another performance in November. Many of the performances are already sold out. I suspect that it will be sold out before it even opens, or immediately after the first few shows. For those who are waiting, Iwould advise against it if you are able to buy. Having seen this show twice in London, I can say that the amount of people who will be trying to get the rush tickets will be abundant. This is not a production to miss!"

I already had a front-row seat to see the show in September, but your post encouraged me to pick up another one for one of the added shows in November. I've listened a bit to the London cast recording, and it sounds absolutely beautiful. Thanks for giving me the idea!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#59Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/2/18 at 6:46pm

FYI, quite a few seats are available for Thursday 9/27, at 8:00 p.m.

BWAY Baby2
#60Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/2/18 at 7:37pm

Saw it in London last March, 2018. Have to say I did not care for it. Nor did my brother. It is kinda of a downer- okay- it does take place during the Depression- and the characters are all down and outers- but still- just not a good time in the theater. I happen to love drama- Iceman Cometh, 3 Tall Women - my type of theater. But Girl From The North Country, for me- just not all that engrossing. The music - Dylan- and not the well known songs- is okay- but all in all- a sullen affair. 

SchuylWERKsister Profile Photo
SchuylWERKsister
#61Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/2/18 at 11:19pm

Samantha Marie Ware is no longer in this. Marianne is Kimber Sprawl

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#62Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/2/18 at 11:37pm

SchuylWERKsister said: "Samantha Marie Ware is no longer in this. Marianne is Kimber Sprawl"

Weird that it was announced then changed so soon. I saw Ware in Hamilton in Chicago and was looking forward to seeing her in something else. Anyone have any idea why the change?

SDV Profile Photo
SDV
#63Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/2/18 at 11:43pm

Maybe someone saw This Ain’t No Disco.

smidge
#64Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/2/18 at 11:44pm

gleek4114 said: "SchuylWERKsister said: "Samantha Marie Ware is no longer in this. Marianne is Kimber Sprawl"

Weird that it was announced then changed so soon. I saw Ware in Hamilton in Chicago and was looking forward to seeing her in something else. Anyone have any idea why the change?
"

This Ain't No Disco can't possibly be extending/transferring, can it?

BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#65Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/2/18 at 11:48pm

gleek4114 said: "Weird that it was announced then changed so soon. I saw Ware in Hamilton in Chicago and was looking forward to seeing her in something else. Anyone have any idea why the change?"

As SchuylWERKsister astutely noted on another thread, we found out today that Hamilton Broadway's current Peggy/Maria is gearing up to leave. It might be possible that Ware is headed to take her place at the Rodgers instead?

JudyDenmark Profile Photo
JudyDenmark
#66Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/3/18 at 11:40am

I had never heard of this show, read about it in a couple of threads here last night, bought a second row ticket for the end of previews, and now could NOT be more excited. I love Dylan's writing so much, and it sounds like it couldn't be used more effectively here. 

Is it safe to assume this will be treated as a musical come awards season? I keep seeing it referred to as a play with music, but this seems to be more than the usual. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#67Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/3/18 at 12:04pm

JudyDenmark said: "Is it safe to assume this will be treated as a musical come awards season? I keep seeing it referred to as aplay with music,but this seems to be more than the usual."

It depends on how the producers petition it and how the Tony administration committee feels. The Public is strategically referring to it as a "show" (not play or musical) on their website. 

The Oliviers considered it a musical –– but they also considered 30-year-old Dreamgirls a new musical simply because it had never played London before. And Audra won the Tony for Actress in a Play for what was basically a vocal performance in Lady Day. So who knows?

Updated On: 8/3/18 at 12:04 PM

starcatchers Profile Photo
starcatchers
#68Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/3/18 at 12:13pm

smidge said: "gleek4114 said: "SchuylWERKsister said: "Samantha Marie Ware is no longer in this. Marianne is Kimber Sprawl"

"

This Ain't No Disco can't possibly be extending/transferring, can it?
"

It’s definitely not extending, and I wouldn’t imagine it was transferring. 

the artist formerly known as dancingthrulife04 Check out my Etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/dreamanddrift And please consider donating to my Ride to Remember, benefitting the Alzheimer's Association: http://act.alz.org/site/TR?fr_id=8200&pg=personal&px=6681234

Danielle49
#69Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/19/18 at 9:20pm

Has anyone grabbed student tickets at the box office for this yet? I wanted to stop by tomorrow and pick one up but wanted to verify that this production is participating

thegamesiplay
#70Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/19/18 at 11:30pm

I’ve picked up student tickets! $30, and make sure you have your ID.

Danielle49
#71Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 8/20/18 at 12:30am

thegamesiplay said: "I’ve picked up student tickets! $30, and make sure you have your ID."

Great, thanks! I’ll be sure to grab one!

Danielle49
#72Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 9/6/18 at 3:06pm

The announcement has been pretty quiet so far, but the show’s extended through December 9th. Wish I would’ve waited to grab student tickets so I could’ve gotten way better seats but I’m excited nonetheless!

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#73Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 9/6/18 at 3:24pm

Just looked and they're selling super fast. Get your tickets now if you're interested.

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#74Girl From The North Country - Public Theater?
Posted: 9/6/18 at 4:06pm

98% of the shows show no seats, so it's safe to say this will be a tough ticket, especially if word of mouth spreads and is positive.