pixeltracker

Jim Parsons tripped onstage - Saturday Eve. performance cancelled- Page 5

Jim Parsons tripped onstage - Saturday Eve. performance cancelled

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#100Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 4:27am

greenifyme2 said: "Menken Fan said: "Saw the show tonight. Terrific production, and as you’d expect from someone like Matt, he was amazing for his first time on with probably too little preparation. If he hadn’t called for a line just a couple times, nobody would have known. No one should skip this or be disappointed just because one of the TV stars isn’t on. "

I’m so curious about this as I’ve never seen someone call for a line, even though I see most shows in previews! Is someone standing in the wings with a script? Does he literally say “line?” And someone says it out loud for him to repeat? Or is he wearing an ear piece? I find this all fascinating, what a tough job these understudies and swings have.
"

At literally every show there is a stage manager positioned off stage with a script. His/her job is primarily to call light, sound and set cues, but s/he can also call out a line to an actor who is in trouble. Maybe they added a separate prompter for such a large role as Michael, but it usually isn't necessary.

mailhandler777
#101Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 5:11am

JBroadway said: "For the record, none of the actors are above the title, so wouldn't that technically mean the tickets are not eligible for refund? Or is that rule just a myth?"

It's a myth. For most shows if a lead is out you can still get a refund even if they aren't listed above the title. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#102Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 6:05am

JBroadway said: "For the record, none of the actors are above the title, so wouldn't that technically mean the tickets are not eligible for refund? Or is that rule just a myth?"

Not a myth. A refund MUST be made if requested for above the title. Fot under, it CAN be granted. 

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Auggie27 Profile Photo
Auggie27
#103Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 7:50am

Do we really have to reductively nail Parsons as a "TV actor"?  He's done "Normal Heart" and "Harvey," successfully. I think his street cred as a stage performer is decided. And his absence is unrelated to his resume. 

"I'm a comedian, but in my spare time, things bother me." Garry Shandling

BuddyStarr Profile Photo
BuddyStarr
#104Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 8:04am

Auggie27 said: "Do we really have to reductively nail Parsons as a "TV actor"? He's done "Normal Heart" and "Harvey," successfully. I think his street cred as a stage performer is decided. And his absence is unrelated to his resume."

He was also fantastic in "Act of God" which was written for him.

On the "prompting" posts, i saw the first preview of "Follies" way back in 2000 (2001?) with Blythe Danner.  She called for lines throughout the show and during one of her numbers, I don't recall which, she stopped singing and the conductor was singing/prompting her with the lyrics.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#105Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 8:08am

And of course, those of us who saw the circus of boredom that was Forest Whitaker in Hughie will remember his frequent trips upstage to the water cooler, behind which someone very audibly fed him lines.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#106Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 8:30am

kudos to McGrath. Now we have to wonder how long Parsons' will be out?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#107Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 9:32am

Broadway Bob* said: "It didn’t seem like many people asked for refunds as I didn’t see any empty seats in the theater!"

It was a sold out show and there was a cancellation line with at least 10 people outside the theater by showtime. Not sure if any of them got in though. I looked at stubhub and there was one ticket left priced at $440 (no thank you) and that price never changed unfortunately.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#108Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 9:36am

ACL2006 said: "kudos to McGrath. Now we have to wonder how long Parsons' will be out?"

In the recent BWW article it said Jim Parsons fractured his foot (which makes sense since he was definitely limping during curtain call.) It said they expect to have him return this week but no specific date. My guess is by Thursday the earliest given Wednesdays are 2-show days?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#109Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 9:48am

Yeah, I'm guess they're aiming for Thursday for his earliest possible return.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Jim-Parsons-Out-of-THE-BOYS-IN-THE-BAND-Due-to-Foot-Injury-Expected-to-Return-Later-This-Week-20180515

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

newintown Profile Photo
newintown
#110Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 10:26am

I would infinitely prefer seeing McGrath to Parsons.

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#111Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 10:31am

McGrath is definitely more enticing casting to me than Parsons.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."
Updated On: 5/15/18 at 10:31 AM

FrontRowCenter2 Profile Photo
FrontRowCenter2
#112Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 11:23am

Saw this last week and thought it to be very well done, however, I also thought that Parson's was the weak link as part of an overall extraordinary cast.

nikkitax
#113Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 1:11pm

I just got back from my trip to the States and I had a wonderful time seeing 5 shows including TBITB.

I was also there when Parsons tripped. It seems that he was really hurting. I hope he gets better soon.

I saw the play knowing absolutely nothing about it and I really enjoyed it. I was a little hesitant because it wasn't a musical and sometimes I have hard time understanding English.  I didn't get a few jokes, but other than that I thought it was great. I got a center orchestra  (row E) ticket for 179 USD the day before.

The playbill mentions  Kyle Dean Massey as standby for Donald, Larry and  cowboy Tex. It would have been great to see him,  I haven't seen him since Pippin.

Anyways, do you know if Parsons tipically comes out to stage door? I saw everyone but him and Rannells (previous nights)

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#114Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 4:06pm

Wow I did not know Kyle Dean Massey was a standby. Would love to see him in the show.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#115Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 4:13pm

LesWickedly said: "Wow I did not know Kyle Dean Massey was a standby. Would love to see him in the show."

I knew from his Instagram.  If you want to see some Kyle;  follow his or his husbands ( Taylor Frey) account on  instagram.

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!
Updated On: 5/15/18 at 04:13 PM

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#116Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 5:18pm

The show's website says Jim Parsons "returns to the party tonight." Sure?

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#117Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 5:33pm

That's great that he feels good enough to walk up and down despite the foot fracture!

Hotcoffeems
#118Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 5:42pm

Don’t know if he’ll stage door post-injury, but otherwise he almost always does and has after every production he’s been in.  

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#119Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 6:34pm

everythingtaboo said: "The show's website says Jim Parsons "returns to the party tonight." Sure?"

Why rush him back? Let McGrath go on and, at best, let Parsons come back Wednesday evening.

haterobics Profile Photo
haterobics
#120Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 6:50pm

ACL2006 said: "Why rush him back? Let McGrath go on and, at best, let Parsons come back Wednesday evening."

Who said he's being rushed back? I mean, people are buying tickets to see him, so he likely feels an obligation to be there, so if he and his doctors are OK with it...

UncleCharlie
#121Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/15/18 at 10:15pm

Whether he comes back tonight or not, I'm just happy the doctors were able to save the leg.

RexInLights
#122Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/16/18 at 6:52pm

There are signs throughout the theater that say, “Jim Parsons will be performing tonight’s show with a walking boot and a cane. He is not in pain!”

So there it is.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#123Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/16/18 at 7:06pm

RexInLights said: "There are signs throughout the theater that say, “Jim Parsons will be performing tonight’s show with a walking boot and a cane. He is not in pain!”

So there it is.
"

I don't understand this. Are they really trying to avoid as many people as possible asking for refunds if Parsons is out? They should have at least split today with McGrath doing one show and Parsons the other.

dearalanaaaa Profile Photo
dearalanaaaa
#124Jim Parsons tripped onstage today
Posted: 5/16/18 at 7:08pm

RexInLights said: "There are signs throughout the theater that say, “Jim Parsons will be performing tonight’s show with a walking boot and a cane. He is not in pain!”

So there it is.
"

Poor guy-- he deserves a medical leave. I can't believe they're so worried about money they will sacrifice an actors health. I wonder if they can incorporate the cane into the show sometime. Also I don't know if there are elaborate costumes, but wouldn't the cane ruin some costumes (and quick changes)??

Videos