pixeltracker

Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage- Page 3

Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#50Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 9/10/18 at 8:27am

" In theory, you are correct, but as its been said, because this is at the Museum, they have an unorthodox schedule."

Conservative, even?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#51Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 9/10/18 at 12:54pm

Bwahahaha....what a mensch!

(I had a similar thought when writing!)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#52Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 9/10/18 at 10:06pm

I'm looking at tickets for a Thursday matinee in October, and everything left is on the far right, far left, or in the back center. Will I miss anything if I get a front seat that's off to the far sides?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#53Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 9/10/18 at 10:39pm

No, I dont think so, the house isnt terribly wide, not would there be anything obstructing your view. As far as sitting in the back, this isnt a very large theater- so I wouldn't worry about that.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kitsune Profile Photo
Kitsune
#54Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 9/11/18 at 12:19am

dramamama611 said: "No, I dont think so, the house isnt terribly wide, not would there be anything obstructing your view. As far as sitting in the back, this isnt a very large theater- so I wouldn't worry about that."

Thanks so much! Ended up going for center back. Excited that this extended and I get to see it!

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#55Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 9/24/18 at 10:03am

Extended again thru November 18.

Pammylicious Profile Photo
Pammylicious
#56Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 9/24/18 at 10:03am

Extended again thru November 18.

toddles
#57Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 10/17/18 at 11:43am

I paid full price for 2 seats Row J center on 10/21/18 and sadly can't use them.  Is anyone interested?

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#58Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 10/17/18 at 1:33pm

This got extended again until December 30. I noticed their performance schedule is odd though. They have a week with no performances, some weeks with only 3/4 shows and most weeks only have 6/7 shows. Curious what the cast is getting paid?

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#60Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/8/18 at 8:11pm

Hoping it keeps the schedule it currently has (Thursday and Friday matinees) so I can fit it in on my next trip.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#61Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/8/18 at 8:13pm

Just realized this is according to Michael Rieidel

Just give the world Love.

HogansHero Profile Photo
HogansHero
#62Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/8/18 at 9:47pm

Oy. If this is true that is very sad news. 

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#63Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 10:54am

HogansHero said: "Oy. If this is true that is very sad news."

Would you explain why? Is it because it’s unlikely to succeed there from a financial perspective, or is there another reason or reasons.

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

round2 Profile Photo
round2
#64Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 10:55am

HogansHero said: "Oy. If this is true that is very sad news."

I've never been in this theater, and don't know enough about it to understand why this would be a bad choice for this production. Is it too small for its size for this FIDDLER to be profitable? Unappealing generally in some other ways?

jbird5
#65Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 3:19pm

It actually has 499 seats, one short of being a Broadway theater. It doesn’t have a great track record of successful shows. The only thing I’ve seen there is Trip of Love. Nuff said.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#66Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 3:23pm

It’s also going from a concert hall setting to a legit theater, so wonder if the production will be “enhanced” in any way? Kind of wish they had chosen one of the Theatre Row theaters instead.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#67Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 3:34pm

RippedMan said: "It’s also going from a concert hall setting to a legit theater, so wonder if the production will be “enhanced” in any way? Kind of wish they had chosen one of the Theatre Row theaters instead."

Stage 42 is a Theatre Row theatre.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#68Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 3:44pm

CT2NYC said: "RippedMan said: "It’s also going from a concert hall setting to a legit theater, so wonder if the production will be “enhanced” in any way? Kind of wish they had chosen one of the Theatre Row theaters instead."

Stage 42 isa Theatre Row theatre.
"

I think CT2NYC meant a theater in the actual Tbeatre Row building.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#69Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 4:00pm

uncageg said: "CT2NYC said: "RippedMan said: "It’s also going from a concert hall setting to a legit theater, so wonder if the production will be “enhanced” in any way? Kind of wish they had chosen one of the Theatre Row theaters instead."

"

"

Ah, OK.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#70Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 8:24pm

CT2NYC said: "uncageg said: "CT2NYC said: "RippedMan said: "It’s also going from a concert hall setting to a legit theater, so wonder if the production will be “enhanced” in any way? Kind of wish they had chosen one of the Theatre Row theaters instead."

"

"

Ah, OK.
"

Oops...meant tosay RippedMan meant a theater inthe actual Tbeatre Row building!

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#71Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 8:40pm

uncageg said: "CT2NYC said: "uncageg said: "CT2NYC said: "RippedMan said: "It’s also going from a concert hall setting to a legit theater, so wonder if the production will be “enhanced” in any way? Kind of wish they had chosen one of the Theatre Row theaters instead."

"

"

Ah, OK.
"

Oops...meant tosay RippedMan meant a theater inthe actual Tbeatre Row building!"

I knew what you meant. Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#72Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/9/18 at 10:27pm

Stage 42 is just a big undertaking. Ushers, staff, etc.

VintageSnarker
#73Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/11/18 at 5:37am

RippedMan said: "It’s also going from a concert hall setting to a legit theater, so wonder if the production will be “enhanced” in any way? Kind of wish they had chosen one of the Theatre Row theaters instead."

Based on clips I've seen, I would hope so as well as they'll have a much bigger stage to fill. I like Stage 42 even if it's usually home to flops. It's a comfortable venue with good sightlines even if it feels more like a movie theater. Trip of Love looked cheap in there but after seeing the Smokey Joe's Cafe set, I think it could be the home of a more legitimate production. 

EthelMae Profile Photo
EthelMae
#74Yiddish Fiddler at the Museum of Jewish Heritage
Posted: 11/11/18 at 8:38pm

I wish this Fiddler well. I haven’t seen it but plan to. There is nothing “wrong” with Stage 42. I understand Fiddler is coming from a smaller venue but I assume the Producers couldn’t afford to go all the way to Broadway so they settled for the largest size Off Broadway house to try and turn a profit, which is harder to do in a smaller Off Broadway house, plus it’s midtown and near many restaurants and theatre row.
Oh, yes, please leave Trip of Love alone! It’s gone now. It entertained many for nearly a year (about 10 months)- longest show at Stage 42, I believe. Employed actors, stage managers and staff. That’s a good thing. Also, kept that theatre lit which is better for the neighborhood than months of seeing a dark theatre with gates down and “See a Show Just for the Fun of It” on a marquee.
Slow curtain. The end.