pixeltracker

What's Next for the Winter Garden?- Page 2

What's Next for the Winter Garden?

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#25What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 1:43pm

Love Never Dies would be such a foolish waste of money.

Broadway World's Fireman.

Brave Sir Robin2 Profile Photo
Brave Sir Robin2
#26What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 1:47pm

I'm just saying, I wouldn't be shocked if LOVE NEVER DIES came in for a limited run in the spring when the tour closes.

"I saw Pavarotti play Rodolfo on stage and with his girth I thought he was about to eat the whole table at the Cafe Momus." - Dollypop

Jonwo
#27What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 1:57pm

I reckon Beetlejuice will debut later in 2019 as I can't imagine Alex Timbers being able to do both Beetlejuice and Moulin Rouge on Broadway at the same time. 

little_sally Profile Photo
little_sally
#28What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:00pm

I suspect it's too big for Jagged Little Pill. Any rumors as to where that show might end up?

A little swash, a bit of buckle - you'll love it more than bread.

DaveyG
#29What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:00pm

Moulin Rouge is not planning to come to Broadway this season. It’s waiting until 19-20 because of King Kong. So, Beetlejuice would happen first if they can secure a theatre.

bwayrose7 Profile Photo
bwayrose7
#30What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:10pm

DaveyG said: "Moulin Rouge is not planning to come to Broadway this season. It’s waiting until 19-20 because of King Kong. So, Beetlejuice would happen first if they can secure a theatre."

This is not true. Things may change between now and spring (and depending on how the Boston run is received) but, to my knowledge, the plan is still to bring MR in for spring 2019.

CaseyBrent41
#31What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:10pm

I could see Jagged going to the Jacobs post Ferryman but not somewhere as big as the Winter Garden. 

Valentina3 Profile Photo
Valentina3
#32What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:22pm

What about Tootsie?

Caption: Every so often there was a rare moment of perfect balance when I soared above him.

perfectliar
#33What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:26pm

DaveyG said: "Moulin Rouge is not planning to come to Broadway this season. It’s waiting until 19-20 because of King Kong. So, Beetlejuice would happen first if they can secure a theatre."

What does King Kong have to do with Moulin Rouge?

seanmcdonagh121
#34What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:27pm

perfectliar said: "DaveyG said: "Moulin Rouge is not planning to come to Broadway this season. It’s waiting until 19-20 because of King Kong. So, Beetlejuice would happen first if they can secure a theatre."

What does King Kong have to do with Moulin Rouge?
"

Same producers. I did read somewhere that the producers didn’t want to have two productions open in the same season. 

JennH
#35What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:32pm

BroadwayConcierge said: "JBroadway said: "Wouldn't it be great if theSecret Garden opened at the Winter Garden this Winter? In SECRET??"

"

I face palmed so hard at that, but I also laughed hard laugh

perfectliar
#36What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:38pm

seanmcdonagh121 said: "Same producers. I did read somewhere that the producers didn’t want to have two productions open in the same season."

Oh. I mean, with how scarce theatres have been in the past few seasons, you'd think you would jump at the chance to make money when you can.

To answer the thread question, though, I would love for it to be something totally out of left field, like Bull Durham or A Sign of the Times or The Preacher's Wife.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#37What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:54pm

MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#38What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 2:57pm

Call_me_jorge said: "MAMMA MIA! HERE WE GO AGAIN"

Ha! That nearly made me snort water out of my nose.

benwilsonn.xo
#39What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:02pm

DREAMGIRLS DREAMGIRLS DREAMGIRLS

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#40What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:04pm

ucjrdude902 said: "A producer friend has mentioned Dreamgirls is clamoring to get it."

God I'd love with all the will they won't they with these other shows for Dreamgirls to swoop in!

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#41What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 3:59pm

They would have to make the physical production of Dreamgirls MUCH bigger!

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#42What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 4:05pm

devonian.t said: "They would have to make the physical production of Dreamgirls MUCH bigger!"

It would be the WE production right? Based on the videos I’ve seen, that production looks pretty massive 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#43What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 4:14pm

In all seriousness I could see dreamgirls taking the winter garden. Beetljuice seems like it might take a more intimate theatre and moulin rouge(if the producers really don’t want it competing with King Kong) will probably wait out a season. Tootsie is also a very good guess.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

CaseyBrent41
#44What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 4:16pm

TOOTSIE is going to the Marquis and Moulin Rouge to the Hirschfeld in 19/20

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#45What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 4:22pm

It would be the WE production right? Based on the videos I’ve seen, that production looks pretty massive

It isn't. Just lots of lights and scaffolding 

everythingtaboo Profile Photo
everythingtaboo
#46What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 4:34pm

BroadwayNYC2 said: "It would be the WE production right? Based on the videos I’ve seen, that production looks pretty massive

It isn't. Just lots of lights and scaffolding
"

If Mamma Mia could expand a bit to fill the stage, so can Dreamgirls.

"Hey little girls, look at all the men in shiny shirts and no wives!" - Jackie Hoffman, Xanadu, 19 Feb 2008

BroadwayNYC2 Profile Photo
BroadwayNYC2
#48What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 5:10pm

If Mamma Mia could expand a bit to fill the stage, so can Dreamgirls.

Not disagreeing, just saying it is by no means a massive show. It would fit better in a 1300 seat theater with a smaller stage. 

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#49What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 5:11pm

Spring '19 Limited Engagement

Fall '19

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#50What's Next for the Winter Garden?
Posted: 7/17/18 at 6:14pm

I am thinking signs are pointing pretty heavily towards Dreamgirls. Someone posted in the Dreamgirls topic that they have put up a casting call for the end of the month so they are moving forward for this season for sure. If not Winter Garden, where else might it have secured a theatre for this season?

Videos