Company London

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#200Company London
Posted: 10/25/18 at 11:29am

That review makes the case that Rosalie Craig should also be coming over, whenever this inevitably crosses the pond.

Updated On: 10/25/18 at 11:29 AM

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#201Company London
Posted: 10/25/18 at 1:17pm

SomethingPeculiar said: "Matt Wolf has reviewed it for the NYTimes (and LOVED it).

He and Brantley both reviewed Follies last year (Matt in September, followed by Ben in November), so I still wouldn't be surprised if Brantley weighs in during his next London trip, whenever that may be.
"

Damn I reached my level of reading free articles on the NYT!!!

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

Sondheimite Profile Photo
Sondheimite
#202Company London
Posted: 10/25/18 at 2:27pm

Robbie2 said: "SomethingPeculiar said: "Matt Wolf has reviewed it for the NYTimes (and LOVED it).

He and Brantley both reviewed Follies last year (Matt in September, followed by Ben in November), so I still wouldn't be surprised if Brantley weighs in during his next London trip, whenever that may be.
"

"

Open up an incognito window on Chrome and open the article on there :)  

Broadway World's Fireman.

Robbie2 Profile Photo
Robbie2
#203Company London
Posted: 10/25/18 at 3:34pm

Sondheimite said: "Robbie2 said: "SomethingPeculiar said: "Matt Wolf has reviewed it for the NYTimes (and LOVED it).

"

"

Open up an incognito window on Chrome and open the article on there :)
"

Thanks yup already did :)

"Anything you do, let it it come from you--then it will be new." Sunday in the Park with George

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#204Company London
Posted: 10/25/18 at 5:47pm

Good news! Baz B from the Daily Mail just tweeted:

“Bobbie, we’ve been thinking of you” and the @CompanyWestEnd cast recording that will be recorded of the landmark @_elliottharper production in November, if contracts can be signed in time . What a time to be alive!

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#205Company London
Posted: 10/25/18 at 6:58pm

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Marianne-Elliott-To-Direct-DEATH-OF-A-SALESMAN-On-The-West-End-in-2019-20181025

Looks like Elliott has another project lined up for next spring, so if Company is transferring they’d need to work around that.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#206Company London
Posted: 10/25/18 at 7:00pm

Part of me feels like this won’t transfer.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Sondheimite
#207Company London
Posted: 10/25/18 at 9:59pm

Bwayfan292 said: "Part of me feels like this won’t transfer."

Don't fret, it is.  

I don't know if this season or next season...

but it'll play Broadway. 

binau Profile Photo
binau
#208Company London
Posted: 10/26/18 at 7:53am

Could this production be the best Sondheim revival ever?

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Catsbroadwayfan
#209Company London
Posted: 10/26/18 at 3:11pm

I would say it could be, but I adored the last sunday in the park revival.

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#210Company London
Posted: 10/26/18 at 3:40pm

Just feels they'll wait until next Fall to transfer. Tickets are on sale through March 30. It may extend again (through May?). Give whoever a summer rest before rehearsals would start in September.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

RaisedOnMusicals Profile Photo
RaisedOnMusicals
#211Company London
Posted: 10/26/18 at 4:40pm

I’ve heard that they plan on filming this production and screening it worldwide like one of those Fathom Event operas. 

CZJ at opening night party for A Little Night Music, Dec 13, 2009.

GreatBroadwayFan Profile Photo
GreatBroadwayFan
#212Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 4:05pm

They have already teased a cast recording on their Twitter and Instagram accounts BUT if we get a filmed version in addition to a cast recording, I will be the happiest theatre kid in the world!

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#213Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 4:11pm

Doesn't look like a transfer is going to happen, if they pick the flim/cast recording route.

GeorgeandDot Profile Photo
GeorgeandDot
#214Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 4:13pm

Angels, Curious Incident, and War Horse were all broadcast from London before a transfer.

Sondheimite
#215Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 4:13pm

This will play Broadway.  

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#216Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 4:18pm

While yes, the other shows did have broadcasts, thats not the issue. It all comes down to the rumored movie star. If she decided not too do it, and Lupone decides not to do it, this production is dead. So since its still a unknown, they might film/cast record so at least the performances are out there.

As much as we love Patti, she wont see enough tickets (from the general public) for a commerical company run. They need the movie star.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#217Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 4:25pm

Since you mentioned Anne Hathaway earlier, I think thats just a rumor, next fall she is shooting three movies, The shower, The lifeboat, and The last thing he wanted. So mabye a spring 2020? (If its even her)

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#218Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 4:47pm

Coincidentally, I just discovered there's a big possibility I'll be seeing this in March on a layover as I go to Berlin to see Tanz der Vampire.  I feel like I should buy a Power Ball ticket today.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#219Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 8:05pm

Nice! I hope that works for you, MM!

I’m seeing it in mid-December, and really looking forward to it!

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

BJR Profile Photo
BJR
#220Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 8:39pm

Rumor I heard was it would be an entirely or mostly American cast. (Yes, with Patti.) So, it's possible they're recording for that reason. And I heard they want it here this season, but indeed that means moving quickly.

givesmevoice Profile Photo
givesmevoice
#221Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 9:53pm

I just hope that if they transfer this season Patti still does her 70th birthday concert with the New York Philharmonic in May.

When I see the phrase "the ____ estate", I imagine a vast mansion in the country full of monocled men and high-collared women receiving letters about productions across the country and doing spit-takes at whatever they contain. -Kad

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
BroadwayConcierge Profile Photo
BroadwayConcierge
#223Company London
Posted: 11/1/18 at 11:07pm

Dear God, please!!!

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#224Company London
Posted: 11/2/18 at 12:59am

I'm very late into this thread.

I have seen Company many times and it's the music that I love--couldn't care less about who is up who--or not or who is missing out--never do the D&M after the show, just get carried away[intentional] with the melodious concoction in front of me.

Any reason[of course there must be many] why London and not New York first with this concept?