pixeltracker

SIX: THE MUSICAL ON BROADWAY- Page 17

SIX: THE MUSICAL ON BROADWAY

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#400Six reviews
Posted: 7/20/19 at 3:32pm

Haven’t seen the show, but wonder if people see it off-Broadway, in Chicago, Boston and/or Canada (or a cruise ship) if they’d be willing to pay to see it again on Broadway. Obviously, it’s a hot property right now and there are a lot of potential first time customers in New York, but I do wonder if there is a danger of over-saturating the market if Broadway is the ultimate goal.

chrishuyen
#401Six reviews
Posted: 7/20/19 at 3:39pm

Miles2Go2 said: "Haven’t seen the show, but wonder if people see it off-Broadway, in Chicago, Boston and/or Canada (or a cruise ship) if they’d be willing to pay to see it again on Broadway. Obviously, it’s a hot property right now and there are a lot of potential first time customers in New York, but I do wonder if there is a danger of over-saturating the market if Broadway is the ultimate goal."

I think having it play off-Broadway directly before Broadway would be unwise since it would probably take away from Broadway audiences, and it also seems to fit better into an off-Broadway space (I also haven't seen it).  But I don't think the Boston/Chicago stops would hurt it.  If anything, it would increase word of mouth for American audiences and prove that it's not just a UK property.  (And also Ain't Too Proud also did quite a few stops before reaching Broadway and it's doing just fine, granted it's a vastly different show and also had a built-in fanbase, but I think the point still stands.)

Papi2013
#402Six reviews
Posted: 7/22/19 at 8:02pm

The buzz during the Chicago engagement has changed the road this show is going to take.  According to breakdown services and as commented in this instagram ; the cruise ship engagement has been pulled. 

https://www.instagram.com/chicagoshakes/?hl=en

Updated On: 7/22/19 at 08:02 PM

RWPrincess
#403Six reviews
Posted: 7/23/19 at 6:31pm

Saw this over the weekend in Chicago and cannot wait for this to get to NY so I can see it again. Very respectful audience: lots of loud cheers and applause but no singing along either. Some cosplay too. However, some of the older folks(maybe age 60+) around me didn't have much of a reaction until the end. I think this could work in a smaller Broadway theater but also think it could work at NWS. 

I did the stage door afterwards and met all 6 wives. I told them I hoped to see them in NY next year. I got some fingers crossed and we hope so too type responses. Anyway, if you're in Boston, don't hesitate to see this. Lots of fun!

dangeresque49
#404Six reviews
Posted: 7/23/19 at 8:02pm

Hardly even a ticket available for resale at any price in the last week in Chicago. I think that says a lot. Some people I know still hope they can get tickets. Unlikely. 

MNNiceorIce Profile Photo
MNNiceorIce
#405Six reviews
Posted: 7/25/19 at 5:54pm

With Hicks out the rest of the run in Chicago a swing is on and for some crazy reason she’s wearing a costume that’s identical to another queen she’s sharing the stage with. In London, the swings have their own “unique” costumes, right?

curel1
#406Six reviews
Posted: 7/25/19 at 6:13pm

MNNiceorIce said: "With Hicks out the rest of the run in Chicago a swing is on and for some crazy reason she’s wearing a costume that’s identical to another queen she’s sharing the stage with. In London, the swings have their own “unique” costumes, right?"

They both wear pants instead of dresses but they're definitely not identical

VotePeron Profile Photo
VotePeron
#407Six reviews
Posted: 7/25/19 at 6:20pm

They are identical, but the understudy isn’t wearing the poofy shoulder piece.

Links:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0U1QNihBOO/?igshid=wvu5xtidkl1w

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0SPLHqn-0V/?igshid=1v3tcoufx6gsb

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#408Six reviews
Posted: 7/25/19 at 6:26pm

Meanwhile, London is having its second sing-a-long performance.

I realize a short run like Chicago or Boston can't necessarily squeeze in a "sing-a-long" performance - well, it's probably too late for Chicago - but, hey, Boston, are you listening?

teatime2
#409Six reviews
Posted: 7/25/19 at 6:28pm

VotePeron said: "They are identical, but the understudy isn’t wearing the poofy shoulder piece.

Links:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B0U1QNihBOO/?igshid=wvu5xtidkl1w

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0SPLHqn-0V/?igshid=1v3tcoufx6gsb
"

They aren't identical. Nila's Standby costume is Vicki's from the UK but with pants.

Scarlet Leigh Profile Photo
Scarlet Leigh
#410Six reviews
Posted: 7/25/19 at 8:23pm

The fact the colors are so close makes them look identical. I kind of hope they go with something different for her in Boston because it's REALLY noticeable how close they are when they are now on stage together.

KnewItWhenIWasInFron
#411Six reviews
Posted: 7/26/19 at 2:23pm

Another engagement about to be announced that will keep "Six" away from New York at least through the end of the year.

zainmax
#412Six reviews
Posted: 7/26/19 at 2:53pm

KnewItWhenIWasInFron said: "Another engagement about to be announced that will keep "Six" away from New York at least through the end of the year."

Where?

DCS
#413Six reviews
Posted: 7/26/19 at 3:07pm

KnewItWhenIWasInFron said: "Another engagement about to be announced that will keep "Six" away from New York at least through the end of the year."

Even if there wasn't an additional engagement, I don't think the producers would want to bring the show in to NY in the dead of winter anyway....I would think, regardless, they would wait until Spring.  But still curious to hear if this really happens and there is indeed another engagement announced after the run at the Citadel in Edmonton (which ends Nov 24th)

gleek4114 Profile Photo
gleek4114
#414Six reviews
Posted: 7/26/19 at 3:30pm

Mallory Maedke is making her debut tonight in Chicago as Boleyn! Bummed I’ll miss her by a day if she doesn’t go on again tomorrow.

Elegance101 Profile Photo
Elegance101
#415Six reviews
Posted: 7/26/19 at 9:14pm

ggersten said: "Meanwhile, London is having its second sing-a-long performance.

I realize a short run like Chicago or Boston can't necessarily squeeze in a "sing-a-long" performance - well, it's probably too late for Chicago - but, hey, Boston, are you listening?
"

They probably won't do anything like that before they get to New York.

Scarlet Leigh
#416Six reviews
Posted: 7/26/19 at 10:53pm

I am impatiantly waiting for someone to post some Megasix clips with Mallory on social media. There is one of the end it but I really want to see her solo bit.

wish i were here2 Profile Photo
wish i were here2
#417Six reviews
Posted: 7/26/19 at 11:29pm

Scarlet Leigh said: "I am impatiantly waiting for someone to post some Megasix clips with Mallory on social media. There is one of the end it but I really want to see her solo bit."

https://www.instagram.com/p/B0Z2PzqH_5I/?igshid=wcw53nvmoz05

Scarlet Leigh
#418Six reviews
Posted: 7/27/19 at 12:52am

wish i were here2 said: "Scarlet Leigh said: "I am impatiantly waiting for someone to post some Megasix clips with Mallory on social media. There is one of the end it but I really want to see her solo bit."

"

Looooooooooove! Thank you!

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#419Six reviews
Posted: 7/28/19 at 5:33pm

Meanwhile, across the pond, a mixture of illnesses, injury, vacations depleted the available cast, so Toby Marlow - one of the creators - stepped in as Parr.  It was performed as a "concert" since Marlow and Genesis didn't know the choreo/blocking.  (Genesis stepped in once before).  Supposedly, they offered all persons with tix - including those who attended - were offered tickets to another "proper" show.

On Edit: Well, that sucks. The video looked like it posted initially, but it's not here now. So, here's a link: Toby Marlow as Parr in Six (in London)

Updated On: 7/28/19 at 05:33 PM

Impossible2
#420Six reviews
Posted: 7/28/19 at 6:58pm

ggersten said: "Meanwhile, across the pond, a mixture of illnesses, injury, vacations depleted the available cast, so Toby Marlow - one of the creators - stepped in as Parr. It was performed as a "concert" since Marlow and Genesis didn't know the choreo/blocking. (Genesis stepped in once before). Supposedly, they offered all persons with tix - including those who attended - were offered tickets to another "proper" show.

Oh God, I am going Thursday. I hope it's sorted by then Six reviews 

"

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#421Six reviews
Posted: 7/28/19 at 7:17pm

wish i were here2 said: "Scarlet Leigh said: "I am impatiantly waiting for someone to post some Megasix clips with Mallory on social media. There is one of the end it but I really want to see her solo bit."

"

Holy ****, her voice 

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

MNNiceorIce Profile Photo
MNNiceorIce
#422Six reviews
Posted: 7/29/19 at 12:20pm

It was just announced that SIX will play at The Ordway in St. Paul, MN from November 29 - December 22.

YvanEhtNioj Profile Photo
YvanEhtNioj
#423Six reviews
Posted: 7/29/19 at 1:10pm

I feel like that's so random

Miss Keisha? Miss Keisha? Miss Keishhhaaaa?

DCS
#424Six reviews
Posted: 7/29/19 at 1:58pm

No cast announced for the Ordway engagement, but logically it will likely be the same cast.  I guess this keeps the cast together and employed right up to the holidays.  Will be interesting to see what the timing will be for a NY announcement and what those dates will be.  It's not like this show needs a long preview period.  And, with running costs on the lower end (small cast and small band), it would be very smart of the producers to undercut the top ticket prices of other Broadway shows in order to generate business....how about $66 tix for the entire preview period with limited rush seats at just $6?