Is Dave The Musical dead?

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#1Is Dave The Musical dead?
Posted: 3/6/19 at 9:46pm

Whats the status on DAVE? Was Drew Gehling in yet another out of town flop?

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement
Updated On: 3/14/19 at 09:46 PM

broadway.4me2
#2Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/6/19 at 10:17pm

I hope it’s not! One thing that makes me think it isn’t dead is that on PolkPR’s website it’s listed as a current client and it wasn’t a month ago! So there’s hope!

teatime2
#3Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/6/19 at 10:48pm

Workshop is happening as we speak.

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#4Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/6/19 at 10:58pm

I hope it's not dead. It was so much better than : Beautiful, Summer, Ain't Too Proud, King Kong, Aladin, Cher Show, Frozen, Mean Girls.. just to name a few ... add any other crappy jukebox musical.

UncleCharlie
#5Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/7/19 at 2:37am

Dead? I didn't even know he was sick.

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#6Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/7/19 at 4:20am

South Fl Marc said: "I hope it's not dead. It was so much better than : Beautiful, Summer, Ain't Too Proud, King Kong, Aladin, Cher Show, Frozen, Mean Girls.. just to name a few ... add any other crappy jukebox musical."

Please explain to me how King Kong, Aladdin, Frozen, and Mean Girls are jukebox musicals...?

Wee Thomas2 Profile Photo
Wee Thomas2
#7Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/7/19 at 6:43am

Dave?  Dave's not here

South Fl Marc Profile Photo
South Fl Marc
#8Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/7/19 at 8:53am

Here I Am said: "South Fl Marc said: "I hope it's not dead. It was so much better than : Beautiful, Summer, Ain't Too Proud, King Kong, Aladin, Cher Show, Frozen, Mean Girls.. just to name a few ... add any other crappy jukebox musical."

Please explain to me how King Kong, Aladdin, Frozen, and Mean Girls are jukebox musicals...?

"

Sorry, it probably should have read "plus any other jukebox musical" not on my list. That did not mean that the list only had jukebox musicals on it. Poorly written.

Updated On: 3/7/19 at 08:53 AM

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#9Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/7/19 at 8:59am

teatime2 said: "Workshop is happening as we speak."

Is Drew still involved? Wonder if he’s heading back to waitress once joeys finished.

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

Loopin’theloop
#10Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/7/19 at 10:12am

It would explain the way he posts.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#11Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/7/19 at 10:57am

Who's he?

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#12Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/7/19 at 11:06am

Dead wrong, usually.

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

Here I Am Profile Photo
Here I Am
#13Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 5:00am

Sorry, it probably should have read "plus any other jukebox musical" not on my list. That did not mean that the list only had jukebox musicals on it. Poorly written.

No need to apologize. I was just being picky lol.

Vespertine1228 Profile Photo
Vespertine1228
#14Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 9:33am

They made a joke about this the other night at the [title of show] reunion concert.

Hunter was doing an updated version of the list of musicals based on movies, and when he said Dave he said it like there was a question mark at the end of it.

The joke killed.

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#15Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 10:11am

https://twitter.com/drewgehling/status/1105507673229934600

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

missthemountains Profile Photo
missthemountains
#16Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/14/19 at 11:53pm

Call_me_jorge said: "Whats the status on DAVE? Was Drew Gehling in yet another out of town flop?"

Perhaps I'm missing something, but in recent history, there haven't been many out-of-town Pre-Broadway flops that have closed on the road these days. Or perhaps there have been, that I'm just not aware of. Although I will tell you, Soft Power definitely should've.

RentBoy86
#17Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 12:23am

Surprised Dave didn’t end up off-broadway at least given the creative team involved.

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#18Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 12:43am

missthemountains said: "Call_me_jorge said: "Whats the status on DAVE? Was Drew Gehling in yet another out of town flop?"

Perhaps I'm missing something, but in recent history, there haven't been many out-of-town Pre-Broadway flops that have closed on the road these days. Or perhaps there have been, that I'm just not aware of. Although I will tell you, Soft Power definitely should've.
"

Nutty Professor

gotta dance aka half time

robin and the seven hoods

bk
#19Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 1:40am

The First Wives Club, and several others.

teatime2
#20Is Dave dead?
Posted: 3/15/19 at 1:46am

I said it before and I’ll say it again. It ain’t dead.

MollyJeanneMusic
#21Is Dave dead?
Posted: 12/28/19 at 10:23am

Any news about this?  I just discovered the movie last night and was so excited to learn there was a musical adaptation in the works.

"I think that when a movie says it was 'based on a true story,' oh, it happened - just with uglier people." - Peanut Walker, Shucked

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#22Is Dave dead?
Posted: 12/28/19 at 11:14am

If I’m not mistaken they did another workshop a couple months ago, so I believe it’s still being worked on.

LightsOut90
#23Is Dave dead?
Posted: 12/28/19 at 12:27pm

new songs have been written...

MollyJeanneMusic
#24Is Dave dead?
Posted: 12/28/19 at 2:12pm

Yay!  Thank you guys!

"I think that when a movie says it was 'based on a true story,' oh, it happened - just with uglier people." - Peanut Walker, Shucked