pixeltracker

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man- Page 11

Hugh Jackman in The Music Man

IdinaBellFoster Profile Photo
IdinaBellFoster
#250Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:17am

JayElle said: "tickets likely 700m in orch, but I wonder if current theater goers know who she is...6 years a long time"

MILLIE is one of the most popular high school shows - younger people interested in theatre absolutely know who she is. 

"Oh look at the time, three more intelligent plays just closed and THE ADDAMS FAMILY made another million dollars" -Jackie Hoffman, Broadway.com Audience Awards

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#251Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:17am

ACL2006 said: "This is going to be such a tough ticket to get. Will make getting Hamilton tickets look easy."

Unless a show is a one-time event or a limited run, no ticket is that tough to get if you buy as soon as they go on sale.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#252Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:19am

JayElle said: "tickets likely 700m in orch, but I wonder if current theater goers know who she is...6 years a long time

"

More people will know her from Younger than anything else.

HereAndThere2 Profile Photo
HereAndThere2
#253Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:23am

I see Hugh's show on tour in July.  Interviewed in December, he said that he wanted to have "guests," but didn't know (or wouldn't reveal) who those guests might be.  Hoping that Sutton will be a very special guest.  Please, oh, please!

TheSassySam Profile Photo
TheSassySam
#254Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:29am

Sigh, I was really hoping for Ruthie Ann Miles. 

SomethingPeculiar Profile Photo
SomethingPeculiar
#255Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:30am

I'm curious about the future of YOUNGER, which recently announced it's moving to a new network. Hugh is signed on to this for a year, and I would assume that Sutton's the same, which would make it nearly impossible to film anything during that time.

From THR:  "I've heard her sing it, I think she sings it better than anyone has ever sung it since 1957 and I think she's going to be completely stunning in it in a way that people do not have even the barest understanding of right now," added Rudin, hinting also at further enticing casting to come in the show's key supporting roles. 

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#256Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:30am

Pick me up from the floor.    

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#257Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:32am

So, do people think this will be bigger than Dolly when it was at its peak? Im thinking so. 

HereAndThere2 Profile Photo
HereAndThere2
#258Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:34am

And I love Sutton's statement..........

"There were bells on a hill but I never heard them ringing.  No, I never heard them at all.  Till there was Hugh."

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#259Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:44am

Mike Barrett said: "So, do people think this will be bigger than Dolly when it was at its peak? Im thinking so."

I think so.

For Dolly, only Bette Midler was above the title. I'm guessing for Music Man both Hugh Jackman and Sutton Foster will be above the title?

EdEval
#260Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:45am

That's great.  At least you'll know he'll be able to leap up on the gazeboi's band stand platform in a single bound.

JayElle Profile Photo
JayElle
#261Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:46am

CT2NYC said: "ACL2006 said: "This is going to be such a tough ticket to get. Will make getting Hamilton tickets look easy."
Unless a show is a one-time event or a limited run, no ticket is that tough to get if you buy as soon as they go on sale.
"

Unless it's on Ticketmaster like Springsteen or Potter where u have to have a code to buy  I gave up on Potter when I tried to buy and then lost interest.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#262Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 10:50am

If the show is in a Shubert house then tickets will be on telecharge.  Did Rudin state which theater it will be in yet? 

asoftplacetoland Profile Photo
asoftplacetoland
#263Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:02am

SO excited for this! I am so ready to discover the rest of the casting as we move closer to opening. I wonder if they’ll go with unknowns for the rest of the cast since they already have such stars as the leads? I just can’t wait to see and hear the quartet. Speaking from experience, a good Music Man needs to have an amazing quartet!

jo
#264Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:03am

Interesting that both Telecharge and the Shubert Organization have tweeted the news immediately. Is that a broad hint as to what kind of theatre to expect for this exciting revival wink

LesWickedly Profile Photo
LesWickedly
#265Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:05am

It’s no secret that Rudin works exclusively with the Shuberts. It’ll be in a Shubert house.

theatretenor2 Profile Photo
theatretenor2
#266Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:05am

jo said: "Interesting that both Telecharge and the Shubert Organization have tweeted the news immediately. Is that a broad hint as to what kind of theatre to expect for this exciting revivalwink"

The initial announcement of Hugh already confirmed it will be in a Shubert house.

CT2NYC Profile Photo
CT2NYC
#267Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:06am

jo said: "Interesting that both Telecharge and the Shubert Organization have tweeted the news immediately. Is that a broad hint as to what kind of theatre to expect for this exciting revivalwink"

From the beginning, the show was announced as going into a Shubert house.

disneybroadwayfan22 Profile Photo
disneybroadwayfan22
#268Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:09am

UGH YES! Always great to see Sutton!

jo
#269Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:19am

Mea culpa - it was part of the Hollywood Reporter exclusive report on the first project announcement from Scott Rudin.

Call_me_jorge Profile Photo
Call_me_jorge
#270Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:38am

CT2NYC said: "JayElle said: "tickets likely 700m in orch, but I wonder if current theater goers know who she is...6 years a long time

"

More people will know her fromYoungerthan anything else.
"

I think Shrek being on Netflix helps her stay relevant within the theatre community, especially amongst the stans 

In our millions, in our billions, we are most powerful when we stand together. TW4C unwaveringly joins the worldwide masses, for we know our liberation is inseparably bound. Signed, Theater Workers for a Ceasefire https://theaterworkersforaceasefire.com/statement

TotallyEffed Profile Photo
TotallyEffed
#271Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:45am

Call_me_jorge said: "CT2NYC said: "JayElle said: "tickets likely 700m in orch, but I wonder if current theater goers know who she is...6 years a long time

"

More people will know her fromYoungerthan anything else.
"

I think Shrek being on Netflix helps her stay relevant within the theatre community, especially amongst the stans
"

LOL

TerrenceIsTheMann
#272Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:47am

It's gonna be in the Shubert Theatre, 100%.

ColorTheHours048 Profile Photo
ColorTheHours048
#273Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:47am

I love Sutton, but is anyone else thrown by how... totally wrong she is for the role?

Mike Barrett  Profile Photo
Mike Barrett
#274Hugh Jackman in The Music Man
Posted: 3/25/19 at 11:58am

TerrenceIsTheMann said: "It's gonna be in the Shubert Theatre, 100%."

I 100% suspect this will be the cast as well. Makes too much sense!