pixeltracker

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3- Page 5

Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#100Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 11:00am

If anyone is bothered enough about the loss of a word at the creators approval, just wait until the next day when you’ll inevitably be able to download a copy of it where someone has used to cast recording to add the word back in.

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#101Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 11:17am

Interesting that they include the live audience sounds in the trailer. My impression was this was filmed over several days with the original cast and no audience.

brdway411
#102Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 11:21am

orbops said: "brdway411 said, "Disney cancels 7 dayDisney plus cancels 7 day free trial ahead of Hamilton release on July 3rd."

Living in Portland, scalpers emailed me wanting$350-$1050for front balcony seats to see the touring company in 2021. Disney+ wants $6.99 for one month. I think it's a no brainer - besides, I already used theirfree month to watch Encore, The Mandalorian and High School Musical: The Series.
"

Great. I paid $50 to see it at The Public with the original cast before they made song cuts.  I was informing people that might be looking for that option. 

Fosse76
#103Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 11:43am

Jordan Catalano said: "If anyone is bothered enough about the loss of a word at the creators approval, just wait until the next day when you’ll inevitably be able to download a copy of it where someone has used to cast recording to add the word back in. "

No doubt.  I also wouldn't read too much into the MPAA rating, since they are subjective to the biases of the rater. Since it's being rated for a streaming service (which actually is not a part of the MPAA's jurisdiction), they be even more relaxed with the rating, of they might be harsher. We'll know in two weeks.

trpguyy
#104Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 11:44am

sueb1863 said: "Interesting that they include the live audience sounds in the trailer. My impression was this was filmed over several days with the original cast and no audience."

Like most other shows that have had commercial releases, it was filmed over the course of several days, and then with an audience. Because if we’ve learned anything from months of streamed performances, a show without an audience is barely watchable. 

Fosse76
#105Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 12:20pm

trpguyy said: "sueb1863 said: "Interesting that they include the live audience sounds in the trailer. My impression was this was filmed over several days with the original cast and no audience."

Like most other shows that have had commercial releases, it was filmed over the course of several days, and then with an audience. Because if we’ve learned anything from months of streamed performances, a show without an audience is barely watchable.
"

We learned that from The Sound of Music Live! Although that one is barely watchable for other reasons, too.

jpbran Profile Photo
jpbran
#106Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 12:28pm

According to Wikipedia, it was " edited together from three performances of Hamilton in June 2016... with the original principal Broadway cast members... combined with a few "setup shots" recorded without an audience present."

Betting it's more than "a few". Some of these pro-shot versions include insanely tight (sometimes handheld) shots followed by a wide shot showing no camera where there clearly would have been one in the previous shot. (I know they also use zooms, but it's easy to tell the difference).

Globefan
#107Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 1:01pm

Disney Plus better not bleep it. 

sueb1863 Profile Photo
sueb1863
#108Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 1:01pm

Thanks for the info! I guess we won't have any way of knowing if the audience reactions are real or if they're just canned laughter or applause that was added later.

schubox
#109Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 2:26pm

trpguyy said: "sueb1863 said: "Interesting that they include the live audience sounds in the trailer. My impression was this was filmed over several days with the original cast and no audience."

"

I thought all of it was filmed with an audience, and then they went back and did some pick ups and close ups without one

Jordan Catalano
#110Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 2:27pm

Globefan said: "Disney Plus better not bleep it."

Or what? You’ll cancel your $6 subscription? That’ll show ‘em. 

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#111Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 3:17pm

schubox said: "trpguyy said: "sueb1863 said: "Interesting that they include the live audience sounds in the trailer. My impression was this was filmed over several days with the original cast and no audience."

"

I thought all of it was filmed with an audience, and then they went back and did some pick ups and close ups without one
"

Here is the thread from back in 2016 when it was being filmed. :)

https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1094356#

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

InTheBathroom1
#112Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 3:27pm

Some info on what’s being muted with the language

https://twitter.com/lin_manuel/status/1275146945183580162?s=21

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#113Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 3:33pm

the fu¢ks have been cut Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3 so disappointing

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Jordan Catalano
#114Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 3:37pm

Is it? If that’s the price to pay for people to get to see it, does it really matter? Do we know yet if when it’s released for sale that it won’t be unedited?

And they’re muting two words that everyone knows are being said. Scenes aren’t being cut - this is only a big deal if you have nothing to worry over and want to make it a big deal.

sparksatmidnight
#115Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 3:57pm

Right? When was the last time we got a recording of a massively successful show while it's still showing on Broadway (sorta)? We're getting the whole thing, apparently in an incredible presentation they spent days doing, they got the original cast to record it, it's gonna be available for $7 which is probably cheaper than most movie theatres... and yet you're gonna cry over two f**cks?

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
bear88
#117Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 4:41pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Is it? If that’s the price to pay for people to get to see it, does it really matter? Do we know yet if when it’s released for sale that it won’t be unedited?

And they’re muting two words that everyone knows are being said. Scenes aren’t being cut - this is only a big deal if you have nothing to worry over and want to make it a big deal.
"

I read your conversation with Lin about the taping and the significance of the taped performance of Into the Woods

This is like that, only if Into the Woods was the biggest hit on Broadway in decades, being released while it's still the most popular musical in the world.

Would I like to get an unadulterated version of the show at some point? Absolutely. Am I going to get too upset over two swear words that's on a streaming service my wife and children lobbied for me to get last winter - so I'm basically getting Hamilton for free? No. They're not cutting scenes or anything important to the story.

To the uninitiated, the missing language will seem like the "Sit down, John" line - already bleeped in the stage musical.

ArtMan
#118Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 5:07pm

Okay....I'm going to be that person.  I was reading the BroadwayWorld article and twitter with Lin.  I found it funny that he and the article is not edited.  But when we use the same word in a post, the moderators (or their system) erases it.  Just bored.

Updated On: 6/22/20 at 05:07 PM

ArtMan
#119Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 5:07pm

double

Updated On: 6/22/20 at 05:07 PM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#120Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 5:09pm

Having just watched nearly all the MCU movies during quarantine, I can confirm that they, like Hamilton, have a few curtailed f-bombs. I recall at least one instance of an interrupted “fuuu-,” and I think one “mother-.”

Is it censorship? Yeah. Will it hurt the piece- probably not. Compare the OBC to the Mixtape- the censored MF hits harder and is funnier than the uncensored mixtape version.

MollyJeanneMusic
#121Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 6:05pm

Huss417 said: "schubox said: "trpguyy said: "sueb1863 said: "Interesting that they include the live audience sounds in the trailer. My impression was this was filmed over several days with the original cast and no audience."

"

"

"

The one person who said "Oh, it won't be five years" in regards to how long it would take to release the show must be kicking themselves right now.  (It was in the contest of it'll be more than five years.)  I mean, they were right in that it wasn't five years.  It was four years.

As for the swearing, they didn't use the Hercules Mulligan F-word during the Tony performance that year, and I don't recall anyone having that much of an issue with it.  And the record scratch over the one in Washington on Your Side actually sounds pretty cute, almost like an in-joke to the origins of the show as a concept album.  And we do still get the interrupted word in Say No to This, so if anyone absolutely needs cursing in this, you'll at least get that.

Besides, how could you not be excited with that trailer?  I got chills the second the song transitioned from the title song to Satisfied - and then watched it ten or twenty more times, and continued to get chills every time.  My birthday is July 5th, so this will be an AWESOME early birthday present.

"I think that when a movie says it was 'based on a true story,' oh, it happened - just with uglier people." - Peanut Walker, Shucked

schubox
#122Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 6:23pm

Huss417 said: "schubox said: "trpguyy said: "sueb1863 said: "Interesting that they include the live audience sounds in the trailer. My impression was this was filmed over several days with the original cast and no audience."

"

"

"

I just watched his interview on GMA this morning and he said they filmed with an audience Sunday matinee, then spent all Sunday night, all Monday, and Tuesday morning getting shots without an audience, then recorded the Tuesday night show with an audience. 

gypsy101 Profile Photo
gypsy101
#123Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 6:26pm

Jordan Catalano said: "Is it? If that’s the price to pay for people to get to see it, does it really matter? Do we know yet if when it’s released for sale that it won’t be unedited?

"

it’s because everyone already knows what’s being said that makes it silly

i hope it will be released uncensored be it on blu-ray or maybe on hulu

"Contentment, it seems, simply happens. It appears accompanied by no bravos and no tears."

Jordan Catalano
#124Hamilton Broadway Coming to Disney Plus July 3
Posted: 6/22/20 at 6:42pm

Well, no. It doesn’t make it silly. It’s on a platform that doesn’t show R rated material and the MPAA would have given it that R rating. If you don’t want to watch it because of that, there is (and I hope I’m wrong) nobody with a gun to your head making you do so. When THE WOMEN was filmed for tv, they cut out Jennifer Tully’s butt when she came out of the bathtub but that was the price to pay to get the show filmed and aired and I’ve watched it continuously for years.

It ain’t a big deal.