pixeltracker

Universal's WICKED Films - News & Discussion Thread- Page 57

Universal's WICKED Films - News & Discussion Thread

SweetLips22 Profile Photo
SweetLips22
#1400Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/16/24 at 4:38pm

jlindsey865 said: "SweetLips22 said: "Well I thought that was awful but will still go to see the finished product. That green on black and white on white looked like too much pan cake for me. Overall I wanted to be dazzled Wonka[original] style but maybe that's to come. This clip was too dark."

I'll take "People Who Invalidate Their Opinions By Staying Stupid SH*T" for $200, please.

"The cheque is in the mail.

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#1401Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/17/24 at 11:30am

MagicalMusical said: "I loved the teaser! Yes, it does have a fake, shiny, sometimes cartoony look in some parts, especially the last part where Elphie flies during her riff, but...the costumes are beautiful, the production design is stunning (did you see the intricate, ornate Emerald City?!), Cynthia Erivo's riff is fantastic (I love what somepeoplecalled it, a "battle cry"!), and the acting looks like it miiiight be good to me! I did not get Elphie saying "I am" when Galinda said she was green, like she was surprised to find Galinda was right. If it was sarcasm, I just don't think that was conveyed. Still, I will wait to see if Cynthia manages to be good in this. At least, I think, they managed to make her look like she could be in college right there with Ariana! Ariana's acting actually surprised me as possibly being good, but I once again need to wait and se the film. This only complaint I have is I wish the silver slippers would flash with magical ruby red power from Elphie's spell, to make them both silver slippers and ruby slippers, and the curtain the Wizard's giant head is behind looks chintzy. The one design flaw. Anyway, I am very pleased and very, very excited! I think this will also be one of the few times I buy a musical movie soundtrack!"

You won't have that complaint once you have seen the film wink

jimmycurry01
#1402Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/17/24 at 12:23pm

I saw this take on the Defying Gravity riff, and I rather like her opinion on the subject.

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#1403Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/18/24 at 1:09am

She might be breaking through a window in the trailer as those notes ring out, but its not at that moment in the actual film.

Personally I like it. I'm glad she hasn't copied whats gone before and she has made it her own. People getting all bent out of shape over 5 or 6 seconds of a 6 minute song, when the entire number leads up to it. Of course it wont have the same impact on it's own, but in the actual film, I think it will be fantastic.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1404Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/18/24 at 1:38am

TBFL said: 

People getting all bent out of shape over 5 or 6 seconds of a 6 minute song, when the entire number leads up to it. Of course it wont have the same impact on it's own, but in the actual film, I think it will be fantastic."

I think that's because those notes have become iconic. WICKED fans waited for those notes. And there were actresses after Idina that did make it their own and had people screaming when they raised that broom at the end. There are comparison videos all over YouTube and they were discussed a lot on chat boards. Those "5 or 6 seconds" were a big deal.

I think it is just that there is a roughness to Erivo's voice that kind of takes away from it. After a few listens I found it to be fine but not as thrilling as two out of the 3 actresses I saw in the role onstage. (Idina was one) And I don't know why, but I keep getting this feeling that they used an audio/vocal take for the teaser that isn't going into the final cut of the movie.   JMO

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 2/18/24 at 01:38 AM

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#1405Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/19/24 at 3:21am

Again, how can 5 or 6 notes, iconic or not, compare to the full number with all the build up leading up to it.

Why would you want to repeat what someone else has already done.Saying that, even if she did do the exact same thing, the wicked fans would still complain and say she didn't do it as good as Idina did.

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#1406Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/19/24 at 3:52am

TBFL said: "Again, how can 5 or 6 notes, iconic or not, compare to the full number with all the build up leading up to it.

Why would you want to repeat what someone else has already done.Saying that, even if she did do the exact same thing, the wicked fans would still complain and say she didn't do it as good as Idina did.
"

Again, read my comments.

Some like what she did with it and some don't. For some of us it sounded a bit rough. For others it was fine. She could sing the living daylights out of the rest of the song and still hit those last notes the same way as in the teaser and people will most likely have the same thoughts about it. I don't think anyone will "unhear" what they heard in the teaser because they heard the rest of the song. JMO 

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 2/19/24 at 03:52 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling Profile Photo
ErmengardeStopSniveling
#1407Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/19/24 at 12:38pm

Another addition to the "what is wrong with digital cinematography nowadays?!" genre...Regina King's new Shirley Chisholm biopic for Netflix, which features, among others, Bway vets Brian Stokes Mitchell, Lucas Hedges, Terrence Howard, and Andre Holland. Written & Directed by John Ridley of "Black No More."

Netflix's RUSTIN had a similarly admirable subject, but its writing, directing, and visuals were awful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjBeKNHIdMY

MagicalMusical Profile Photo
MagicalMusical
#1408Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/20/24 at 9:27am

TBFL said: "MagicalMusical said: "This only complaint I have is I wish the silver slippers would flash with magical ruby red power from Elphie's spell, to make them both silver slippers and ruby slippers, and the curtain the Wizard's giant head is behind looks chintzy..."

You won't have that complaint once you have seen the film wink"

Ooooh, thank you, I am excited to see!

QueenAlice Profile Photo
QueenAlice
#1409Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/20/24 at 10:34am

When you watch compilation videos of Elphaba’s doing the final riff, they all sound awful. The riff basically always sounds awful outside of the context of the rest of the song, IMO

“I knew who I was this morning, but I've changed a few times since then.”

BrodyFosse123 Profile Photo
BrodyFosse123
DJD4
#1411Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/20/24 at 7:26pm

This is such a weird thing to complain about. Cynthia sounds great in that clip, and judging her entire vocal performance on a 4 second riff is ridiculous. I can't wait for more footage to come out so people can find something else to hyper focus on. 

Theatre Fan3
#1412Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/26/24 at 7:19pm

Too bad they didn't adopt the release strategy for WICKED that Kevin Costner's HORIZON is getting ... Part 1 is being released June 28 and Part 2 August 16.  That makes a whole lot more sense than making people wait an entire year for the 2nd part.

TheatreFan4 Profile Photo
TheatreFan4
#1413Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/27/24 at 12:19am

Theatre Fan3 said: "Too bad they didn't adopt the release strategy for WICKED that Kevin Costner's HORIZON is getting ... Part 1 is being released June 28 and Part 2 August 16. That makes a whole lot more sense than making people wait an entire year for the 2nd part."

Yeah, but Kevin Costner's Horizon is actually 4 Parts. The other two just haven't been filmed yet. So it's doing basically the exact same thing as Wicked. 

BrodyFosse123
#1414Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/27/24 at 8:49am

WICKED: Part 1 was pushed up from its original release date - Christmas 2024, so I’d expect them to push up Part 2’s release date if Part 1 does extremely well. Wouldn’t be surprised if it gets a Summer 2025 release date instead of its announced Thanksgiving 2025. 

Jeffrey Karasarides Profile Photo
Jeffrey Karasarides
#1415Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:10am

I'd be shocked if Universal decides to move up the release date for Part Two. Producing one big budget VFX heavy film alone can be very time consuming, especially in post-production. The filmmakers likely won't even begin post on that until shortly after Part One is completed.

Updated On: 2/27/24 at 09:10 AM

BrodyFosse123
#1416Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:23am

WICKED was filmed in full - Part 1 and Part 2 were filmed as one film. Once they wrapped filming and everything was taken down and struck, they were done. Having to rebuild and bring back everyone again would be a disastrous headache which is why countless sequels filmed several individual films all together. Yes, shooting schedule is longer but saves time and money. 

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#1417Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:31am

Part one will make bank. By March it’ll be released digitally and then I’m assuming universal will release it on BD/4K by May. Then when part two is ready, part one will be re-released in theaters to double dip on box office, then special editions of both parts together will be released to double dip on digital/physical sales.

And  by releasing a year apart, people won’t feel like they “just spend money on it” annd will be more likely to shell it out again. It’s financially strategic even though I think it sucks. 

Updated On: 2/27/24 at 09:31 AM

TBFL Profile Photo
TBFL
#1418Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 2/28/24 at 1:29pm

BrodyFosse123 said: "WICKED was filmed in full - Part 1 and Part 2 were filmed as one film. Once they wrapped filming and everythingwas taken down and struck, they were done. Having to rebuild and bring back everyone again would be a disastrous headache which is why countless sequels filmed several individual films all together. Yes, shooting schedule is longer but saves time and money."

Except they did have to rebuild alot of the main sets after the writers strike, so they could complete the film as well as do various reshoots.

Globefan
#1419Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/5/24 at 4:52pm

Cynthia and Ariana will be presenting at the Oscars 

Ensemble1706612804
#1420Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/6/24 at 7:43am

Globefan said: "Cynthia and Ariana will be presenting at the Oscars"

Will we be getting another teaser 👀

BrodyFosse123
#1421Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/6/24 at 7:50am

Ensemble1706612804 said: "Globefan said: "Cynthia and Ariana will be presenting at the Oscars"

"

Teaser trailers are only released once, so we already were given that. Next trailer will be the first official trailer which will be followed by Trailer 2, Trailer 3, etc which are different edits focusing on different themes. 

Ensemble1706612804
#1422Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/6/24 at 10:10am

BrodyFosse123 said: "Ensemble1706612804 said: "Globefan said: "Cynthia and Ariana will be presenting at the Oscars"

"

Teaser trailers are only released once, so we already were given that. Next trailer will be the first official trailer which will be followed by Trailer 2, Trailer 3, etc which are different edits focusing on different themes.
"

Do you think we will be getting an official trailer on Sunday then? It’s definitely really early but I guess they are really trying with this promo (even though the first one for more dislikes than likes on youtube) 

jlindsey865 Profile Photo
jlindsey865
#1423Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/21/24 at 9:01am

https://x.com/vanityfair/status/1770790034985160889?s=46

Don’t really understand the concept behind the Fiyero photo, but loving most of what I am seeing here! 

berniesb!tch
#1424Universal's WICKED Film - News & Discussion Thread
Posted: 3/21/24 at 9:27am

Love these photos but where is Dillamond!!

Videos