pixeltracker

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?- Page 19

Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#450Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/14/24 at 11:40am

So that would be 8 weeks - thanks, Taffy. Glad to know I didn't just make that up in my mind. 

akhoya87
#451Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/23/24 at 11:03pm

Wow.  Evan Rachel Wood is truly spectacular.  Agree 100% with everyone that says she embodies Audrey perfectly.  I loved her work in Westworld, so curiosity got the better of me.  And I'm so glad I went.  Her Somewhere That's Green is delicate, and she can belt Suddenly Seymour with the best of them.  Certainly the best Audrey I've seen in this production (and this is my third trip to Skid Row).

Darren Criss was there.  I don't mean that in a bad way -- he was a perfectly serviceable Seymour.  But I thought to myself, "Audrey seems a bit more prominent than the last two times I saw this show."  I wouldn't say Evan's voice overpowered Darren's, so much as Darren's voice almost seemed deliberately secondary.  

Evan has a good film and TV career, but I hope she pivots to musical theatre more fully at some point, particularly in a role that allows her to showcase both her vocal talents and her ability to dive deep emotionally.  (I don't necessarily have high hopes that the Thelma and Louise musical will provide that vehicle... though don't judge a book by its cover, etc., I suppose.)

smidge
#452Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 7:19pm

The Instagram account is throwing out clues for the new cast. Anyone hear any rumors?

tacotheatrelover Profile Photo
tacotheatrelover
#453Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 7:40pm

smidge said: "The Instagram account is throwing out clues for the new cast. Anyone hear any rumors?"

I've been looking at photos of the Seymour's because it seems to be a Seymour coming back for seconds. Now either i'm stupid or they took new photos but i can't find anything at all.

7thbighero
#454Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 7:58pm

Corbin is the returning Seymour, his press shot and the silhouette from the preview line up 

BAREly_Wicked Profile Photo
BAREly_Wicked
#455Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 8:16pm

Was hoping for all new fresh leads. Corbin just left in January.

yyys
#456Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 8:48pm

could it be Matt Doyle?

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#457Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:08pm

They may have asked Corbin to step aside for Darren, and always planned for him to return. (Totally me thinking aloud)

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

7thbighero
#458Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:18pm

I’m trying to figure out who the new Audrey and Orin are 

BAREly_Wicked Profile Photo
BAREly_Wicked
#459Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:37pm

7thbighero said: "I’m trying to figure out who the new Audrey and Orin are"

Someone on Reddit stated Storm Lever and the silhouette looks very close.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#460Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 9:52pm

I think it’s Alexandra Shipp, who played Storm in “X-Men: Apocalypse.” We know she has a great singing voice, as she proved in “tick, tick… BOOM!”

Oh look, a bibu!

PipingHotPiccolo
#461Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 10:06pm

BAREly_Wicked said: "7thbighero said: "I’m trying to figure out who the new Audrey and Orin are"

"

Storm Lever has a really cool voice but she just started in SIX two months ago, and would not sell any tickets. 

Skip23 Profile Photo
Skip23
#462Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 10:16pm

Just saw this last Sunday.  Totally underwhelming

Criss wasn’t schlubby enough  

Wood played Audrey straight, no caricature and it’s just a boring portrayal. Nice singing voice, but we need the schtick.

Stephen DeRosa, who I usually love, was rushing through everything.

The three girls had semi-personalities but nobody seemed to be having any fun doing any of this.

Pinkham was just loud and pushy. Not funny

The show was a big disappointment 

DJD4
#463Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 10:18pm

PipingHotPiccolo said: "BAREly_Wicked said: "7thbighero said: "I’m trying to figure out who the new Audrey and Orin are"

"

Storm Lever has a really cool voice but she just started in SIX two months ago, and would not sell any tickets.
"

I mean, crazier things have happened. I would LOVE to see her play Audrey.

Ptero2
#464Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 10:52pm

Jinkx Monsoon. Big storm = monsoon and her and Corbin Bleu just started following each other on IG.

Jordan Catalano
#465Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 11:00pm

Ptero2 said: "Jinkx Monsoon. Big storm = monsoon and her and Corbin Bleu just started following each other on IG."

OMG that would be amazing

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
#466Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/27/24 at 11:34pm

It's definitely Jinkx. The outline in the tease is of her new profile pic.

Updated On: 2/27/24 at 11:34 PM

GiantsInTheSky2 Profile Photo
GiantsInTheSky2
#467Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/28/24 at 6:48am

Current leads are through 03/31…do we think Corbin & Jinkx start the first/second?

I am big. It’s the REVIVALS that got small.

hearthemsing22
#468Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/28/24 at 9:18am

If it is indeed Corbin, I wonder why they didn't advertise this as "For a limited time, see Darren Criss while Corbin takes time off" or something along those lines. But I don't think Little Shop ever advertises like that, and they prefer it be a surprise.

Plannietink08 Profile Photo
Plannietink08
#469Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/28/24 at 9:46am

Jinx just started following both Darren and Corbin on insta so it seems like it’s definitely her.  

"Charlotte, we're Jewish"

TaffyDavenport Profile Photo
TaffyDavenport
Felipe26 Profile Photo
Felipe26
#471Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/28/24 at 10:01am

Jinkx & Corbin confirmed! Also James Carpinello as Orin. I'm so excited! I love Jinkx and can't wait to go back to Skid Row to see her as Audrey! 

https://people.com/jinkx-monsoon-to-play-audrey-in-off-broadway-little-shop-of-horrors-exclusive-8601418

Kad Profile Photo
Kad
#472Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/28/24 at 10:12am

That is EXCELLENT casting. 

"...everyone finally shut up, and the audience could enjoy the beginning of the Anatevka Pogram in peace."

The Rural Juror
#473Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/28/24 at 10:13am

Jinkx as Audrey is so exciting! I know it wouldn't line up with her schedule of going back to Chicago, but it would be an EVENT if she replaced Sutton in Sweeney. 

Jordan Catalano
#474Little Shop...Who Leads? Anyone know?
Posted: 2/28/24 at 10:17am

Jinkx has said Lovett is one of her dream roles.