pixeltracker

It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.

It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#1It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/16/21 at 7:08pm

When the news came out that Broadway was returning  beginning on Sept. 14th, I was so thrilled.  I had hoped to get a ticket for SIX, but it sold out.  

Fri. Sept. 17th:  Chicago

Sat. Sept 18th:  Wicked 8 p.m.

Sun. Sept. 19th:  Chicago --2:30 p.m. & 7:00 p.m.

If something materializes for a 2:30 / 3:00 p.m. show for Sept. 18th, I'll take a look at it.  I'm traveling using Southwest and staying at the Washington Jefferson.  I've stayed there before.  It's near the Gershwin Theatre.   I have a Hotels.com voucher for the Mayfair on 49th St. that I (unfortunately) can only use if that hotel is open for business (which it's not).  I noticed  on the Southwest page that I have to take some sort of form that is required by the State of New York.  I can only fill it out prior to the actual travel date.  I was last in NYC in December 2018.  I went to SF in 2019.  I had planned on being in NYC in June 2020, but...... Even though I am fully vaccinated with 2 Pfizer doses,  I plan on wearing a mask / face covering.  I'll be wearing my Covid card hanging around my neck.  I have never been to NYC in September, so I'm not sure what to expect regarding the weather.  Still, I am eagerly anticipating seeing theatre after such a long absence.  

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#2It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/16/21 at 7:27pm

Man, such variety! It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return:  My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.

In all seriousness, isn't it so exciting to plan trips again? Six is a hot ticket but maybe you can win the lotto for that? In mid-September it does start to cool down (unlike the soupy armpit the City becomes in August), but it's still really lovely, you might need a light jacket at night but that's about it.

Have a wonderful time!!! 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#3It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/16/21 at 8:02pm

Well, I had thought of going during the Thanksgiving weekend, but I didn't want to wait any longer.  The last time I saw a Broadway-related show was in October 2019 (when I saw a concert version of "Chicago" in Dallas).  I'm not sure any of the cast members from March 2020 have been asked back.  Christine Pedi was talking about it recently on Sirius XM on Broadway.  How does it work out when Broadway returns?  Would the last contracts be honored?  Or would cast members have to sign new contracts?  I have no idea how that will work out.  I hope Emma Pittman gets her chance as Roxie (as she won the Search For Roxie contest).  I'm also wondering who will become the new "Chicago" choreographer.  We shall see.

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

ACL2006 Profile Photo
ACL2006
#4It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/16/21 at 8:12pm

The Book of Mormon is supposed to start that week as well. Hopefully you can get a ticket for their Saturday matinee.

A Chorus Line revival played its final Broadway performance on August 17, 2008. The tour played its final performance on August 21, 2011. A new non-equity tour started in October 2012 played its final performance on March 23, 2013. Another non-equity tour launched on January 20, 2018. The tour ended its US run in Kansas City and then toured throughout Japan August & September 2018.

Patti LuPone FANatic
#5It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/16/21 at 8:33pm

I was looking into off-Broadway, but I didn't seeing anything for that week.  I understand how the Book of Mormon is an appealing show to many, but it's not a show I would see.  

Sutton Ross
#6It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/16/21 at 8:37pm

Please come back in December or January when so many more shows will be open! In terms of Off-Broadway, someone said something about Assassins opening in November. 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#7It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/16/21 at 11:40pm

That's an interesting idea Sutton.  Idk if I could swing another NYC trip 3 months after.  My choices for my doomed June 2020 trip included Phantom and Moulin Rouge.  Sigh.

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#8It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 12:32pm

Normally the Bway Flea Market is sometime that weekend or the next one so something to possibly look forward to!

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#9It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 12:42pm

I feel your pain Patti, I'm coming in early Aug for a wedding and was hoping something would be open, but it looks like I'm just a tad too early. 

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#10It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 1:12pm

Wick3 said: "Normally the Bway Flea Market is sometime that weekend or the next one so something to possibly look forward to!"

It was revealed on "Stars in the House" early last month that BC/EFA is planning for an in-person Flea Market on September 26.

Life is the most precious gift in the world... embrace every moment

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#11It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 1:43pm

What New York City and State will require of people coming to NYC in September is likely to change between today and your departure. 

Patti LuPone FANatic
#12It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 7:11pm

In all the times I've visited NYC, i have never been to Brooklyn.  

ArtMan
#13It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 7:24pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "In all the times I've visited NYC, i have never been to Brooklyn."

Take the subway over, then walk back over the bridge.  If it's a nice day, great picture taking and memories.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#14It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 8:40pm

There's some tix for "Six" for that first performance being resold in the front mezz for only $3000 each. What a bargain!!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#15It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 8:41pm

I would love to go to Brooklyn if I had a tour guide.  I am not comfortable with heights in bridges.  I can barely walk a small section of the Golden Gate Bridge.  I might try a tour bus.

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#16It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 8:42pm

Well the bus tours are definitely back. I see them every day now back out there selling tickets for them.

ClydeBarrow Profile Photo
ClydeBarrow
#17It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 10:08pm

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I would love to go to Brooklyn if I had a tour guide. I am not comfortable with heights in bridges. I can barely walk a small section of the Golden Gate Bridge. I might try a tour bus."

What? The subway goes there so you don’t have to deal with heights. People go to Brooklyn. This isn’t the 1800’s. 

"Pardon my prior Mcfee slip. I know how to spell her name. I just don't know how to type it." -Talulah

JBradshaw Profile Photo
JBradshaw
#18It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 10:57pm

A) Pedi is great

B) is wearing ones vax card a thing?

ggersten Profile Photo
ggersten
#19It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 11:07pm

What is the status of Pedi's eyesight? 

How much will it affect her ability to perform?

Sutton Ross
#20It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/17/21 at 11:54pm

What? The subway goes there so you don’t have to deal with heights. People go to Brooklyn. This isn’t the 1800’s."

Did you mean to type the 1980's? If so, that is correct. 

unclevictor Profile Photo
unclevictor
#21It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/18/21 at 12:35am

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "In all the times I've visited NYC, i have never been to Brooklyn."

Some of us who were born in Manhattan and lived here our whole lives don’t go to Brooklyn that often. Don’t feel bad. Brooklyn don’t care!

Patti LuPone FANatic
#22It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/18/21 at 8:22pm

I will make it a point to visit Brooklyn in some way.  I'll also take the necessary precautions and carry my vaccination card with me at all times.  I'm curious what changes will appear in shows...like Chicago for instance...when the cast performs very closely.  

The8re phan Profile Photo
The8re phan
#23It's Not A Comeback...It's A Return: My Trip to NYC: Sept. 17-20, 2021.
Posted: 5/18/21 at 8:55pm

The borough is much better than the musical

Slotted spoons don't hold much soup