pixeltracker

DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread- Page 2

DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread

chrishuyen
#25DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 8/27/21 at 3:44pm

Ah, I hadn't realized the video didn't include the full song, but you can hear them going at it in the full song if you have a streaming music service.

<3Ragtime2
#26DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 8/27/21 at 5:04pm

ColorTheHours048 said: "I genuinely can’t believe this musical exists and that there’s any positivity being shown toward it. Everything I’ve heard so far has been middling to horrible. And as Dolly80 noted, those ACCENTS. Yikes."

It can't be worse than this. She must be spinning in her grave. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YhpCMJACpzk&t=4133s

CATSNYrevival Profile Photo
CATSNYrevival
#27DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 8/27/21 at 7:07pm

The full song can also be streamed on YouTube.

https://music.youtube.com/channel/UC4xbR0dT0iDv39u85kKuTHw

msmp Profile Photo
msmp
#28DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 8/27/21 at 11:11pm

Jordan Catalano said: "I really did love this show and it’s throwback 80s rock score.

Can’t wait for everyone here to rip it apart in a few months. lol
"

Same! It had a really campy, rocky 80s feel to it, which I thought fit the source material. Saw the first preview and it was a fluffy, fun night of theatre. Hardly going to be a critical darling, but I don't regret spending the money for tickets. Sometimes it's okay for theatre to just be entertainment for a couple hours.

ArtMan
#29DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/3/21 at 10:44am

Jordan Catalano said: "I really did love this show and it’s throwback 80s rock score.

Can’t wait for everyone here to rip it apart in a few months. lol
"

Had to use airline miles before they expire so planning a mini trip November 2 - 4.  (three shows) Didn't have much to choose from.  (would have chosen Morning at Seven if had Tuesday night performance,)  So I picked Diana.  We kind of like the same things.  Why will people rip it apart?  My other two shows are Caroline Or Change and Doubtfire.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#30DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 12:01am

The full album is finally out! Full thoughts upon first listen would be welcome, everyone.

Oh look, a bibu!

n2nbaby Profile Photo
n2nbaby
#31DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 9:34am

This is… terrible. The lyrics are hilariously awful.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#32DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 10:11am

I've listened twice through the entire album this morning, and it's... not very good. I like a couple of the songs (Pretty, Pretty Girl and If), but overall this is very bland. I was planning to see this on my November trip, but this cast album has me rethinking that decision. I will definitely watch the Netflix filming next week, and I am really looking forward to it. If I don't like the Netflix filming though, I will definitely be picking another show to fill the slot I currently have reserved for this.

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

CATSNYrevival
#33DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 10:24am

The lyrics are the weakest link and I found the finale puzzling. I like “If” well enough but “The people who will change the world are not the ones you think will change the world” seems to come out of nowhere and I’m not sure what significance it is supposed to have. Diana changed the world while she was still here with her philanthropy and charity work. I don’t believe they mean to say she changed the world by leaving it but it almost comes across that way.

I enjoyed the rest of it. I love the idea established early on with the music styles of the royals being more classical and Diana being a rock star.

BCfitasafiddle
#34DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 10:30am

I like a good amount of this! Not all of it, but I can take it. I'm excited to see it live.

EDSOSLO858 Profile Photo
EDSOSLO858
#35DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:04am

“Snap, Click” and “I Will” are competing for airtime in my head right now. This show gives off “Anastasia” meets “Pretty Woman” vibes.

Enjoyable music despite some trite lyrics. I’d say pretty much the same about “Memphis.”

Oh look, a bibu!

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#36DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:17am

I'm thankful cast albums are slowly trickling out again.

bwayphreak234 Profile Photo
bwayphreak234
#37DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 11:24am

jacobsnchz14 said: "I'm thankful cast albums are slowly trickling out again."

SAME! I am praying the announce a COMPANY recording soon!

"There’s nothing quite like the power and the passion of Broadway music. "

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#38DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 2:48pm

How can anybody like these songs, they are truly awful with dreadful lyrics. I can see this trash landing with a thud on Netflix UK.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

Showhopper2
#39DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:26pm

songanddanceman2 said: "How can anybody like these songs, they are truly awful with dreadful lyrics. I can see this trash landing with a thud on Netflix UK. "

How can anybidy just not accept or respect different opinions? 🙄

I don't get why some people are just  rude against others, only because they don't  agree with them!? 

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#40DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:28pm

Looking forward to watching this on Netflix. 

HenryTDobson Profile Photo
HenryTDobson
#41DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:31pm

Wow this is worse than I remember. I'm excited to watch next week! 

songanddanceman2
#42DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:53pm

Showhopper2 said: "songanddanceman2 said: "How can anybody like these songs, they are truly awful with dreadful lyrics. I can see this trash landing with a thud on Netflix UK. "

How can anybidy just not accept orrespect different opinions? ?

I don't get why some people are just rude against others, only because they don't agree with them!?

Not sorry, this is a truly dreadful score with awful lyrics, it's embarrassing.

iluvtheatertrash
#43DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 4:58pm

What’s embarrassing is your continuing to dismiss others’ opinions, which they are welcome to as you are yours.

"I know now that theatre saved my life." - Susan Stroman

jacobsnchz14 Profile Photo
jacobsnchz14
#44DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 5:07pm

songanddanceman2 said: "Not sorry, this is a truly dreadful score with awful lyrics, it's embarrassing.

"

I remember when Broadway was dark and people missed it. But now Broadway is back, and here we are.

songanddanceman2
#45DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 5:09pm

I am not saying the show should close or not exist, I just think its truly dreadful music and lyrics.

Sutton Ross Profile Photo
Sutton Ross
#46DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 5:12pm

You've now said that three times. The exact same thing. We got it, thanks so much. 

fosterfan2
#47DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 5:37pm

bwayphreak234 said: "jacobsnchz14 said: "I'm thankful cast albums are slowly trickling out again."

SAME! I am praying the announce a COMPANY recording soon!

Ditto! That makes 3 of us! I'm hoping and praying for a Company cast recording,too. I want it so much,especially since I probably won't get to see it in person.

I plan to watch "Diana" on Netflix. I was an admirer of the real Princess.

RippedMan Profile Photo
RippedMan
#48DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 6:48pm

Every time I listen to Memphis I'm struck by the lack of nuance or subtly in the lyrics. It's all just so very obvious and bland, so wasn't expecting much from this. But some catchy stuff. I'll def be watching on Netflix! 

CATSNYrevival
#49DIANA Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
Posted: 9/24/21 at 7:14pm

The lyrics in Memphis are often non specific and the majority of the songs can easily be performed out of context. Diana is the opposite. The lyrics, while often unpolished, are very specific so much so that it would likely be difficult to perform any of the songs out of context without explaining that the song is from the Diana musical. The one exception, perhaps, being Camilla's "I Miss You Most on Sundays."