pixeltracker

"Money shot" onstage during The Performers?

"Money shot" onstage during The Performers?

A Part of It All
#1"Money shot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 12:09am

Just read the play "The Performers" and it calls for an onstage "money shot" [[edited by BWW staff]] in the stage directions? How on Earth did they stage this?

After reading this, I wish I had seen this one. 

Updated On: 7/27/21 at 12:09 AM

David10086 Profile Photo
David10086
#2"Moneyshot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 12:12am

😶 Updated On: 7/27/21 at 12:12 AM

uncageg Profile Photo
uncageg
#3"Moneyshot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 3:48am

A Part of It All said: "Just read the play "The Performers" and it calls for an onstage "money shot" [[edited by BWW staff]] in the stage directions? How on Earth did they stage this?

After reading this, I wish I had seen this one. 
"

I saw it. It was fun. Don't remember the money shot but it could have happened!

Just give the world Love.
Updated On: 7/27/21 at 03:48 AM

LightsOut90
#4"Moneyshot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 5:00am

im pretty sure if i remember the show this was cut fron the broadway production Updated On: 7/27/21 at 05:00 AM

darreyl102 Profile Photo
darreyl102
#5"Moneyshot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 5:03am

I saw the Broadway production and enjoyed it from what I can remember. I have a boot of it somewhere. May try and dig it up and see

Darreyl with an L!
Updated On: 7/27/21 at 05:03 AM

Jordan Catalano Profile Photo
Jordan Catalano
#6"Moneyshot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 8:24am

^ Same.

I remember that when i saw the show, i laughed harder than i had in a VERY long time and was honestly shocked that the show flopped, the way it did. Updated On: 7/27/21 at 08:24 AM

willep
#7"Moneyshot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 9:47am

I honestly don’t remember anything from that show.

Updated On: 7/27/21 at 09:47 AM

quizking101 Profile Photo
quizking101
#8“Money shot” onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 9:53am

Jordan Catalano said: "^ Same.

I remember that when i saw the show, i laughed harder than i had in a VERY long time and was honestly shocked that the show flopped, the way it did.
"

Part of it was opening right in the immediate aftermath of Hurricane Sandy with little promotion. I remember enjoying myself a lot but I don’t remember there being any sort of “money shot” on stage.

Check out my eBay page for sales on Playbills!! www.ebay.com/usr/missvirginiahamm
Updated On: 7/27/21 at 09:53 AM

SouthernCakes
#9"Moneyshot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 10:42am

I laughed a ton but there was no Money shot or even anything that racy. Updated On: 7/27/21 at 10:42 AM

IronMan Profile Photo
IronMan
#10"Moneyshot" onstage during The Performers?
Posted: 7/27/21 at 10:57am

I only recall being disappointed that despite the photo outside the theater, Henry Winkler did NOT at any time appear dressed as a construction worker in tiny daisy dukes. 

That, and everyone seemed to be in a different play. 

"What- and quit show business?" - the guy shoveling elephant shit at the circus.
Updated On: 7/27/21 at 10:57 AM

darquegk Profile Photo
darquegk
#11Nope
Posted: 7/27/21 at 11:37am

I misread as "The Producers," and was trying to remember when THAT took place.

Bettyboy72 Profile Photo
Bettyboy72
#12Nope
Posted: 7/27/21 at 11:51am

As others have mentioned, I saw the show, have fleeting memories of mildly enjoying it, but remember nothing about it. I don’t recall it being very good. Not surprising it flopped. Everyone did seem to be in a different show, directed by a different director and I recall no one other than Winkler seemed to be having any fun. Jackson seemed very tense and out of his element.

"The sexual energy between the mother and son really concerns me!"-random woman behind me at Next to Normal "I want to meet him after and bang him!"-random woman who exposed her breasts at Rock of Ages, referring to James Carpinello

mikem Profile Photo
mikem
#13Nope
Posted: 7/27/21 at 1:28pm

I don't remember the show in that much detail, either, but the show was not graphic at all.  IIRC, no nudity, no sex scenes, no "money shot."  There was some racy talk, but that was all.

"What was the name of that cheese that I like?" "you can't run away forever...but there's nothing wrong with getting a good head start" "well I hope and I pray, that maybe someday, you'll walk in the room with my heart"

veronicamae Profile Photo
veronicamae
#14Nope
Posted: 7/27/21 at 6:29pm

I saw this show when I was stranded in NYC after Sandy before I moved here and it was hilarious to me at the time, and I have absolutely no memory of it beyond that. LOL

Updated On: 7/27/21 at 06:29 PM

JBroadway Profile Photo
JBroadway
#15Nope
Posted: 7/27/21 at 6:40pm

Would've liked to see this, if only to have the opportunity to see Henry Winkler and Alicia Silverstone onstage. Have they done anything onstage since? I wasn't in NY when it was playing, but I remember being aware of the show, and its sudden closure.

It seems like the days of "1-week of performances" flops like this are behind us. Nowadays, it seems like most producers would rather stick it out for a bit, even with disastrous grosses - either to avoid the shame, or because they have some deluded hope of numbers turning around.